• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

I still find it hard to watch / listen to old stuff. It's great because it's entertaining as ever, but it's sort of a sinking feeling knowing it will never be like that again. Not that it won't be good, just it won't be like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA7GK-48sR8

Video Things for life.

Yep. For a guy I never met I'm surprised how much it bums me out when I see Ryan in an old QL or video :(. Duder is sorely missed.

JayEH

I'm watching last week's UPF and Vinny just got on camera. He looks like he's really holding back the tears.

She's not bad. Just not what Giant Bomb West needs at all.

Isn't she a dev? Why are people thinking she's joining GB?

FluxWaveZ

A female would be a nice addition to the staff I think. I dunno who this Zoe person is but I can't imagine shes THAT bad

Depression Quest developer, apparently a cyborg. Seemed to lack a certain sense of presence during PAX East 2014 panel.

Good editor should be a preferred quality before female editor.

JayEH

Valtýr;113575708 said:
She announced she applied for the position on Twitter.

Oh. Did it seem like she was serious or just joking around? (I know it's hard to judge that from a tweet.)

JayEH

Valtýr;113576038 said:
Seemed serious.

Ok. I don't know much about her but I saw her on the morning show for a bit. I thought that episode was boring since it was a two way conversation with Patrick and her, Alex left there to fend for himself lol.

But from what I remember...I don't know if she would fit in with everyone else but like I said I've had limited exposure.

Khezu

Two weeks ago I would have been cool with Zoe, but now? I don't know.

With Vinny in NY, they need someone with high energy that can act as a foil to Brad and kinda Jeff.

I don't think Zoe is that.

ST2K

I think they need someone with writing experience in the industry. And preferably someone who is either articulate or funny, for the Bombcast's sake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been relistening to old bombcasts lately and in a late 2010 one Brad just mentioned a trip to South Korea for a Starcraft 2 tournament and how there was tons of video...

How the fuck have I never seen these videos? o_O

BeerSnob

Two weeks ago I would have been cool with Zoe, but now? I don't know.

With Vinny in NY, they need someone with high energy that can act as a foil to Brad and kinda Jeff.

I don't think Zoe is that.

She would be a great "straight man" foil to a Ryan or Vinny. She seems such an earnest, genuine and open person that I can't imagine her as silly. God knows GB needs some silly right now. If they can find someone like you said, high energy and quick witted I think she would be a wonderful, less grumpy, voice of reason.

Maybe she applied because she was moving to SF anyway? Relax, Jeff knows what he is doing.

Greg's got this. I'm not worried.

Zoe Quinn is rad, so I'd totally be down with that.

Agreed on both counts.

It would be neat to have a dev actually cross into the media. It's always the other way around. People have talked about embedding a journalist at a studio, but imagine flipping that script. I would totally be down with that.

I think Zoe Quinn is great, but I'm not sure how well she would fit in with GB's video stuff. Also they really need someone high-energy now that Vinny is gone and I'm not sure if she's that. She'd be a great hire down the road.

Brashnir

I think Zoe Quinn is great, but I'm not sure how well she would fit in with GB's video stuff. Also they really need someone high-energy now that Vinny is gone and I'm not sure if she's that. She'd be a great hire down the road.

Yeah, I rather like her, but I think she'd be a poor addition at this particular point in time.

Aaron

Good point, I should clarify. When I said dev I really meant a programmer, designer, or artist. I don't want to denigrate the work those guys did at their respective studios.
Problem is any dev whose work I like I'd rather they kept making games than devote their time to talking about them. When they're guests on podcasts and shows it's great, but would be a waste if it became their permanent gig.

Brashnir

It might just be the video, but the framerate in thw Watch Dogs QL looks terrible, especially for a cross-gen game.

edit - apparently it was something on my end. I refreshed the page and it looks playable now. Still not great though.

skynidas

Banned
9UMjS3K.png

dang, i predicted that shit

☺☺☺☺☺☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom