• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, aurahack done gone and won E3...

2639145-microsoft.gif

2639146-ea.gif

2639147-ubi.gif

2639144-sony.gif

2639149-nintendo.gif

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2014/3015-7932/forums/the-6th-annual-e3-banner-contest-1485095/

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ehhh, they are good but not great. A bit too busy for my taste. I like those a whole lot more
2639152-ubi-bomb.png

They probably won't win but I've always been a huge fan of "clean" stuff when it comes to artworks, posters etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ehhh, they are good but not great. A bit too busy for my taste. I like those a whole lot more

They probably won't win but I've always been a huge fan of "clean" stuff when it comes to artworks, posters etc.

You're talking about a site that regularly uses janky ass tricaster transitions.

I think the messier ones fits them quite well. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2639152-ubi-bomb.png

I think the majority of websites use 'clean' styles now like Polygon does. I'd much rather have something busy for once.

elfinke

Well, aurahack done gone and won E3...

[.IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/8124/2639145-microsoft.gif[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/8124/2639146-ea.gif[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/8124/2639147-ubi.gif[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/8124/2639144-sony.gif[/IMG]
[.IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/8124/2639149-nintendo.gif[/IMG]

Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2014/3015-7932/forums/the-6th-annual-e3-banner-contest-1485095/

Aurahack: iPads hate him. Click here to find out why.

Amazing work, though.

Cici's is terrible, but, I will easily admit to taking my kids there because it lets them both get what they want and they don't mind it.

The breadsticks are fine and the deep dish is Pizza Hut-ish. But, stay the fuck away from that dessert pizza....thing.

Lijik

I remember liking Cici's as a kid, but it was buffet pizza with an arcade and a big screen that played cartoon network so at that age it was pretty hard to hate. I remember going a lot around the time CN had reruns of Freakazoid because thats what would be airing half the time I was there

Havent been since. Don't even know if the one I went to is still open

Megasoum

Banned
Probably the title he was interested in. He said one caught his eye. I can only assume this. Especially with Jeff's sadistic love of terrible gaming themed rap music.

Yup

Jeff GerstmannVerified account
‏@jeffgerstmann
Mortal Kombat X is the game I was all excited about, by the way.

Not surprising that this would be the only game that Jeff finds exciting...

komplanen

Can someone else at Giant Bomb besides Jeff go to the pre-E3 events yet?

Are you genuinely asking or are you just upset that Jeff doesn't share your taste in video games? People here bitching are just looking for someone from GB to validate their opinions. The coverage is still the same for any of the judges week events regardless of who liked what.

Are you genuinely asking or are you just upset that Jeff doesn't share your taste in video games? People here bitching are just looking for someone from GB to validate their opinions. The coverage is still the same for any of the judges week events regardless of who liked what.

I like Mortal Kombat. I even have Injustice. Both for the ps3 and PC. However to use one of Jeff's quotes he uses all to time to dismiss things, "this is just another one of those." Hardly seems to be a title to get excited about unless E3 this year is really that bad. Its like getting excited that a new Madden is coming.

Xater

I like Mortal Kombat. I even have Injustice. Both for the ps3 and PC. However to use one of Jeff's quotes he uses all to time to dismiss things, "this is just another one of those." Hardly seems to be a title to get excited about unless E3 this year is really that bad. Its like getting excited that a new Madden is coming.

The last MK was in 2011 so it's not the same to me like Madden. Also judges week is just the playable stuff. Bet there will be titles that did not make it there.

Wait, there's a new Madden coming? Can't wait to play that!

Mario Kart 8 is the best game released this year and it's "just another one of those". Some games/series are just that good and/or close to people's hearts.

komplanen

I guess my point is that what does it matter what GB gets excited about? The coverage is still the same for now which is basically the podcast. It's not like Jeff is going to dismiss games and then not talk about them which would hurt us. It's also not like he's now going to spend days writing about MKX while shunning other games.

SummitAve

Banned

It's not like getting excited that a new Madden is coming at all.

Patryn

Mortal Kombat seems to be one of Jeff's favorite series. So, to him, it's not like another Madden is coming out. I think in any year Jeff would be jazzed about a new MK game, especially on the heels of MK9 which he really loved.

It's like your favorite series is about to release a new entry. Of course you'd be excited.

Sulik2

We are so close to new Giantbomb E3 livestreams. Some of my favorite entertainment of the year. Hopefully their stuff doesn't get stolen this year.

komplanen

Because unlike other outfits, GB is about the personalities. I'm not saying Jeff's opinion is invalid, I just wish someone else like Vinney, Brad, or Patrick had the chance.

This is a good point. It kinda sucks they can't all go or for an example Jeff, Brad and Patrick. I don't personally hold much interest in what Alex has to say about anything so Vinny would be a good fourth guy.

And as said above Brad is most likely to fall asleep so him being there would maybe amount to nothing.

Tamanon

Banned
Except for Harmonix, I doubt many tears were shed when microsoft dropped the kinect from the X1.

I hope the new location they pick has slightly better security.

Eh, that comment was about FH2 being cross-gen. It is a pretty weird step back considering their other first party stuff was XBOne only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom