• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a Rev3Games video featured in Patrick's Worth Reading got me thinking: Scott Bromley would actually be a really good hire for Giant Bomb. He definitely gets somewhat obnoxious on the Comedy Button, but he's legitimately passionate about retro games and it's great listening to him talk about them. When he isn't being so "on", he's surprisingly articulate and funny about games.
He'd probably mesh really well with Jeff and Vinny too. Just a thought, especially with Rev3Games' days seemingly numbered.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really like Scott, I also think he just started with games journalism. But wasn't Nick from Rev3 an intern at Giant Bomb at some point in time?

I don't really like Scott, I also think he just started with games journalism. But wasn't Nick from Rev3 an intern at Giant Bomb at some point in time?

Scott's been bouncing back and forth between stuff, but he started at IGN forever ago. It sucks because I feel like he has a lot of potential, but hasn't really stayed anywhere long enough to get comfortable and loose.

But yeah, Nick used to intern at Giant Bomb. Rev3Games has basically become the Nick Robinson Show since Adam and Anthony left.

JL9DJ35.png

You can walk across this - no need to jump :/

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has Zoe Quinn made anything besides Depression Quest? I've seen her pop up in a ton of different places in the last 3 or 4 months.
She talks about it in the video actually. The only name of another game of hers I can remember is "It's not OK, cupid". She apparently made many small games.

Prior to that it really did sound like they were booing navaro.

Navarro's heel persona strikes agian.

The number of times Patrick has got into something he supposedly had no interest in recently he's going to be playing dota before the end of the year

Next thing you know he's playing with Pascal and them on Daily Dota 2: Electric Bugaloo, winnin' big with Tricky being a natural carry...

Having a Rev3Games video featured in Patrick's Worth Reading got me thinking: Scott Bromley would actually be a really good hire for Giant Bomb. He definitely gets somewhat obnoxious on the Comedy Button, but he's legitimately passionate about retro games and it's great listening to him talk about them. When he isn't being so "on", he's surprisingly articulate and funny about games.
He'd probably mesh really well with Jeff and Vinny too. Just a thought, especially with Rev3Games' days seemingly numbered.

Unless he's changed his style a bit in the last 3 years since I used to listen to him with Anthony Gallegos and Ryan Scott, I really wouldn't like him on the staff. He has his own very brash style of humour and also seems to like being the alpha of any group his is doing any comedy with, which might clash with Jeff's style.. Either way, not for me please.

Yo...check this shit out!

2620442-test.png

Dearest of Duders,
Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run 3 is kicking off this Friday, April 18th! Join us directly after Unprofessional Fridays as we stream for charity all weekend long. Expect to see Endurance Running, Mad Libs, guest appearances, and hopefully a lot of really stupid shenanigans!

Over two events last year, we raised nearly $2000 for Child’s Play. This time around we've decided to donate to the American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA) and their CPAP Assistance Program. We hope to outdo our previous outing by setting the goal at $2500!

Although our streams will be found on Twitch, the best place to watch us will be at www.explosiveruns.com, created by @chaser324. You can watch as many as four streams at once, and chat with other viewers!

If you’re interested in streaming with us or otherwise joining the cause, contact @jeffrud. If you’d like to donate, you can do that here! If you can’t donate, help us spread the word! #GBC3R

P.S. We're also giving away a ton of digital copies of games, plus a few things that exist in three dimensional space that you will definitely NOT want to miss. -Mgmt.

Copied from: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off...ndurance-run-3-gaming-and-raising-mo-1480648/

$1,747 raised so far!

sub_o

Was UPF good

It was okay, they only played NES games. Couple of baseball games, couple of terrible action platformers. I wish they'd play PSOne games during their retro stream though.

I'd expect them to play more NES games in the near future, since Jeff said that he's gonna leave his NESes in the office for awhile.

It was okay, they only played NES games. Couple of baseball games, couple of terrible action platformers. I wish they'd play PSOne games during their retro stream though.

I'd expect them to play more NES games in the near future, since Jeff said that he's gonna leave his NESes in the office for awhile.

That not fun to say

my first avatar quote :D but yeah I remember a mod getting mad at us all begging for the link a few weeks back. Didn't realize its the same link everytime

Yeah I know the case, didn't realize it was the same link either. Maybe it could be added to the OP (not like anyone's going to read it, but still).

TraBuch

Banned
So is here anything on Giantbomb funnier than watching Vinny play Second Life? It never fails to make me laugh. A lot.

Well, maybe hearing Jeff do that girl's lines in that alpaca dating sim.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Neither now, nor back when the 24 hour charity streams were going on, have I been able to access that (your?) website ^. Always get a DNS error.

Kelas

I have informed the Top Man, namely one Chaser324, about your issue.

Thanks. Maybe it's something on my end, because I've never seen anyone else mention the same problem, but it's literally the only website that throws up this error for me.

Thanks. Maybe it's something on my end, because I've never seen anyone else mention the same problem, but it's literally the only website that throws up this error for me.

From the IRC on the page that is causing you the trouble...

Chaser324 Maybe try going straight to the Amazon S3 bucket link?
Chaser324 http://www.explosiveruns.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/
Chaser324 ?
Chaser324 Don't know without digging in a bit more.
Chaser324 You also might telling the GAF guy to try clearing his DNS cache.

skynidas

Banned
it is ridiculous that Alex's FTL quick look looks better than the one they made in the office. I don't know what is going on with their video quality as of late.

daydream

Banned
it is ridiculous that Alex's FTL quick look looks better than the one they made in the office. I don't know what is going on with their video quality as of late.

Quite enjoyed the content, as well. Wouldn't mind him putting out the occasional FTL video.

Kelas

From the IRC on the page that is causing you the trouble...

Chaser324 Maybe try going straight to the Amazon S3 bucket link?
Chaser324 http://www.explosiveruns.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/
Chaser324 ?
Chaser324 Don't know without digging in a bit more.
Chaser324 You also might telling the GAF guy to try clearing his DNS cache.

Thanks. He PMed me that amazon link which indeed works great. None of my devices could access the normal url through our network, so I decided to try google's dns (had been meaning to try a dns alternative to my isp), and now I can access it just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom