• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If Dracula seriously takes 2 hits per health bar in second form, that is just straight up broken.

Dracula is terrible.

I just realized I've never watched The Blair Witch Project, have avoided spoilers all these years, and my only contact with anything related to the film is watching Patrick play that shit game.

I know the film and the game share very little, but it is going to be really weird when I finally get around to watching the Blu Ray.

jgminto

I haven't watched it either. I doubt it'll be as impressive these days with the flood of found footage media, but I do want to check it out.

I haven't watched it either. I doubt it'll be as impressive these days with the flood of found footage media, but I do want to check it out.

I never thought of it that way. I hope it still stands up. In regards to found footage horror, I have watched very little. REC, The Descent, two of the Paranormal Activity films (and turned off Apollo 18 half way through) - maybe something else I cannot remember. So I definitely will not be burnt out on the genre when I get to watch it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just realized I've never watched The Blair Witch Project, have avoided spoilers all these years, and my only contact with anything related to the film is watching Patrick play that shit game.

I know the film and the game share very little, but it is going to be really weird when I finally get around to watching the Blu Ray.

What's the point though, the game perfectly represents everything Blair Witch stands for. They didn't mention the dinosaurs but other than that it's almost 1:1

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda preferable honestly. The binding of Patrick videos got super boring when he spends half an hour gambling and checking chat and wiki for every single item.

valeo

I never thought of it that way. I hope it still stands up. In regards to found footage horror, I have watched very little. REC, The Descent, two of the Paranormal Activity films (and turned off Apollo 18 half way through) - maybe something else I cannot remember. So I definitely will not be burnt out on the genre when I get to watch it.

Whole point of BWP was the found footage concept and the hype around it. It was the first really effective viral marketing campaign I remember.

Almost no point watching it these days.

Whole point of BWP was the found footage concept and the hype around it. It was the first really effective viral marketing campaign I remember.

Almost no point watching it these days.

I'd still like to give it a go. I am planning a big horror film watchaton for October - to catch up on a genre I have neglected. Might try the one a day thing. Currently thinking about doing 10 "retro" film, and the other 21 can be more recent films - 2008 onward. I think it would bad to leave it out.

I've never watched The Exorcist either :/

maybe this has been mentioned but it looks like Jeff's Mixlr archives are posting faster now, the one's from yesterday are already there, in the past it was always a week behind for me...

http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/showreel/

Now if only they were somehow converted to a podcast to make it easier to listen to on mobile devices. I've tried the mobile site a couple times and the audio comes out as Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Edit: And that's only on the live shows, the archives won't play at all for me.

graboids

Now if only they were somehow converted to a podcast to make it easier to listen to on mobile devices. I've tried the mobile site a couple times and the audio comes out as Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I use the Mixlr App and it works fine... at least on iOS. Might be worth a shot if you havent tried it yet.

Grisby

Brad, you totally missed a party member back in the crow village. Like the mage of the game.

Good quicklook of the game btw.

Dany

Banned
vinny used to live in chelsea, neat! Recently visited NYC and that area was RAD

1. who doesn't love kevin spacy
2. who doesn't love shooters

oh wait, i don't like the second one :x Oh well. Trailer full of neat set pieces, the game looks fun but ehh.

Yeah, i kinda want to play a game where kevin spacey is shouting at me and angry that im not shooting or exploding things right. I dunno if that makes me weird or something.

Blair Witch is the best example of you had to be there.

There is no point watching it nowadays unless you're coming at from a historical perspective.

Zero315

Banned
the movie or the game? the movie definitely still holds up today

I haven't watched it in a couple years, but the movie does still hold up. Unlike The Matrix there aren't any special effects to make it look dated. That ending scene still creeps the fuck out of me.

Maybe it's my nostalgia talking, but it definitely has something that none of the other found footage films has.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's not setting a very high bar, but Blair Witch is no worse than the average shitty found footage horror movie released these days. Probably better than most of them. At least it sticks to the concept of found footage more often than not.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Oh man, I'm gonna need a link/time.

Hmm, I see you're now banned but hopefully you'll still see this. I don't have the exact time, but it's ~ 3 games in, pretty much right at the start of Drew's second game when the characters are getting introduced.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
This Spiderman QL is fantastic! Top notch stuff from Vinny and Jeff. And man, the game really does look fucking horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom