• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

I hope they play Mariokart 8. IGN is doing a livestream right now, so I assume the embargo is up.

That doesn't seem like a very Vinny game to send him out on.

You know what does, though? Kerbal Space Program.

Actually, fuck that. Kerbal Endurance Run for GBNY. Play every day until they put a Kerbal on the moon

That doesn't seem like a very Vinny game to send him out on.

You know what does, though? Kerbal Space Program.

Actually, fuck that. Kerbal Endurance Run for GBNY. Play every day until they put a Kerbal on the moon

I think GB chat just crashed at the mere thought of the spam that would happen once they got there.

What if Ice-T is getting bored of making television shows?
Giant Bomb reveals their new starting five:

AS14x7w.jpg

erawsd

Pointing out Jeff's lack of enthusiasm about Watch Dogs brings up an interesting point, actually.

They've gone away from Gamespot's "we must review every game that comes out" strategy of old - so if that's the case, they maybe should've just ignored Watch Dogs altogether? There's definitely an element of going through the motions in their coverage of the game. It's the thing to do as a gaming outlet in May 2014, you cover Watch Dogs. It has a huge marketing campaign, it is Ubisoft's big game for the summer. You talk about that big game that Ubisoft is pushing out now with this big marketing campaign, because.... well, why, exactly?

Is it because you think that's what your audience wants to see? everyone's talking about Watch Dogs this week... there are features going up on every big site. IGN's covering it, Gamespot has made videos about it, Polygon wrote theirs... just, why? Because it's an amazing game? Or because Ubisoft is talking about it and pushing it, and so must everyone else?

It raises some interesting questions for sure. I'm looking forward to the day that an outlet just flat-out ignores a mediocre game (or only mention it in passing as not worth our time) even though it's been shoved down our throat by its mega- publisher as "the big thing".

In the end, I guess it's not riveting content to see Jeff driving around unenthusiastically in a mediocre open world game for 90 minutes, showing off a game he doesn't really like. Not bad enough to make fun of, not good enough to get excited about. A worthless QL.

Jeff probably had some interest in Watch Dogs, he seems to enjoy a lot of "urban" open world games. In this case, he played the game and he didn't like it.

I suspect they cover popular games because that is what the fans want and, on some level, its hard not to be a little interested in a game surrounded by mega hype -- especially at a quiet time of the year like this.

Patryn

maybe longer cuz it's his last one as a regular

No, I'd expect shorter to average (so like 2-2.5 hours). As I said before, I'm assuming that they started recording in the morning. Doesn't really give them a lot of window to record given the setup for the stream.

scoobs

Shane bettenhausen, Garnett, and Jeff Green would be the ultimate pickups. Best personalities in the industry and everyone already knows and loves (or hates) them.

Too bad its a long shot. Would be cool to have all the 1UP/GFW personalities join forces w/ the Giantbomb guys.

Tucah

you speak so well
:( last regular Vinny stream from SF, hope it's a good one!

GB is at its best when they play co-op games IMO so it should be.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The current "We're running late as usual" music is surprisingly poignant and appropriate for a farewell stream.

*wide shot*

we see our character Vincenzio on the train station boarding area with his beloved

V: my love, my journey will be long and fraught with peril, but I promise I will return

pulls close the love interest for a kiss as the music crescendo's into an explosion of sound and emotion

Vincenzio enters the train and it departs.

que credits.

*Disco track plays over credits*

Zaph

Fully cancelled dinner plans to watch the stream (don't judge me), but these pizza gifs are reminding me I didn't pick up anything on the way home.

brb calling papa johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom