• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the Bradliest stream in all of Giant Bomb history. At 2 hours in and no progress has been made, at all. Chat is on fire.

Igo

Fucking Brad, man. 10+ attempts and he still hasn't realized he should just two hand as his shield is useless.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
World tendency couldn't be more black.

Wow this just gets better and better for Brad, lol

Lunzio

Instead he's going to make absolutely no progress.

Hence why it's not a feature I'm particularly interested in.

I appreciate the fact that it's being put out as content, however, to a degree, there should be a small push to entertain and progress

I appreciate the fact that it's being put out as content, however, to a degree, there should be a small push to entertain and progress

But he did progres in past featuress. The main problem here is that he is fighting a optional ultimate boss just because armor and has a build all over the place.

newjeruse

Oh please. You're so dramatic. He's made great progress up until this episode.

Kelas

This stream is amazing. Even when trying to cheese the fight he's getting wiped.

Igo

the weapon does less damage 2-handed.
I'm not sure if that's correct as i'm pretty sure the magic modifier isn't negatively affected by 2 handing. I'll check in a moment.

Doesn't change the fact his shield is useless and he should just be focusing on spacing and dodging.

elfinke

That is the greatest backstab I have ever seen or been party to. Oh man.

A gif of it should run in advertisements to non-members to encourage them to sign up.

Brashnir

Valtýr;103312550 said:
Is this accurate? I used the same build (albeit with more points into Magic) and I don't believe this is accurate.

he tested it a few streams ago. it did less damage 2-handed.

Kelas

Doran healing right now would be hilarious. Does the player have to heal to trigger Doran healing?

Jintor

Sounds like Scoops and the Wolf talked a bit more about the Dangan Ronpas. Has it got a decent amount of #truthbullets?

2572336-1121187965-25033.png

Igo

he tested it a few streams ago. it did less damage 2-handed.
Yeah, that's complete bullshit.

What happened is he probably killed with a counter which boosted the one handed attack and mistakenly believed that it did more damage than two-handing it. Had he countered with a two-handed attack it would have been even higher than that.

Also, Brad, if you're reading this, the PS4 controller works in Demon's Souls while wired.

Jintor

it makes me wonder how he's gonna react to the persona games when he gets around to playing one of those, they have way more of that stuff.

as long as he keeps the critical lens around for the western stuff as well. Which he does mostly so idk. Most western games aren't quite so... uh, brazen in that sense with the fanservice? Or they are in a different way, like, they just like to leave it at the character design stage and don't really have specific scenes that highlight it.

Hmmm. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll have to think about it a bit more.

Brashnir

Yeah, that's complete bullshit.

What happened is he probably killed with a counter which boosted the one handed attack and mistakenly believed that it did more damage than two-handing it. Had he countered with a two-handed attack it would have been even higher than that.

No. That's not what happened.

An-Det

That was fantastic. Summon a friend, get invaded, invader kills friend, summon another friend to finish the Potato dick off.

bonercop

Not quite, no. Unless you're talking about Persona 4 Golden.

2008 P4 has like 4 scenes where the game finds some excuse to get its female cast half-naked. I'm not going to say it totally gets into harem-anime terrority with it's fanservice like P4G seems to, but that stuff is still there and it's only there for fanservice.
And no, I'm not counting shadow Rise.

as long as he keeps the critical lens around for the western stuff as well. Which he does mostly so idk. Most western games aren't quite so... uh, brazen in that sense with the fanservice? Or they are in a different way, like, they just like to leave it at the character design stage and don't really have specific scenes that highlight it.

Hmmm. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll have to think about it a bit more.

In the same vein, I have a really hard time thinking of anime game that doesn't have at least some fanservicey stuff in it which is....kinda sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom