• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I'm not sure I really understand The Yawhg. Are all the events more or less random? Or is there, like, some kind of strategy to it?

Well each area gives you a set amount of stats each time, but the secondary events that splinter off are randomly generated, with some being stat checks with potential benefits or penalties depending on your choice. Ostensibly you could figure out what the best stats are for each role at the end: Leader being focused on Mind and Charm, Builder being focused on Physique, Smelter wanting some Wealth, etc. This is all just based off my time watching the playthroughs though, so I don't know if anything is definitive. But I think if Vinny had picked Smelter and Jeff picked something else, Tailor maybe, then they would have easily 'beat' it. That being said this was the first time I've seen any good outcomes so who knows.

daydream

Banned
I'm not sure I really understand The Yawhg. Are all the events more or less random? Or is there, like, some kind of strategy to it?

Every location has a number of events that can happen. You basically build up your stats by making sensible decisions, and at the end, you choose what role you're going to play in the rebuilding effort based on your strengths. The ending (= how you dealt with the ruins left by the Yawhg) depends on how valuable every character ends up being in his/her profession.

Like Wunder, I suspect they were close to the (a?) good ending.

mavs

sweep.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom