• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

So I just started getting into Giant Bomb. What are their best and funniest Quick Looks? I saw the Barbie's Dream house one and it was amazing.

Really? I thought that QL was infuriating. Playing a bad game for the sake of it - not a fan.

FluxWaveZ

So I just started getting into Giant Bomb. What are their best and funniest Quick Looks? I saw the Barbie's Dream house one and it was amazing.

- Ravaged (Specifically for two of the most hilarious QL moments)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
- Motorbike
- Ride to Hell: Retribution
- Game and Wario (Particularly for the Miiverse sketches segment)
- Cry of Fear (Might be the best video I've seen from the Vinny and Patrick duo)
- ArmA III (Takes a bit to get going, but becomes great)
- ArmA III: Alpha
- Anything Sleeping Dogs except for the very first Quick Look with Ryan and Jeff.
- Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (A lot of this one's greatness was discovering what the game actually was; actually might be my favorite Vinny/Patrick video)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2

Those are some of the ones I consider the greatest.

I am interested to see how Jeff handles the e3 stuff. Ryan had a way of picking the perfect guest that never really clashed with each other and for the most part kept everyone in line. Jeff is the kind of person who lets the madness go for a bit.

they should really just have Patrick hosting the E3 stuff, the segments last year where he spoke up more were by far the best. Jeff's funnier when he's not hosting, too.

megalowho

I second this recommendation.

iNgsMSlTcGCT4.jpg

Noisivne

Banned
Yup, he's moving to NY, founding Giant Bomb East, and then leaving to prep/cover E3 with Giant Bomb West.

Everything won't be so bad after all I guess :)

Still sucks to think he won't be on UPF or even the Extra Life stream with the other guys anymore. Danny, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Drew, Alexis/Rorie would be my dream stream combo. Hopefully Ian will be able to take over production during UPF so Drew can be in the stream.

Golden Era is over, GB will never be the same again :'(

Everything won't be so bad after all I guess :)

Still sucks to think he won't be on UPF or even the Extra Life stream with the other guys anymore. Danny, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Drew, Alexis/Rorie would be my dream stream combo. Hopefully Ian will be able to take over production during UPF so Drew can be in the stream.

Golden Era is over, GB will never be the same again :'(

...I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Ian left a couple months ago. IIRC he joined Dave at his new company.

There was a sendoff segment in Ian's last UPF where he played a roguelike that he loves, but I don't know which video it was specifically.

hamchan

I love the Uncharted 2 MP Quick Look.

Vinny tempting Ryan into team killing and then Jeff shouting "this why we can't have nice things". Still one of the funniest things I've seen.

Remembering those good times they were in that tiny basement in Sausalito, it gives me a very bittersweet feeling.

I love the Uncharted 2 MP Quick Look.

Vinny tempting Ryan into team killing and then Jeff shouting "this why we can't have nice things". Still one of the funniest things I've seen.

Remembering those good times they were in that tiny basement in Sausalito, it gives me a very bittersweet feeling.

I still find it hard to watch / listen to old stuff. It's great because it's entertaining as ever, but it's sort of a sinking feeling knowing it will never be like that again. Not that it won't be good, just it won't be like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA7GK-48sR8

Video Things for life.

BearPawB

Banned
So who wants to start this rumor

@TheQuinnspiracy: @dannyodwyer we should still maybe get lunch or something while I'm in town? but I'm moving here after e3 fwiw

Zoe moving to SF soon?

Tan

So who wants to start this rumor

@TheQuinnspiracy: @dannyodwyer we should still maybe get lunch or something while I'm in town? but I'm moving here after e3 fwiw

Zoe moving to SF soon?

Gonna say no for no other reason than a hunch.

But it would be cool, Giantbomb is in desperate need of a cyborg perspective.

LiK

Haha I think you are reading that in reverse. She asked him to do karaoke, he said he had other plans, then she sent that tweet.

Oh man this is getting too stalkery isn't it. Damn twitter

oops

haha, well, they're talking about it publicly so it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom