• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST2K

I understand it differently then? I remember he had quit because he wouldnt take a payoff for the reviews anymore, the Twilight Princess schebocle was the last straw, and all he had to do was say "I'm out" and Ryan, Brad, and Alex stood up and just marched out with him.

Not sure if serious, but just in case.

I understand it differently then? I remember he had quit because he wouldnt take a payoff for the reviews anymore, the Twilight Princess schebocle was the last straw, and all he had to do was say "I'm out" and Ryan, Brad, and Alex stood up and just marched out with him.
That's not what happened.

He got fired because he gave a 6 to a game that had advertising plastered all over the GameSpot site. The business guys at Cnet (who owned GS at the time) were new to this and freaked out that a business deal was being hurt and pushed Jeff out and others followed him.

Later, Cnet sold GameSpot to CBS. When Giant Bomb's parent company Whiskey Media got bought, its various branches got sold off. CBS bought Giant Bomb, so GS and GB were under the same roof.

Good to know that we will have an early front runner for most boring quick look of the year when they cover Elder Scrolls Online tomorrow.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
He got the special 360 to NES adapter.

There was an official PC CD-ROM release of the NES games.

cddeek2.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I mean, you almost sort of got one of the details right. Almost. You were close. Keep trying, eventually something you type will be accurate.

Jeff was fired after his review for Kane & Lynch, which was running a hostile ad takeover on Gamespot at the time. According to all parties who have talked on the subject, this was not the normal way that Gamespot had operated and was the result of new management overstepping their bounds with editorial.

Alex was working at Harmonix most recently when he joined Giant Bomb.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm thankful, at least now people are distracted from my stupid, misguided post.
Get him. Kick him while he's done. Making a mistake, what an idiot. Lol, it's almost like you don't know how the internet works, son!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm thankful, at least now people are distracted from my stupid, misguided post.
Get him. Kick him while he's done. Making a mistake, what an idiot. Lol, it's almost like you don't know how the internet works, son!

Don't you worry, you'll get yours. His original post was apparently made days ago. I actually did just find it funny that most of the details were almost there, just somehow his version of the story made every party look worse.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Don't you worry, you'll get yours. His original post was apparently made days ago. I actually did just find it funny that most of the details were almost there, just somehow his version of the story made every party look worse.

Come on, we have the Greg thing and this. That's way better than me not knowing what Myspace is. Or Wordpress. Or whatever it's called.

Fucking Greg that slacker. Yeah i am talking to you!

I am looking forward to the Elder Scrolls online quick look tomorrow. Also Good April fools joke Scoops! Spelunkin with scoops will never return :(

FStop7

Banned
Yeah, GiantBomb is pretty good, better then the average gaming site but they're not perfect.

Greg: Too Jaded, Hates Everything, Has no enthusiasm for games anymore, Unless they involve weird abstract elements like kittens punching smurfs or something.

Brad: He's certainly enthusiastic about games and has a passion for them but for the past 8 months he's been consumed by DOTA, which isn't a bad thing but I'd like to see him diversify more. (Side Note): I'll ALWAYS have respect for Brad seeing how he went completely against the grain and was quite positive about RYSE. even though I didn't agree with him I respect how stood by what he felt

Vinny: Vinny is cool, but He's the least "Hardcore" of the bunch. it seems to me that he's the guy who thinks, "Well all my friends play games and well, I like hanging out w/ my friends so.....I ......guess I like games,,,,,,, Still a Cool guy though.

Patrick: Smart, Funny, Cool, more interested in the membrane surrounding games as it pertains to the culture of & evolution of games but like Greg lacks enthusiasm for the most basic of all video game activities, playing the games.

All that said, it's still a great website and the guys are all cool, but for my money, I turn to Polygon as my default. I find that anytime I'm on that website I start reading one story, then get pulled into another & another & another.

I guess this is what I'm trying to say.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CYJNw9YJQ

who the fuck is greg

Vinny: Vinny is cool, but He's the least "Hardcore" of the bunch. it seems to me that he's the guy who thinks, "Well all my friends play games and well, I like hanging out w/ my friends so.....I ......guess I like games,,,,,,, Still a Cool guy though.

Is this real life? Before Vinny had his kid dude probably played more video games than everyone on the staff combined, and in like 10 - 15 hour play sessions too.

hamchan

Jeff: Loves all games so much except for that Mortal Kombat, he hates that.

Brad: Is a god at games and rarely dies in them.

Vinny: Hates collecting things or exploring in games, always follows the straight path.

Drew: Plays the most games out of all of them.

Rorie: Hates puppies.

Tan

Jeff: Loves all games so much except for that Mortal Kombat, he hates that.

Brad: Is a god at games and rarely dies in them.

Vinny: Hates collecting things or exploring in games, always follows the straight path.

Drew: Plays the most games out of all of them.

Rorie: Hates puppies.

What about Greg? What's he like?

The site says there's another Spelunkin' with Scoops coming up. I wonder if he found a new challenge to try out or if he just wants to stream something while he figures out what to play next. On that note, I think FTL is coming with a big free update soon, might be cool to check that out even if it isn't the perfect game to stream.

Mr. F

Banned
I don't know if this was common knowledge, but that secret premium URL we were using to watch the late UPF works for any of their live streams I guess. I'm watching Castlevania off it as I missed it live.

Tan

The site says there's another Spelunkin' with Scoops coming up. I wonder if he found a new challenge to try out or if he just wants to stream something while he figures out what to play next. On that note, I think FTL is coming with a big free update soon, might be cool to check that out even if it isn't the perfect game to stream.

nah, he's just working on some stuff for GiantSpelunky dot com

uayntzK.png

I don't know if this was common knowledge, but that secret premium URL we were using to watch the late UPF works for any of their live streams I guess. I'm watching Castlevania off it as I missed it live.

I totally forgot you could do that! Thanks!

I think I might need to start clicking on Patrick's content just so it goes away from the home page. Nothing against him, he does all sorts of great work and puts out a lot of content but most of it I just have no real interest in.

Also there was a Vinny stream today? Damn. Hopefully the archive goes up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom