• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

I have high hopes for the set this year, but I doubt it'll be shady or in a shady area. It's pretty logical to think CBSi had a larger say in where the E3 shoot will be this year after the burglary last year.

It'll likely be in a hotel. I'm imaging a 1UP Yours style E3 live stream. Pool side with 40s and Dennis Dyak.

Ominym

Banned
Not to freak anyone out. But I hope Vinny isn't still driving through Nebraska right now. We're getting really bad storms currently and there's advisories to take shelter.

Myggen

I have high hopes for the set this year, but I doubt it'll be shady or in a shady area. It's pretty logical to think CBSi had a larger say in where the E3 shoot will be this year after the burglary last year.

It'll likely be in a hotel. I'm imaging a 1UP Yours style E3 live stream. Pool side with 40s and Dennis Dyak.

They seem pretty happy with it at least, from what little we've heard them say about it.

And yeah, the live GB Bombcasts are some of my favourite GB content every year.

By the way, since I'm in Norway and won't be able to take a vacation around E3 as I had planned, do any of you know how likely it is that the live streams will be archived somewhere? In previous years they've only uploaded audio files as Bombcasts, but at least it has been archived on Twitch. As far as I know the in-house player doesn't do archiving in that way, but do they usually still run a Twitch stream of their non-premium stuff in addition to streaming it on the site with the in-house player?

Dany

Banned
Not to freak anyone out. But I hope Vinny isn't still driving through Nebraska right now. We're getting really bad storms currently and there's advisories to take shelter.

He posted that 8 hours ago. If he's still in Nebraska for this long he deserves whats coming.

lbr

Jintor

Fun Mod Fact™: When Patrick was a mod here, he banned a whopping lifetime total of four people.

One of these people was a junior that Patrick considered giving "at least a week" to for saying that Patrick's own brother looked like an "emo f**."

let's make him a mod again

You know, I still think it's crazy how the crew always complains that there's no good food in the city. Like, for real? San Fran-fucking-cisco and you can't find good places to eat?

Jeff doesn't count because he's a culinary toddler and that's fine but the other guys, come on.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You know, I still think it's crazy how the crew always complains that there's no good food in the city. Like, for real? San Fran-fucking-cisco and you can't find good places to eat?

Jeff doesn't count because he's a culinary toddler and that's fine but the other guys, come on.
Something tells me they don't know how to make good pizza in SF, prove me wrong though.

Lingitiz

Something tells me they don't know how to make good pizza in SF, prove me wrong though.

I've had some pretty good Pizza in SF a few times. There's so many places to go that I'm sure some of them have to be good.

Then again I think Little Caesar's is alright so I'm probably a poor judge.

Zaph

There's no such thing as bad pizza.

Fucking spoiltGAF.

Edit: unless we're taking about that bucket slop shit Chicago folk call pizza.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I'm pretty sure it's only jeff who says that.

In fact I remember the guys specifically calling out jeff on that.

Cici's pizza would like to refute your claim. They have perfected pizza shaped awfulness.

God, you could feel Brad's trauma when he warned everyone off of Cici's.

I didn't realize it was a mostly-southern chain, but you should never go to Cici's. If your choice is between starving and going to Cici's, think very carefully and weigh your options before making your decision. It is like eating an unholy combination of cardboard, ketchup, and cheese whiz with month-old meat drizzled on top. If you can tell the difference between the ground beef Cici's puts on pizza and rat droppings, then you're already too smart to be eating there.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Everybody needs a Cici's experience at least once in their life. One of my high school friends put down 30+ slices there one day, ha.

No one here knows how to make good thin crust pizza but we have some really great deep dish places.

EDIT: Cicis and chains in general are horrible. Papa Johns and Round Table are the only decent ones.

Kerned

Banned
I've never been to or even heard of Cici's. Even the times I've been down south I've just never encountered one. Lucky me, I guess.

He's probably tired as hell at night during e3 lol

Now that I think about it yeah. Dude is probably the hardest working guy in the media at E3.

At least for Gamespot and IGN live shows they have different hosts that tag in and out but GT is 100% Geoff for the entire event.

ignata

I've never been to or even heard of Cici's. Even the times I've been down south I've just never encountered one. Lucky me, I guess.

Cici's is fantastic. It's a really cheap pizza buffet. No it's not great pizza but again, cheap pizza buffet. It's the kind of thing Jeff would love.

i never understand the criticism of Drew. he's the only regular member of the podcast who's actually logged any time into game development, and he routinely asks straight-forward and relevant questions, especially when he recognizes that a game other people might not have played/heard of/care about is being discussed. he fits perfectly into the lineup as an everyman.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i never understand the criticism of Drew. he's the only regular member of the podcast who's actually logged any time into game development, and he routinely asks straight-forward and relevant questions, especially when he recognizes that a game other people might not have played/heard of/care about is being discussed. he fits perfectly into the lineup as an everyman.

He barely interacts with the crew outside of his own segments. Which is funny because that's the criticism brad used to receive, but he has been a lot more involved ever since the change up.

I also don't think he's really that charismatic.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Only at Ci-cis!

cicis-buffalo-chicken-pizza.jpg

Quality

their dumb dessert pizzas/appetizers are pretty good/shitty though

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Would be crazy if they got Jack Tretton as a E3 guest although that could be awkward

It really doesn't seem impossible, since Tretton will at least be there since he's going to be doing the live show with Geoff Keighley, and Geoff is definitely going to be on.

M3z_

I really like Drew, but he is the only person I will literally forget is part of the podcast while the podcast is going because the time between him saying two things could be like an hour long sometimes.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nizario's pizza over on Valencia is bomb as fuck. Brad wouldn't know taste in food if it bit him in the butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom