• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I know what all the fuss is about with Giant Bombcast. The thong sandal wars in the emails are the best part.

And I get some of their disgust at the MGS stuff. if anyone is still wondering why rape isn't going to be well-received in games (at least from a gameplay perspective): 1) people don't rape others because it's fun in itself, they do it either because they don't realize they're committing rape, or because they have serious emotional/psychological/developmental problems, and 2) the act itself can never be justified. Yes, shooting up public places in GTA is awful, but shooting itself can be and is used in situations where it's reasonably justifiable. In almost every game, enemies will attack you once they see you, so your choices are to either get killed or fight back. Shooting civilians being horrible doesn't change that controllable rape has virtually no place in a game that's meant to be fun. The only way it could be used in a game is if the game isn't meant to be fun, like some experimental fare in the vein of homelessness or drug addiction simulators. Other pressing real-life issues have been handled poorly in games from a gameplay perspective, ones that would be much easier to tackle than rape.

MGSV is dealing with child soldiers and, apparently, rape as a weapon in war, stuff that happens in real life. The fact that the game's story involves rape is not bad in itself. People are worried that it will be handled poorly and since in general, games' hardly ever put enough care into their stories to handle issues of this sort, there's a good chance it will be used inappropriately here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. I'm really interested in what solution QD will go for in their rumoured sci-fi game on PS4. The setting allows for much more creativity to avoid death and in fact their first game Omikron had an "reincarnation" system that was pretty ahead of its time (if you die you reincarnate as the person that killed you and all your stats + inventory changes). Having 2 professional writers on board this time will also help to get all the branching paths more consistent in quality I hope.
If David Cage gets some collaborators, it can only be a good thing. lol

Curufinwe

Oh. I have no idea what wordpress is. Sorry

It's a specialized blog platform only used by games journalists about to leave their jobs.

On a serious note, this a is a great picture.

9ef3fa06b39211e3a57712341c54b808_8.jpg

Dany

Banned
I almost when to stalker mode when I saw the map on the bottom of the bottom only to realize its CAH headquarters

oh well.

Yeah, GiantBomb is pretty good, better then the average gaming site but they're not perfect.

Greg: Too Jaded, Hates Everything, Has no enthusiasm for games anymore, Unless they involve weird abstract elements like kittens punching smurfs or something.

Brad: He's certainly enthusiastic about games and has a passion for them but for the past 8 months he's been consumed by DOTA, which isn't a bad thing but I'd like to see him diversify more. (Side Note): I'll ALWAYS have respect for Brad seeing how he went completely against the grain and was quite positive about RYSE. even though I didn't agree with him I respect how stood by what he felt

Vinny: Vinny is cool, but He's the least "Hardcore" of the bunch. it seems to me that he's the guy who thinks, "Well all my friends play games and well, I like hanging out w/ my friends so.....I ......guess I like games,,,,,,, Still a Cool guy though.

Patrick: Smart, Funny, Cool, more interested in the membrane surrounding games as it pertains to the culture of & evolution of games but like Greg lacks enthusiasm for the most basic of all video game activities, playing the games.

All that said, it's still a great website and the guys are all cool, but for my money, I turn to Polygon as my default. I find that anytime I'm on that website I start reading one story, then get pulled into another & another & another.

I guess this is what I'm trying to say.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CYJNw9YJQ

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, GiantBomb is pretty good, better then the average gaming site but they're not perfect.

Greg: Too Jaded, Hates Everything, Has no enthusiasm for games anymore, Unless they involve weird abstract elements like kittens punching smurfs or something.

Brad: He's certainly enthusiastic about games and has a passion for them but for the past 8 months he's been consumed by DOTA, which isn't a bad thing but I'd like to see him diversify more. (Side Note): I'll ALWAYS have respect for Brad seeing how he went completely against the grain and was quite positive about RYSE. even though I didn't agree with him I respect how stood by what he felt

Vinny: Vinny is cool, but He's the least "Hardcore" of the bunch. it seems to me that he's the guy who thinks, "Well all my friends play games and well, I like hanging out w/ my friends so.....I ......guess I like games,,,,,,, Still a Cool guy though.

Patrick: Smart, Funny, Cool, more interested in the membrane surrounding games as it pertains to the culture of & evolution of games but like Greg lacks enthusiasm for the most basic of all video game activities, playing the games.

All that said, it's still a great website and the guys are all cool, but for my money, I turn to Polygon as my default. I find that anytime I'm on that website I start reading one story, then get pulled into another & another & another.

I guess this is what I'm trying to say.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CYJNw9YJQ

0267_94cj7.gif

Of course GutsMan would be the one with the courage to take Greg down a peg. That guy has been getting away with far too much lately and I'm glad someone is speaking out.

Yeah jeff getting unfairly fired was an attempt to run away. Christ.

I understand it differently then? I remember he had quit because he wouldnt take a payoff for the reviews anymore, the Twilight Princess schebocle was the last straw, and all he had to do was say "I'm out" and Ryan, Brad, and Alex stood up and just marched out with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom