• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
it is ridiculous that Alex's FTL quick look looks better than the one they made in the office. I don't know what is going on with their video quality as of late.
Yeah, someone on GB made a comparison screenshot.

2622111-untitled-1.jpg

It's weird.

LegoArmo

Do Patrick and Alex ever disagree on anything? What's even the point of the morning show?

Ugh. I guess there's content for everyone. I just want more Jeff and more Vinny. V-Bomb all the time, every time.

daydream

Banned
Do Patrick and Alex ever disagree on anything? What's even the point of the morning show?

To be fair, there's not much disagreement on the Bombcast, either, even though four people are participating in the discussion (see the Jeff/Brad PvZ 'incident' where people freaked out for no reason, getting exposed to the slightest bit of heat).

FStop7

Banned

Ugh. I guess there's content for everyone. I just want more Jeff and more Vinny. V-Bomb all the time, every time.

Giant Bomb people almost never disagree with each other on podcasts or during shows. The one time Jeff and Brad openly disagreed about something you'd think they were getting a divorce based on the reactions here. It's just that uncommon.

popo

Yes when a disagreement happens people get so worried that they are going to shut the site down.

What did the tweet say?

It was just some spam tweet for a diet product. Dormant accounts that still have a decent number of followers get hacked quite often.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Congrats. :)

Maybe out of nostalgia, but I went back to listened to some old 2011 bombcasts because I wanted to hear the CAX narc story again and it's like a trip in time. Even the emails were something else, as we had this weird teleporting cat vs mindreading dog question. lol

Congrats Fattony!!

Maybe out of nostalgia, but I went back to listened to some old 2011 bombcasts because I wanted to hear the CAX narc story again and it's like a trip in time. Even the emails were something else, as we had this weird teleporting cat vs mindreading dog question. lol

Ah Classic Bombcasts the Shit Steak discussion is still a damn highlight.

Man these 2 FTL QLs finally got me to play it (pretty sure I bought it on a steam sale like 2 years back
KuGsj.gif
) and I am hopelessly addicited. Was usign the Zoltan ship and fighting the last boss on easy; after he jumped away for the 3rd and final fight, he gets some aoe green laser ability that pummels the shit out of my ship and i get wiped out. Kinda wish there was a way to repair your ship between "final" fights. I know I woulda won if i was at full health

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man these 2 FTL QLs finally got me to play it (pretty sure I bought it on a steam sale like 2 years back http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif) and I am hopelessly addicited. Was usign the Zoltan ship and fighting the last boss on easy; after he jumped away for the 3rd and final fight, he gets some aoe green laser ability that pummels the shit out of my ship and i get wiped out. Kinda wish there was a way to repair your ship between "final" fights. I know I woulda won if i was at full health
If you can risk the jumps, you could save some of the repair points for later use during the boss fight.

More random old bombcast tidbits - I forgot Vinny did a podcast with his dad. I wonder if he ever released it? lol

Scarecrow

I just got around to watching the PAX panel. Anyone have pictures of the Giant Bomb themed buttons that were given away during the convention? I wouldn't mind shelling out some $$ for a set of them if they put em on their store (and they look neat).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Catching up to the latest bombin', and while I do agree with patrick that using NPD sales for console cheerleading is dumb, I don't necessarily agree with him that we have insufficient data to actually have the only fight that fanboys seem to care about. 5 million shipped vs 7 million sold isn't really fuzzy enough to make it hard to compare who is leading the generation right now.

FluxWaveZ

Catching up to the latest bombin', and while I do agree with patrick that using NPD sales for console cheerleading is dumb, I don't necessarily agree with him that we have insufficient data to actually have the only fight that fanboys seem to care about. 5 million shipped vs 7 million sold isn't really fuzzy enough to make it hard to compare who is leading the generation right now.

Nah, it'll always be too early to determine which console is performing better.

FluxWaveZ

If you mean the long term sure, but I dunno, the numbers are there for the short term.

Guess I should have clarified it was sarcasm. 'Twas a dig on how the media's been parroting that nothing is ever certain since the consoles were unveiled (except for PS4 having DRM, that was certain) and that we're always going to have to wait to see how things really pan out.

demidar

Guess I should have clarified it was sarcasm. 'Twas a dig on how the media's been parroting that nothing is ever certain since the consoles were unveiled (except for PS4 having DRM, that was certain) and that we're always going to have to wait to see how things really pan out.

Well people have seriously thrown that around so it's understandable why people wouldn't think it's a joke.

FStop7

Banned
Last evening I was watching the UPF archive. The playback suddenly stalled. I refreshed the page and was taken back to the GB homepage. And UPF is gone. WTF?

Patryn

Last evening I was watching the UPF archive. The playback suddenly stalled. I refreshed the page and was taken back to the GB homepage. And UPF is gone. WTF?

Probably something wrong with the video file, so they took it down to re-encode it. This would be the third or fourth week in a row they've had to take down the archive, so it's not at all out of the ordinary.

I actually watched this one live, so did the archive have the audio delay issue yet again?

Also, I just loaded up the home page and the UPF archive is right there in the top box for me.

FStop7

Banned
Probably something wrong with the video file, so they took it down to re-encode it. This would be the third or fourth week in a row they've had to take down the archive, so it's not at all out of the ordinary.

I actually watched this one live, so did the archive have the audio delay issue yet again?

Also, I just loaded up the home page and the UPF archive is right there in the top box for me.

For me I have Jeff's NYU talk, front and center. Then Worth Playing, Worth Reading, and Patrick's PAX East panel. Under latest stories it's Alex's FTL QL and then Friday's Bombin' in the AM.

Huh, if I go to "Subscriber" under the videos category I do see the UPF archive there. But not on the front page. It's like I'm getting the non-subscriber front page.

Alucrid

Banned
For me I have Jeff's NYU talk, front and center. Then Worth Playing, Worth Reading, and Patrick's PAX East panel. Under latest stories it's Alex's FTL QL and then Friday's Bombin' in the AM.

Huh, if I go to "Subscriber" under the videos category I do see the UPF archive there. But not on the front page. It's like I'm getting the non-subscriber front page.

i'm not logged in and UPF is under AM alongside FLT NY QL and Baseball

daydream

Banned

Dunno if that's what's happening, but the front page is supposed to "smartly" adapt to what you've already watched and arrange the videos accordingly.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Congrats. :)

Ah Classic Bombcasts the Shit Steak discussion is still a damn highlight.

I need dates here people, dates! Got a long car ride home today.

Something in journalists feel the need to act like everyone is on equal ground and that it's anyone's race. It's like spill over from American politics or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Something in journalists feel the need to act like everyone is on equal ground and that it's anyone's race. It's like spill over from American politics or something.

I mean, I understand it, because the discussion can be so toxic. But I don't agree with trying to muddle things up like that I guess.

cdViking

Re: the NPD numbers, I find it really weird that they're fine mentioning anecdotal instances of XBOs being in stores when PS4s aren't, but then not wanting to touch NPD numbers.

Patryn

Re: the NPD numbers, I find it really weird that they're fine mentioning anecdotal instances of XBOs being in stores when PS4s aren't, but then not wanting to touch NPD numbers.

Because the anecdotal stories come in e-mails with the disclaimer about them being anecdotal, while the NPD numbers purport to have authority and the actual numbers revealed come second-hand? They've also pretty much never been a site that's highlighted NPD numbers. They don't like getting into those sales fights.

Either way, what does it matter? GB has its preferences, and it doesn't hide that fact. Last generation, they outright said that they generally got review titles on the 360, and that's the platform they tended to play the most.

This generation Brad's already said that he's been asking for the PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom