• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Does the PC steam start like halfway through? They don't give an intro and seem to be in the middle of putting it together? Is there a way to see it from the start?

Myggen

Does the PC steam start like halfway through? They don't give an intro and seem to be in the middle of putting it together? Is there a way to see it from the start?

It's not halfway through, more like 10 minutes or so in. That first part had awful audio sync problems, so that's probably why they just cut that out. No way to watch that part now, but not much was lost due to those problems.

It's not halfway through, more like 10 minutes or so in. That first part had awful audio sync problems, so that's probably why they just cut that out. No way to watch that part now, but not much was lost due to those problems.

Yeah it was several minutes of "is it working now? No? Ok I'll be right back. ...what about now? Oh its still happening? Auuuuuggggghhhhhhh."

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Dan responded to my PM in the giantbomb site after like a month, really appreciated that he took the time to reply but i wonder if he just realized that he had an inbox on the site.
Also since i've been catching up with the bombcast i slowly realized that Brad host and edits them now instead of Jeff, weird.

Zomba13

Ah that's ok then. Just missing the "intro", that's fine then.

Volotaire

LOL Dan responded to my PM in the giantbomb site after like a month, really appreciated that he took the time to reply but i wonder if he just realized that he had an inbox on the site.
Also since i've been catching up with the bombcast i slowly realized that Brad host and edits them now instead of Jeff, weird.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I always love a good Vinnycast edit session.

Myggen

Converting a person to a wrestling fan is a worse crime than converting somebody into a Dota player. Watching an episode of RAW feels like playing a 3 hour Dota match with somebody on your team fucking you over like Dan did on Unprofessional Friday.

Converting Danny into a wrestling fan isn't needed, that dude is already a big fan.

Brad as a host has been great for the podcast :)

justjim89

Converting a person to a wrestling fan is a worse crime than converting somebody into a Dota player. Watching an episode of RAW feels like playing a 3 hour Dota match with somebody on your team fucking you over like Dan did on Unprofessional Friday.

Wrestling sells out bigger arenas than Dota. Wrestling > Dota. Also it has the added bonus of not being fucking Dota.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Port Beg: D4 for PC

No, need PC PORT CONFIRMED*
4o29nz7a.png

*Not actually confirmed

GAF needs a function to emb Tweets

Myggen

I don't know how well it would port to PC, the Kinect stuff actually seems like a big part of the game.

Making weird poses and gestures, I think, would enhance the effect of D4's insanities.

As long as it plays well enough, I'm sure it would port just fine. The best part of Swery's games have always been the story and the atmosphere, and it seems the same here.

As long as it plays well enough, I'm sure it would port just fine. The best part of Swery's games have always been the story and the atmosphere, and it seems the same here.

Considering the state of the Deadly Premonition PC port, I don't know how well it would play.

(I have almost no regrets purchasing DPPC.)

You can buy Kinect for PC now.

Isn't it like $150? D4 PC would sell about that many copies, if Kinect were required.

jgminto

Considering the state of the Deadly Premonition PC port, I don't know how well it would play.

(I have almost no regrets purchasing DPPC.)

Isn't it like $150? D4 PC would sell about that many copies, if Kinect were required.

Have it as an option alongside mouse support.

Reboot still looks fine goddamit Drew

I think there's a certain charm to ReBoot. Even during its primitive first season, you could see the visuals evolve episode-to-episode. Between season breaks, it improved immensely. Finally, in the final stretch they stabilized on a specific look.

ReBoot is an eternal classic.

Joeku

Also, the difference in visual quality from the start of Reboot to the last movie is crazy. It looked good by the end.

EDIT: Beaten about factual fidelity change.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Reboot still looks fine goddamit Drew
The models of the main characters still look ok. Everything else, from the animations to the environments to the bit characters look like garbage. And whenever they needed any special lighting or special fx, oh boy.

But I think it looking like garbage is part of its charm now.

They really nailed down Boston to a tee...

Hope a EU release for Vita is not too far off. Europe didn't get You Don't Know Jack so I'm a bit nervous.

Sorry about my wording. There IS no Vita version. It really wouldn't make much sense since everyone needs to look at the screen. These are the only versions: PS3, PS4, XB1 (360, too?), and Amazon Fire TV. It's $6.99 (except for the Fire TV where it's apparently free). Try as I might, I still can't get my Vita browser to connect to the game.

Brashnir

If Mysterious Giant doesn't do a Dikembe Mutombo/
Raincoat Killer
-style finger-wag at some point during the course of D4, Swery has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom