• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This nicely adds to my hope that it'll be some promising greenhorn and not some well known game journo because they're all terrible.

This nicely adds to my hope that it'll be some promising greenhorn and not some well known game journo because they're all terrible.

I hope they hire someone that worked or had experience in game development like Drew. Coming into the job with good connections in development and understanding how stuff is made would be a plus. Above all, having good camera presence / humor would be even better.

Jeff Green doesn't count.

Kerned

Banned

I bet that a large company like CBS requires open jobs to be posted publicly, even if there is someone Jeff has in mind.

What are the chance's they'd hire a currently unemployed Irish video game developer/incredibly amateur improv comedian with no experience reviewing video games other than posting on GAF? I'm also pretty decent at Final Cut Pro.

ev0

What are the chance's they'd hire a currently unemployed Irish video game developer/incredibly amateur improv comedian with no experience reviewing video games other than posting on GAF? I'm also pretty decent at Final Cut Pro.

Ha! I'm just like you.... but not Irish or an amateur improv comedian.

My hair is thinning out similar to Jeff though.

2600150-dannyodneedsanadult.gif

go for it

Megasoum

Banned
I'm surprised they are not hiring somebody for the friend pool. I am guessing everybody else was just too expensive.

Even if they wanted to hire from their friend pool like you say they would most probably still have to officially open and publish the position. Doesn't prevent them to turn down everybody else afterward. When you have to deal with a big company like CBSi there is certain rules to follow.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Glad the story got taken down before I saw it, to be honest. Giant Bomb's "We Won't Post Any Kickstarter Stories
Unless we're friends with the developer
" Rule is just about the shittiest thing they do, and I desperately want Amplitude to get funded.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So looks like all the "HIRE DANNY, HIRE JEFF GREEN, HIRE IDUNNO" was completly irrelevant since they seem to try and get new blood and not some "established" journalist (or whatever you wish to call them). Good for them. Hopefully they choose me, I'm really funny you guys. My english is not that unbad but who cares, wright?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I hope they hire Brad Nicholson again

There re not going to give a gaffer any sort of consideration unless Brad really is leaving
Well, you probably shouldn't mention "Member of NeoGaf since 19xx" in your vita anyway.

JayEH

Not sure why they're posting up job openings when in the end they'll most likely end up hiring someone they knew.

Dany

Banned
I can't imagine how awkward the job interviews are going to be with 90% of the applicants being fanboys and all. Yikes.

The people who are qualified, post their application, are interviewed and are fans of GB will most likely be high but most people are well-adjusted even if their online activity says the contrary :p

The people who are qualified, post their application, are interviewed and are fans of GB will most likely be high but most people are well-adjusted even if their online activity says the contrary :p
This sounds all well and good until you end up with an Alex Albrecht

Obviously "best person for the job" and all that, but I do hope they end up hiring a girl. Site's a hell of a sausagefest. :p

Plus maybe the chat would finally get all their hormones out of their system that way.
lol no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom