• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chogidogs

This will break the goal in a week. He should atleast use the extra money on podcast ads, small business men will probably be interested in this.

Mesoian

This will break the goal in a week. He should atleast use the extra money on podcast ads, small business men will probably be interested in this.

If I were still making a lot of smaller independent themed websites, I'd buy into this.

Sadly, I don't really have a need for it anymore.

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

bonercop

Yeah, at some point you have to take more initiative. But it is true that they're ridiculously undermanned right now.

I mean, just look at the new releases tab on the site. Plenty of stuff they could be doing quick looks off, and I feel like in the past they would have.

RE_Player

I have no intention of ever using Webhook but I'm half-considering donating to the Kickstarter just because I want to help Dave.
I'm in the same boat and chipped in. Least I could do for Dave who has entertained me and was very nice the few times I called in during the Whiskey Media days.

I'd second that arguement. The ones with Dave are better than most QL's.

Speaking of Dave, he just (as in 4 minutes ago) launched a Kickstarter for Webhook https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1749618880/webhook

This is a weird and only semi-related question but does anyone know if Dave has ever talked about how he got started with web design? Where/if he went to school, what he started out building, etc. I'd like to hear about that stuff.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
"The hell's a command prompt?" - small businessman.

Small businessman goes back to Squarespace.

Zaph

This is a weird and only semi-related question but does anyone know if Dave has ever talked about how he got started with web design? Where/if he went to school, what he started out building, etc. I'd like to hear about that stuff.
He has a few times, but I can't remember specifically where.

Basically goes like this: Dropped out of college (partially because of Quake), started building Flash websites, brought along to company meetings because he was "that kid who knows about the internet", won a couple 'Flash website of the day" awards. Basically he completely capitalised on that moment in time when websites and the internet were like voodoo magic to most companies. Not really anything there that's relevant today.

Rami Ismail was one of the best bombin guest so far. Anyone want to comment on the controller support in Nuclear Throne? I want to grab it to support the guy if it works well

Man, Dave's credentials ARE hardcore.

PS3 launched with a way bigger price tag but without any games. Console sold a ton.
360 launched and half of those randomly exploded for no reason. Console sold a ton.

But now that the Xbox One is selling less than the PS4 in the first year of release, the console war is definitely over.

But he chose THE WORST WAY TO SAY THIS.

Patrick, baby PLEASE don't frame this like any interest and respectful critique (or hilarious gifs) isn't any better than fanboy meltdowns, epeen waving, or spin. It just doesn't look like the someone wanting to stay out of the fray that you are.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Dave's kickstarter is already almost halfway there and it just launched today. Go duder! He and Ian seem crazy good at what they do so I'm sure this thing will be great.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man, Dave's credentials ARE hardcore.

But he chose THE WORST WAY TO SAY THIS.

Patrick, baby PLEASE don't frame this like any interest and respectful critique (or hilarious gifs) isn't any better than fanboy meltdowns, epeen waving, or spin. It just doesn't look like the someone wanting to stay out of the fray that you are.
What did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom