• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
While I think Breaking Brad is the best feature on Giantbomb, I think they're steamrolling through games too fast. 4-5 hours of Demon's Souls per week? Milk that shit with one 2-hour session every wednesday and that's it. Stick to that schedule so I can reliably know what content is on Giantbomb. Patrick can do his game on Monday, Bombcast Tuesday, Daily (Weekly) Dota on Thursday, UPF on Friday, with Quick Looks interspersed. While I like spontaneity, when you're a content driven site, you have to restrain yourself and get on a schedule.

While I agree that a more structured schedule might be helpful, Brad probably just wants to finish up Demon's Souls quickly so he's not juggling it with DS2.

jgminto

Latest ep of Binding was just kinda annoying, it's not very fun to watch Patrick use the slot machines for ten minutes.

daydream

Banned
Latest ep of Binding was just kinda annoying, it's not very fun to watch Patrick use the slot machines for ten minutes.

How's the feature chugging along, anyway? Any chance he'll finish it soon? After thoroughly enjoying his Spelunkin', I couldn't really get into Bindin'. Game is fun to play, but not that interesting to watch imo.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Brad is so indecisive. When he was born he must have rolled a 0 for initiative.

I loving Brad's runthrough of Demon's Souls. People say its a glorified Endurance Run but Brad has legitimately been broken several times, so I still feel the title is relevant

His Crystal Lizard mania episodes has inspired me to dub that the new real "Pulling a Brad".

While I agree that a more structured schedule might be helpful, Brad probably just wants to finish up Demon's Souls quickly so he's not juggling it with DS2.

I'd put money on that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
For a man who talks about finishing DS today, Brad sure spends a lot of time not trying to make any progress. Not that he's wasting time or so, but I doubt he'll be able to finish the game today.

jgminto

How's the feature chugging along, anyway? Any chance he'll finish it soon? After thoroughly enjoying his Spelunkin', I couldn't really get into Bindin'. Game is fun to play, but not that interesting to watch imo.

Well he's beaten the heart twice, so I'd expect 2 or 3 more playthroughs then onto Wrath of the Lamb

Kelas

For a man who talks about finishing DS today, Brad sure spends a lot of time not trying to make any progress. Not that he's wasting time or so, but I doubt he'll be able to finish the game today.

I'm just a bit confused at the preparation he's doing. He's been strong enough to tackle the entirety of the game since fairly early on. Any troublesome situation he's been in has had nothing to do with the strength of his weapon or armour.

Kelas

Wouldn't it be just great if he accidentally took a swing at an NPC in here.

Brashnir

Brad's decision-making disorder coming fully to the fore tonight. We're 45 minutes in and not a single thing has happened.

How is Breaking Brad comparing to Load Our Last Souls? I really enjoyed LOLS but I wasn't digging Demon's Souls after the first two or three episodes so I stopped watching.

Kelas

How is Breaking Brad comparing to Load Our Last Souls? I really enjoyed LOLS but I wasn't digging Demon's Souls after the first two or three episodes so I stopped watching.

Breaking Brad is great when Brad is actually making progress, but >50% of the time is spent humming and hawing in menus and considering his options. For that reason, and perhaps being a bit harsh, in comparison to LOLS it can be quite boring.

It's been okay, but the thing I really liked about LOLS was Ian's more extensive knowledge of the game/series, and Vinny being Vinny when he played.

Brad has been fine, but it's just missing that little extra something I felt the LOLS had.

yatesl

I wish Jeff and Vinny did adverts for everything. People who listen to the ad-free podcasts are genuinely missing out.

Kelas

Doran is no joke. Three quarters of an hour of menu prep and he still murdered Brad in short order.

G-Pink

It's too bad Brad isn't too comfortable with parrying, it would come in handy in this fight. Unless Doran is super hard to parry, not sure.

Kelas

Popping stones of ephemeral eyes like candy.

AngryMoth

Haven't got this far in demon's souls, is Brad under levelled for this fight or something? Seems very unforgiving even for these games with how much damage Doran is doing.

shwimpy

19c35oidyf35igif.gif

Haven't got this far in demon's souls, is Brad under levelled for this fight or something? Seems very unforgiving even for these games with how much damage Doran is doing.

Doran entirely optional and pretty much the hardest single enemy in the game. Counting bosses. He doesn't have a hard pattern to learn, he's just incredibly punishing.

Valtýr

Well the way I see it, he's putting points into the wrong stats. I mean it's his playthrough and that's fine but for his current build, it benefits from high damage and agility. Right now he simply doesn't do enough damage. The crescent falchion is great as long as you're buffing the shit out of it with Magic and for whatever reason he stopped putting points into that.

So right now he's fighting an enemy that can basically one-shot without his shield and instantly break his guard with the shield. To counteract that he essentially has to undo every single stat choice he's made up to this point and change his build completely and that will take hours of grinding.

He can beat Doran eventually, he just needs to be better at dodging get a better understanding over the attack patterns. It'll just be really tedious.

Kelas

Brad is going to cry if he gets Doran down real low only to have him heal up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom