• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

I can't count the number of times I have accidentally clicked onto a review because my mouse drifted over the "Reviews" tab while moving onto the play button of a video. There should be a little delay on bringing up the dropdown or something.

CONSTANTLY

drives me nuts

Wunder

I can't count the number of times I have accidentally clicked onto a review because my mouse drifted over the "Reviews" tab while moving onto the play button of a video. There should be a little delay on bringing up the dropdown or something.

Yeah I've gone to the bombcast on more than one occasion. :(

Myggen

"This is what Swery thinks a Boston accent is..."

Man, this is gonna be great. Swery's understanding of America is one of my favourite things.

How 'spoilery' is this? I really want to play it when I eventually get an XONE (or it comes to other platforms), but it's like $15. Wondering if a 1hr QL is gonna be a third of the game?

I'm not sure how long the game is, but seeing as it's over an hour long, you should probably skip it if you want to go in fresh. It's from the very start of the game.

How 'spoilery' is this? I really want to play it when I eventually get an XONE (or it comes to other platforms), but it's like $15. Wondering if a 1hr QL is gonna be a third of the game?

I spent 3 hours and 50 minutes on episode 1 and missed out on one side quest so I wouldn't worry too much. Your own discretion of course though.

Drew should host more often

I don't watch a lot of premium stuff so maybe does host a lot, but this UPF was pretty good

Also Dan is great, lol dota2

chogidogs

Didn't know Bombing gets ads now. Makes me wonder if that podcast Vinny mentioned last Friday is just being done to get additional revenue.

#FollowTheMoney #MonetizeTeens

Drew should host more often

it was definitely one of the better UPFs in recent months (along with the Pogs one). Since Brad hosting the bombcast was such a good idea, maybe Drew should run UPF for a while.

Also this one had the least boring Drew game in a while. Seriously, some of those games are pretty funny/interesting, but do NOT work well on a segment where 5 people are drinking and talking over it.

also THANK GOD that Brad's Destiny plans blew up. I really don't need to watch people play Destiny any more.

Think it's a real shame that so many people just don't buy smaller games now that Gold/PS Plus are a thing. Future episodes depend on sales, only 15 dollars!

Oh wow, awesome. For some reason I had it in mind that it was a very short game.
There's a lot of dialogue and side-quests, plus you are constantly going in and out of the "real" world to heal and do things in your house. Game is really cool.

Liamc723

Think it's a real shame that so many people just don't buy smaller games now that Gold/PS Plus are a thing. Future episodes depend on sales, only 15 dollars!

Yeah, the mentality of waiting a year to play a game just because it might come to Plus/Games With Gold is pretty bad.

Yes absolutely this game seems so crazy to me I will get it in a year or so when its free with XBLG.
DgQbJ5R.jpg

I will send you $10 in Microsoft Points to use towards it if you buy it today. I'm serious.

I really, really hope D4 comes to PC at some point. Deadly Premonition is one of my all-time favourites but I can't justify buying an XBone just for D4 and Scalebound.

Alex really doesn't understand the swiping motion.

Yeah, it's a shame he just gives up on the kinect controls because of it. Game is a lot more fun with them.

Edit: They skip all of the side stuff too, a lot of fetch stuff but it's pretty quick and adds a lot of nice character moments. Just a shame he turned kinect off right before the huge set piece that has the best use of it that I've seen.

Man that PC case, it's like they never asked the community to build a PC build list.

lol. I liked Vinny's half-hearted defense of it on the stream, only to come on here and say it sucked. There are so many good, cheap cases out there (I bought what I consider a nice one with front-mounted usb3 ports, case lighting, and good fans, and the thing cost me $50) that I'm completely baffled by that thing.

Yeah, it's a shame he just gives up on the kinect controls because of it. Game is a lot more fun with them.

Edit: They skip all of the side stuff too, a lot of fetch stuff but it's pretty quick and adds a lot of nice character moments. Just a shame he turned kinect off right before the huge set piece that has the best use of it that I've seen.

Yeah, that scene was where I realized the game would be worse without using Kinect

Which is sort of a first for any game and me.

Zaph

GAFers confirming a game is genuinely better with Kinect? This might be the biggest revelation in this thread since Jeff clarified the status of his...manhood.

Alfredo

All these people wishing D4 was on PC...I do, too, because I feel like it's not gonna sell too well on Xbox One. Microsoft kinda just put it out there to die. I really do hope we get more episodes, because if the D4 story ends at Episode 2, that's a HUGE bummer.

The game has a lot of content for 15 dollars: the prologue, 2 episodes, lots of side missions in the plane and the apartment. For instance, you get at least 2 new meal scenes with Kaysen every episode. (PRO TIP: Leave the Dive for a free meal from Kaysen to restore your stamina instead of buying food from Amanda's Shop.) Even the tiny bits of descriptions of household objects change every episode, giving a bit more info on David's inner thoughts and past. But even with all that, it still feels so short because I am genuinely interested in living in D4's insane world for much longer, and I hope we get that chance with more episodes in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom