• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thinking of subscribing, but all the recommendations in the OP seem like they're from old stuff.

If I were to subscribe for a couple months, what's relatively new and awesome?

Mr. F

Banned
thinking of subscribing, but all the recommendations in the OP seem like they're from old stuff.

Breaking Brad has been good, the recent Demon Souls playthrough was a fun series to watch. Aside from that I'd say access to UPF makes it more than worth it.

Edit; People enjoyed Spookin' with Scoops as well (I never got into it) and Giantbomb Unplugged; Pathfinder was a great feature, though unresolved.

Unprofessional Fridays is generally good-to-great. In any given episode there will usually be at least one segment that's hilarious. Load Our Last Souls was a great time, and Pathfinder was pretty cool too.

Oh, and there's the wrestling podcast and the F1 podcast, which are also very good.

rObit

Banned

I just re-upped, and for me it's basically Unprofessional Fridays. They got me back with the one-two punch of Danny and Goat Simulator in the same show.

Does the wrestling podcast do a "intro to wrestling" section like the F1 podcast did? Professional wrestling has always seemed really crazy, and i'd like to give it a watch sometime.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

The secret about subscribing to Giant Bomb is that Unprofessional Fridays is where the best Quick Looks went. All of the over the top stupidity happens there. I'll just say this: If Unprofessional Fridays were around a few years ago, Story Hour Adventures would have been on UPF.

Mr. F

Banned
The secret about subscribing to Giant Bomb is that Unprofessional Fridays is where the best Quick Looks went. All of the over the top stupidity happens there. I'll just say this: If Unprofessional Fridays were around a few years ago, Story Time Adventures would have been on UPF.

That's actually pretty spot on. Never thought of it that way. I think UPF is more or less what Random PC Game evolved into as well with their FMVinny period and stuff, although I think I prefer the smaller crew on RPG (Drew/Vinny/Dave banter was so great).

Mr. F

Banned
Theres a "secret site" for streams? Is this official or some torrenting-like site?

Only accessible by drinking a bottle of Buckfast and shocking your privates with a lightning reaction game.

Just a link that lets you access the live streaming page after it's been taken off giantbomb.com/chat. Handy with the new player as you can rewind to any part of the stream regardless of whether or not it is still live.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Only accessible by drinking a bottle of Buckfast and shocking your privates with a lightning reaction game.

Just a link that lets you access the live streaming page after it's been taken off giantbomb.com/chat. Handy with the new player as you can rewind to any part of the stream regardless of whether or not it is still live.

Yo you should link that. If it allows non-premiums to view premium streams, then I'd appreciate a PM. I'm Alo81 on GB if you want proof i'm premium.

The comments on Monday's Bombin' in the AM are just vile and the worst. I hate 4chan and MRAs so much.

DGGAPNQ.png

sixclaws

Banned
Does the vinnyvania video end abruptly at 1:55:41 for anyone else?

iTunes downloaded two copies for me, one that is an hour and 56 minutes and the other is 2 hours and 7 minutes. The same thing has happened a few times now. Your computer probably downloaded the shorter version.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
iTunes downloaded two copies for me, one that is an hour and 56 minutes and the other is 2 hours and 7 minutes. The same thing has happened a few times now. Your computer probably downloaded the shorter version.

Hmm, do I have to use iTune to get the correct version?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats a SJW? sounds like a dragonball thing

sixclaws

Banned
Hmm, do I have to use iTune to get the correct version?

I would assume no, but I don't really know. You could watch the remaining time on the web player if that works for you, I imagine it probably is a problem with the RSS feed somehow getting a shorter version at first and then being replaced with the full version if such a thing is possible. Taking a glance at the RSS feeds now the lengths seem to be correctly listed so maybe redownloading will fix it also.

Xater

SJW is one of the dumbest things the internet has come up with. Whenever someone uses that term you already know they are a sexist, some kind of biggot or just plain ignorant.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Honestly if you're thinking of subscribing just on the merits of the content alone I can't say I'd recommend it at all.

I just signed up last month. It's been great hitting up the backlog of video content but there really isn't enough new content per month to justify the cost in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'll keep my sub going up after this month.

You should definitely check out 1 month first before you commit for a year either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom