• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

How long have you guys been listening to Gamespot's podcasts?

Favorite Hotspot hosts? You may only choose one.

Rich Gallup
Jeff Gerstmann
Tor Thorsen
Vinny Caravella
Brendan Sinclair

chogidogs

Rich Gallup
Jeff Gerstmann
Tor Thorsen
Vinny Caravella
Brendan Sinclair

Easy.

Rich > Vinny > Jeff > Brendan > Tom Magrino > Tor (the guy who lost an episode a couple of times? the guy who seemed like he didn't care? of course he's last)

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Rich Gallup
Jeff Gerstmann
Tor Thorsen
Vinny Caravella
Brendan Sinclair

Rich was the best, and the Rich Jeff combo was special.
Vinny Jeff was great too.

popo

It is too bad that the SF office can't just jump on and do a short show about the news. But I assume Jeff is out, and Brad and Vinny probably don't have much to say, so why bother.

Having the two news guys cover it seems like a sensible division of labour.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Having the two news guys cover it seems like a sensible division of labour.
I mean, it makes sense for Patrick to talk about it - and he said he guessed wrong about what would happen on the podcast yesterday - but to be honest, I'm more interested in Jeff's take on the whole thing. I can guess at what he'd say, but I just want to hear him say it, if that makes any sense.

Fox318

It is too bad that the SF office can't just jump on and do a short show about the news. But I assume Jeff is out, and Brad and Vinny probably don't have much to say, so why bother.

They barley have the staff to maintain the site as it is. A live show like that would be to much work for them. Maybe in 5 years time they will have the staff and infrastructure to do a live breaking news show from SF but right now its clear that they just don't have the ability to do that.

Chuck

Still without luck
So now Quick Looks are out of sync with the audio. Watching Jojo and it's definitely off.

They really have to fix this stuff.

TraBuch

Banned
Wait..Is the word "integral" pronounced the way Patrick and Alex were saying it? Have I been pronouncing it incorrectly my entire life?

Lunzio

I say the first way when referring to maths i.e integrate this function F(x) and the second way when referring to its synonym 'it's key to this object'.

I've taken too many calculus courses to pronounce it any differently!

On another note, it also seems like they won't be adding any segments to the Bombcast today.

OoRNqKB.png

popo

I mean, it makes sense for Patrick to talk about it - and he said he guessed wrong about what would happen on the podcast yesterday - but to be honest, I'm more interested in Jeff's take on the whole thing. I can guess at what he'd say, but I just want to hear him say it, if that makes any sense.

Jeff isn't even in the office so the point is moot. Try asking him on tumblr.

oh and they still didn't fix the UPF audio btw. -_-

They probably should fix it but if you have a player that can audio shift then it is between 200 and 300 ms out. No real need to wait unless you are on tablet or something.

FStop7

Banned
If only there were an instantaneous method of communicating with a wide audience in near real time

Some sort of video that can be sent out into the world

I've taken too many calculus courses to pronounce it any differently!

On another note, it also seems like they won't be adding any segments to the Bombcast today.

OoRNqKB.png

No offense to Jeff, but this happened a lot in the last months (and I imagine that has to do with PR and marketing deparments feeling they need to drop big announcements do it in tuesday), so is probably is better that they start recording in tuesday.

No offense to Jeff, but this happened a lot in the last months (and I imagine that has to do with PR and marketing deparments feeling they need to drop big announcements do it in tuesday), so is probably is better that they start recording in tuesday.
Isn't Jeff out for the week for e3 press stuff or was that last week? They probably recorded early to give Vinny to prep the vinnycast

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I'm with Jeff on this one. It doesn't matter what day they record on, they're always going to miss something. If the Bombcast was the only way to know their short-term thoughts, maybe, but there are plenty of other avenues.

I don't even know why the bombcast bothers with news when the site has a biweekly news focused podcast. SF should just focus on their core strengths - vinny, emails, and sleepy brads

daydream

Banned
I don't see why they should move the podcast because the occasional news bit drops on a Tuesday. So what if they don't talk at length about it immediately? We can read a good chunk their thoughts on Twitter, and Patrick & Alex did a broadcast.

Hm? Because one rating board was more transparent in its response than the other? Technically, they reach the same conclusion, but the way it is communicated matters a lot - so yeah, the difference in nuance is interesting.

Because the Natsume report:

http://venturebeat.com/2010/06/21/harvest-moon-and-same-sex-relationships/

BUT, what Tricky failed to mention is that the article didn't asked or confirmed with ESRB directly if they did that because the "same sex issue elevates the rating" and the actual statement was from a PR:

Natsume declined to comment on this issue, but a PR rep at E3 revealed a wholly believable answer: Same-sex relationships would change the Western rating from E to T or M, depending on how the ESRB feels that week.

that sounds more like giving a excuse than a statement or confirmation.

Kerned

Banned
I don't even know why the bombcast bothers with news when the site has a biweekly news focused podcast. SF should just focus on their core strengths - vinny, emails, and sleepy brads

I can only speak for myself, but I am far more interested in hearing Jeff's, Brad's and Vinny's thoughts on the news than I am in Patrick's and Alex's.

Majine

Banned
The right solution is to build news into the ad segments of the podcast. "Hey small businessman, what you think of that new Xbox SKU? What, you didn't hear about it on the internet? ..."

Mechazawa

I can only speak for myself, but I am far more interested in hearing Jeff's, Brad's and Vinny's thoughts on the news than I am in Patrick's and Alex's.

Yeah. I think with rare exception, people around here don't actually listen to Bombcast to get actual news, but rather hear their take on it or, more importantly, hear them crack jokes about it.

Kerned

Banned
The right solution is to build news into the ad segments of the podcast. "Hey small businessman, what you think of that new Xbox SKU? What, you didn't hear about it on the internet? ..."

"When you sell your Kinect on eBay, don't go to the post office to ship it, take care of it from home using Stamps.com."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom