• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Now that I've finished DSII, I went back to watch their "We're Playing ... too" videos, and man, Brad still has the same issue with using items for fear of "wasting" them. If he just kept upgrading that Heide sword he had at +1, he'd be doing a lot better; or if he'd just focused on upgrading any weapon at all he'd be doing better.

Yeah Brad obviously knew something. I mean he is a big enough fan of the souls games to go back and play DS1 even though DS2 is out. If he hadn't known about this new game he would have showed SOME level of emotion. He displayed a complete lack of emotion.

Recall

Now that I've finished DSII, I went back to watch their "We're Playing ... too" videos, and man, Brad still has the same issue with using items for fear of "wasting" them. If he just kept upgrading that Heide sword he had at +1, he'd be doing a lot better; or if he'd just focused on upgrading any weapon at all he'd be doing better.

Brad always creates problems where there aren't any.

That is why he always says "really? Are you sure?" He overthinks everything and never takes the basic or obvious approach.

But hey Brad is the same guy who says its hard to commentate and play a game, where thousands of streamers are totally able to. Must be just journalists.

Brad isn't the only gamer with a fear of wasting Items. Doesn't that have a name on TV Tropes or something, The fear of wasting Items in a game because they might be useful later?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

That is why he always says "really? Are you sure?" He overthinks everything and never takes the basic or obvious approach.

But hey Brad is the same guy who says its hard to commentate and play a game, where thousands of streamers are totally able to. Must be just journalists.

There are thousands of people who can proficiently play violin, that doesn't make it not-difficult.

It is difficult to communicate articulately and play video games at the same time. By nature your attention must be divided which means you're not able to do either at your maximum capacity. A person could be great at a game, and a very well spoken articulate person, but be poor at both simultaneously. Performing two skills at once is a skill in itself.

Wunder

Yeah that's one big difference between Vinny and Brad, I think. When someone tells Vinny to do something in a QL he'll just do it, or he'll do something crazy that he thought of. But Brad plays a lot more conservatively, sometimes to the detriment of the quick look's entertainment value. It's totally fine to play your way in your own time, it's just a bit boring when someone plays that way in a video.

Zaph

But hey Brad is the same guy who says its hard to commentate and play a game, where thousands of streamers are totally able to. Must be just journalists
Streamers are usually making observations about what's currently going on or just rambling to themselves.

It's a lot harder to try to listen to the person next to you and actually have some form of conversation.

Ever tried concentrating on a game while your girlfriend or friend tries to chat about stuff? Usually all that comes out of my mouth are 1-5 word sentences.

Brad isn't the only gamer with a fear of wasting Items. Doesn't that have a name on TV Tropes or something, The fear of wasting Items in a game because they might be useful later?

Hoarders ? I'm like that in RPGs. Those fucking ethers in Final Fantasy.

There are thousands of people who can proficiently play violin, that doesn't make it not-difficult.

It is difficult to communicate articulately and play video games at the same time. By nature your attention must be divided which means you're not able to do either at your maximum capacity. A person could be great at a game, and a very well spoken articulate person, but be poor at both simultaneously. Performing two skills at once is a skill in itself.

Yeah, I'm like that. I can chat while playing games, but it's light. I'm pretty sure if I started analyzing stuff and communicating it to others, my playing skill would be affected.

skynidas

Banned
ZRKKKci.png

i was one of them :(

and i even had the real name thing

Curufinwe

Brad says its hard to carry on a conversation with one, two or three other people and concentrate on playing a game.

There's a difference.

Brad says its hard to carry on a conversation with one, two or three other people and concentrate on playing a game.

There's a difference.

exactly, i can babble all day to myself when i'm playing a game alone like all the youtube streamers. but when you're getting questions about mechanics and things you have to put a different kind of thought into your words.

Aaron

exactly, i can babble all day to myself when i'm playing a game alone like all the youtube streamers. but when you're getting questions about mechanics and things you have to put a different kind of thought into your words.
Brad also wants to show off the game, and not just play it. You can see that especially in the Dota 2 streams where he moves the camera around, even if it risks his hero getting ganked.

popo

The thing no-one dares to say is that actually, Vinny might be worse at playing games than Brad. BUT he's funnier at it.

Either way, it doesn't matter.

Vinny is the worst in the office (now Ryan is gone). The difference is that, like Ryan before him, Vinny doesn't give a shit. Brad gets all defesive so just feeds his critics.

ZRKKKci.png

i was one of them :(

and i even had the real name thing

Nuts, I'm out too.

This actually sucks I was using his scores as a bench mark in Trials Fusion. They really need to implement a follow feature so we can follow (for lack of a better word) these gaming celebrities without bogging down their lists with hundreds of people.

Last time I check this thread people are asking which GBer they want to be their girlfriend.. now people are bitching about Brad.

Good to see things are back to normal.

Bombcast Rewind is so good for background noise. Yesterday they were talking about the future of Neversoft and now Ryan is claiming that Bob Hoskins is dead.

NIN90

How exactly do I get a premium podcast onto my Android phone? I could download it to my PC and then transfer it, but my podcast app (iPP) doesn't recognize anything unless I download it directly through the app. Don't wanna switch the app for the odd premium podcast that I'm interested in since I like the UI and the widget.

Megasoum

Banned
How exactly do I get a premium podcast onto my Android phone? I could download it to my PC and then transfer it, but my podcast app (iPP) doesn't recognize anything unless I download it directly through the app. Don't wanna switch the app for the odd premium podcast that I'm interested in since I like the UI and the widget.

I don't know about your specific app but I use iCatcher on iOS and I simply put the RSS feed (that I can find on the premium page on the site) in the app and then it asks me for my login/password.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hey look at this glowing endorsement of me.

Does anyone remember that stream they did where Brad played some of the Jedi Knight games? I've been playing some of them and what's better than playing games? Watching Giant Bomb staff play the games you're playing and I can't seem to find it.

FStop7

Banned
Nuts, I'm out too.

This actually sucks I was using his scores as a bench mark in Trials Fusion. They really need to implement a follow feature so we can follow (for lack of a better word) these gaming celebrities without bogging down their lists with hundreds of people.

Another flopped promise of "next gen" - friend lists that don't buckle. XBL's is better than PSN's but they're both far short of what they should be.

Scarecrow

Do they still give out shirts for yearly subscriptions? What's the current shirt and when do they usually change em for the new year?

Anyone have a time code for the talk about Project Beast?

In UPF? Yup. That's all they say. (It's still under NDA so there's no 'talk')

It was during the part where Brad was playing that iOS game, I think. I'd describe that game as a Soulsian 2D-Overhead-Roguelike Swiping Experience.

newjeruse

In UPF? Yup. That's all they say. (It's still under NDA so there's no 'talk')

It was during the part where Brad was playing that iOS game, I think. I'd describe that game as a Soulsian 2D-Overhead-Roguelike Swiping Experience.
Yea, didn't mean to imply there was anything more. Just wanted to hear the question and how they answered.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I use Doggcatcher, and when adding the RSS feed to the list there is a username/password login option.

Myggen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom