• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

I thought the creamy sauce was more meant for you dip stuff like celery while you're eating wings?

yeah ranch is good for like carrots or celery

I dont condone ranch in any other situation. The doritos are good but they dont really taste like ranch (which is why theyre good)

Blue Cheese is the worst. Tastes like sweat.

dillon_predator.gif

Alucrid

Banned
man i remember when i logged into wow, found out my hunter no longer could use a melee weapon, and logged out immediately

BearPawB

Banned
I like that Rorie's reason for not liking Cataclysm is a reason that no one has ever given for why it was a bad expansion

my old man digestive system can't handle super spicy foods anymore so these days I prefer wings with flavor to those with heat. If there's a place that has like cajun dry rub wings then I'll eat those all day. but even when I did eat spicy wings, I never went the ranch dip wimp route.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The band Disco Biscuits?

That was my point of reference for the phrase. Let me tell you, I am shocked and completely disappointed that their name is a drug reference. Blindsided by this news. Not sure I can cope. How could anybody have ever guessed?

Tucah

you speak so well
Road Not Taken looks sort of dull. The artstyle is cute but the gameplay doesn't seem super interesting. I probably won't bother to check it out, I had it downloaded but knew nothing about the game.

I like that Rorie's reason for not liking Cataclysm is a reason that no one has ever given for why it was a bad expansion

its probably the first time i've ever heard "it was way harder than previous" as a reason why people hated cata

I had my problems with that expansion but that was definitely not one of them

Tucah

you speak so well
its probably the first time i've ever heard "it was way harder than previous" as a reason why people hated cata

I came into Cata after not playing since BC and remember everything being much easier. I'm mixed on the expansion though, because I liked seeing updated/different versions of the classic world but I miss old Azeroth and the 80-85(?) leveling areas were fairly underwhelming. It got me hooked again though, so I guess good job Blizzard. Never took the dive into MoP but goddamn these WoW videos are making it hard not to jump back.

Think Ranch as a dressing is a southern thing. I didn't have it until I went to school in Virginia.

That said, Ranch on wings sounds horrible and bleu cheese is where it's at.

I came into Cata after not playing since BC and remember everything being much easier. I'm mixed on the expansion though, because I liked seeing updated/different versions of the classic world but I miss old Azeroth and the 80-85(?) leveling areas were fairly underwhelming. It got me hooked again though, so I guess good job Blizzard. Never took the dive into MoP but goddamn these WoW videos are making it hard not to jump back.

It was a step up from Wrath's "just get everything and spam AOE and dont worry about CC or threat" but it was still overall easier than BC/vanilla stuff for sure.

I agree with the videos, though. I still need to finish pet battling on my account (only have like 160 pets) and I need to probably play siege of orgrimmar at least once

Think Ranch as a dressing is a southern thing. I didn't have it until I went to school in Virginia.

That said, Ranch on wings sounds horrible and bleu cheese is where it's at.

Here in texas, Ranch goes on everything. EVERYTHING

Cheese fries, wings, pizza, cheese sticks, salad, burgers, etc

I dont like blue cheese as a dipping sauce

I don't know, one of the problems in Cata was that it tried to combine the difficult dungeons with the accessibility of LFD and such. People were much more tolerant of failure back when it took 30 minutes just for everyone (read: me and two other people, since I played a warlock) to get to the dungeon after the group was assembled in a city.

Of course my experience is coloured by not being in a big guild since Ulduar.
goddamn these WoW videos are making it hard not to jump back.
I have the account page open in another tab right now.

Lijik

I had to double check that Blackbay Asylum wasnt some obscure late 90s release. Everything about it has that vibe

Xater

Nope. I'm guessing it will be announced on Twitter if they're doing it, no live content that I'm aware of today. People with a Twitter account should ask them!

I asked Brad before. Have not gotten a response. Maybe I'll try with a couple of them. Dan seems really responsive to questions like that.

Goldmund

I had to double check that Blackbay Asylum wasnt some obscure late 90s release. Everything about it has that vibe
I saw Jim Sterling play it a bit for his YouTube channel and honestly, it didn't look that bad. I don't like the theme, subject matter and humor, but I can see it having b-movie appeal.

Maybe that's just the credit-card-less debit card in me speaking.

Xater

I also have no idea why there is a German debit card discussion happening in here, I never needed a credit card ever until I had to import something and pay using the internet. These days I even use it less again because lots of places just accept Paypal.

Lijik

I saw Jim Sterling play it a bit for his YouTube channel and honestly, it didn't look that bad. I don't like the theme, subject matter and humor, but I can see it having b-movie appeal.

Maybe that's just the credit-card-less debit card in me speaking.

I just mean more in terms of its tone and visual design. It wouldnt look out of place if you put it on a shelf with like Thrill Kill, Carnevil, Psycho Circus or Alice. The awkward animations dont help

EDIT- Vinny kind of sums it up actually haha: "Did this game actually come out or did it fall out of a playstation and wind up on steam"

kuppy

Do we know if they are doing anything for the Gamescom streams tomorrow?
I'm expecting them to add a "We are talking over the" to the schedule every minute now.
Last year was glorious and because of it they did the E3 pressers this way, which again was well received, so yeah, pretty sure they will do it.

I don't know, one of the problems in Cata was that it tried to combine the difficult dungeons with the accessibility of LFD and such. People were much more tolerant of failure back when it took 30 minutes just for everyone (read: me and two other people, since I played a warlock) to get to the dungeon after the group was assembled in a city.

Of course my experience is coloured by not being in a big guild since Ulduar.

I have the account page open in another tab right now.

Cata was funny, I played WoW with about 12 IRL friends, who were all in big guilds for most of their WoW life. When Cata came out we all transferred and formed a 10-man guild, thinking it was going to be great. Then we got into the heroic raid content and promptly everyone that was used to being carried quit because it was too hard. And my friends were the typical "WoW used to be so much harder, casuals ruined everything" folks.

popo

If it makes you feel better, you guys get way more interesting Walkers flavors than we get Lay's.

Also, you guys have Ready Salted instead of Plain. Ready Salted is so much more interesting a name.

I don't like Walkers - too greasy - so I would take your selection. Actually Walkers baked are not too bad.

They are "ready salted" because a lot of then used to come with a sachet of salt you add yourself. You can still buy them like that.

Salt&ShakeCrisps.jpg

saltnshake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom