• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Danny confimed for Bombcast (unless he was already?)

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/466238327679483905

e: Damn you, Megasoum!

Yay. This should be an interesting bombcast lineup today!

I don't like Danny.

go-away.gif

What don't you like about him?

Patryn

Haven't they done a "recorded later" segment of the Bombcast before for big news?

Because, yeah, this warrants dragging them back into the studio and talking about it.

YI is colorful garbage
flip flops and jeans are the shit, I only wear thongs with my daisies on
cake
deep dish all the way
he's a wizard and that looks fucked up
gif
bottle caps
Neither, real Gs get chicken at Golden Bird

I think we are internet friends now.
The last was a trick question and the correct answer is
BakeSale Betty's
12802.jpg

I really hope the GiantBomb crew know about these sandwiches. Oakland is the kind of place I can see them sobering up at.

Lunzio

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek 1m
Gonna go live with @alex_navarro to chat about the big Xbox news from this morning in about 15 minutes. http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

& Brad also confirming that the podcast has already been recorded...
Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 47s
We should really start recording the podcast on Tuesdays.

hope they add to it.

Mr. F

Banned
I miss all the big news while I'm at work. Fortunately one of those rare occasions a story breaks in time to be discussed on the podcast immediately rather than a week later.

RE_Player

Looks like this is another huge story that will be missed on the bombcast since they record on Monday. By the time they do discuss it next week it will be old news and a mere passing comment.

FluxWaveZ

Looks like this is another huge story that will be missed on the bombcast since they record on Monday. By the time they do discuss it next week it will be old news and a mere passing comment.

At leas they're apparently doing a live stream discussion about the news, which I think is sufficient. It's unfortunate when things like this happen and they're neither discussed on the latest Bombcast or through a responsive video or live stream, only to have a passing comment on UPF.

Edit: Oh wait, I see it's just Patrick and Alex. Guess it's just going to get passing mentions on UPF after all.

Joeku

Nothing stopping them from sitting down for another half hour in the studio and adding it on to the end of the podcast. Or even just doing a mailbag-style video for fifteen and throwing that up. Lord knows they'll talk about it on UPF.

We'll definitely be hearing about it, no worries.

Poor Scoops with that Crow Burger for lunch, heh

Nothing stopping them from sitting down for another half hour in the studio and adding it on to the end of the podcast. Or even just doing a mailbag-style video for fifteen and throwing that up. Lord knows they'll talk about it on UPF.

Sounds like an UPF/Vinnyvania chat topic.

LeBart

They used to do that a lot, even for comparatively less important news. I miss these random chat videos.

They used to do that a lot, even for comparatively less important news. I miss these random chat videos.

Yeah, I liked their reaction videos. Just turning on a camera and taking in the office. The few videos they did had a very different vibe and tone compared to UPF or the podcast and I liked the more "serious" industry discussion it seemed to have.

Myggen

"A lot" seems to be a bit of an overstatement. They've never done a lot of those kinds of videos. A bit of a shame that the few they did seem to have been cut for Patrick/Alex though.

Ah well, not the end of the world.

LeBart

"A lot" seems to be a bit of an overstatement. They've never done a lot of those kinds of videos. A bit of a shame that the few they did seem to have been cut for Patrick/Alex though.

Ah well, not the end of the world.

I might be misremembering. The point is they don't do it at all anymore, which is too bad.

popo

What is to say that hasn't been said anyway?

MS wanted everyone to have a kinect so that devs would support it.

PS4 is beating them in sales.

They 180 again in the hope that it isn't too late.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What about the people who still have cameras?

You can't split the userbase like that.

Of course you can't, but he doesn't care about petty things like getting facts right if it means he can continue his chosen narrative. Things like this are the reason why any outlet that hires Gies deserves no attention at all. If you can employ him, you are worthless as a journalistic entity.

Lunzio

Honestly, duders, why bother vilifying a guy who you claim not to be worth your time?!

Tis a Giantbomb thread, let's talk about that!

Megasoum

Banned
So to the guy who was confused as to why people hated gies. Here's a good example from the xbone thread.

d6RoYsF.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not a fan of Gies but he's not wrong on that one.

Right now the devs have to reserve CPU/GPU power for Kinect in every games no matter what.

Maybe now MS will let them use that extra power if the game doesn't use Kinect.

Kerned

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm really not a fan of Gies but he's not wrong on that one.

Right now the devs have to reserve CPU/GPU power for Kinect in every games no matter what.

Maybe now MS will let them use that extra power if the game doesn't use Kinect.

But if someone has Kinect plugged in and running it presumably still needs those resources, so I actually don't understand how he's right about this.

Oh wait, is he serious about that? I literally have never heard of this guy.

Lucky you.

RE_Player

So according to the recent Kinect discussion stream Patrick has a segment on this upcoming bombcast saying Kinect will stay in the box for the foreseeable future... I expect a very cheeky bombcast description if they decide to keep that in there.

Myggen

So according to the recent Kinect discussion stream Patrick has a segment on this upcoming bombcast saying Kinect will stay in the box for the foreseeable future... I expect a very cheeky bombcast description if they decide to keep that in there.

Hah! Danny said on Twitter that this news was gonna make a segment of this week's Bombcast seem pretty funny, so that's probably it. To be fair, I don't think many people expected MS to drop that bomb on us so soon.

Xater

Hah! Danny said on Twitter that this news was gonna make a segment of this week's Bombcast seem pretty funny, so that's probably it. To be fair, I don't think many people expected MS to drop that bomb on us so soon.

Yeah but from the live stream it sounded like they were not even expecting it to happen at E3. Which to be honest is foolish because the writing was on the wall. Only surprise for me was that it happened before E3.

It's probably* confirmation bias, but I feel like a lot of game companies wait until Tuesday to put out big news stories, so the Bombcast always feels like it's in this limbo of "have they recorded it yet!?"

*definitely

Chuck

Still without luck
Dammit. I went into the Bombin supplement and rolled it back to the beginning so I could see it all, but when the show ended it just shut off. :c

Zaph

It's probably* confirmation bias, but I feel like a lot of game companies wait until Tuesday to put out big news stories, so the Bombcast always feels like it's in this limbo of "have they recorded it yet!?"

*definitely
Seriously though, this does seem to happen a lot. They should have moved the bombcast to the end of the week a long time ago. Being recorded right after the weekend makes everything feel like old news.

Dammit. I went into the Bombin supplement and rolled it back to the beginning so I could see it all, but when the show ended it just shut off. :c
Exact same thing just happened to me. Should have clicked the Youtube player for the URL before chat shut down.

RE_Player

*definitely
Well I don't know about video game companies but where I work most major announcements or things get done on Tuesday or Wednesday. Everyone is coming back from the weekend on Monday so it takes time to put the final preparations and double check things like this.

What is to say that hasn't been said anyway?

MS wanted everyone to have a kinect so that devs would support it.

PS4 is beating them in sales.

They 180 again in the hope that it isn't too late.

Pretty much. This isn't nearly as much of a shocker as them dropping DRM was.

Of course this was going to happen. The only shocking part of this story to me is that it happened now and not during E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom