• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone tell me if there is actually some kind of new york/chicago debate on beef or pork in hot dogs or if SWERY has taken a real thing about hot dog culture and new york/chicago rivalry and just gone nuts with it

edit: oh derp i meant boston/new york

Aaron

someone tell me if there is actually some kind of new york/chicago debate on beef or pork in hot dogs or if SWERY has taken a real thing about hot dog culture and new york/chicago rivalry and just gone nuts with it
You mean Boston / New York, and yes around here hotdogs are made from pork, but if you get one from a vendor NYC it'll be a beef frank. In Chicago, all hotdogs are deep dish where they put chunks of tomato on top instead of katsup, and that's disgusting.

Dany

Banned
You mean Boston / New York, and yes around here hotdogs are made from pork, but if you get one from a vendor NYC it'll be a beef frank. In Chicago, all hotdogs are deep dish where they put chunks of tomato on top instead of katsup, and that's disgusting.

If you're Patrick you would argue its basically pasta.

I don't care what the hotdogs are made of as long as they're cooked right.

Either in boiling hot dog water for hours or on a grill. None of this pan-fry nonsense.

These hot dog arguments are irrelevant since the beer brat is undeniably superior to any hot dog. To clarify, that's a bratwurst cooked in beer prior to grilling and not a drunken, petulant child.

FStop7

Banned

SWERY is the realest no matter what he says.

I think there is some sort of hot dog dispute. I mean, Chicago style hot dogs are quite a bit different than what you'd get at Nathan's.

I dunno, I like both styles. Chicago dogs kind of straddle the "sandwich" line, though. Sometimes you just want a dog, a bun, some mustard, and maybe some pickle relish.

Anyone here ever eaten kangaroo sausage? It was the tastiest joey ive had.

No, but there's a place near me that carries it. It's a German style pub that serves brats and sausages from all over the world. They have ostrich, kangaroo, some other unusual meats, and a pretty wide variety of the traditional stuff.

Corgi

Banned
Anyone else reached the point, where theres like too much GB content to watch now? D:

I guess it was kind of like this during other endurance runs, but metal gear eps are averaging over 1.5 hrs lol. And there is a bunch of other stuff each day too!

i should archive stuff for my vacation in a decade...

justjim89

Give me a Vienna Beef hot dog and sriracha on a warm bun. Perfect.

Or a Carter's Hot Dog from Muncie, IN. Best hot dogs I've ever had in my life.

i actually meant Boston/New York but the idea of Boston having food culture beyond beans and clam chowder and people from New York actually caring about Boston enough to have a rivalry caused my brain to go BZRT NOPE IT'S CHICAGO THAT NYers HATE and override my hands on the keyboard

XpWClZ0.png

ha

FStop7

Banned
I hate you people and your hot dog talk. All I've had time for today is a to-go box of fruits and vegetables. I would commit unspeakable crimes for a hot dog right now.

I could see D4 coming to other platforms eventually, DR3, and Ryse devs said that they weren't going to go multiplatform and now DR3 is out and Ryse is out in a few weeks on PC. Remember Microsoft has a "renewed focus" on PC. I might be just talking out of my ass because I can't live with the fact that I might never play a Swery game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Microsoft isn't even willing to commit to new episodes, who knows what they think of a PC version.

I suppose a PC version of Alan Wake eventually came out, but that took ages didn't it?

jgminto

Aren't hot dogs mostly beef everywhere? If someone told me I was having sausages I'd assume they were beef unless stated otherwise.

GavinGT

Banned
Aren't hot dogs mostly beef everywhere? If someone told me I was having sausages I'd assume they were beef unless stated otherwise.

They're often a combination of pork, beef, and chicken. Just all the leftover bullshit ground up and processed. All beef hot dogs tend to be more expensive.

Myggen

Didn't know beef hot dogs were a thing. Cheap ones are mostly chicken, expensive ones are pork, right?

Here in Norway, I think most cheaper hotdogs are pork (or a mix of different crap), while the "healthy" ones are chicken/turkey. But you can get beef hot dogs at a somewhat higher price, and I always prefer those to the other types. Beef will always beat pork for me, it's just better.

Here in Norway, I think most cheaper hotdogs are pork (or a mix of different crap), while the "healthy" ones are chicken/turkey. But you can get beef hot dogs at a somewhat higher price, and I always prefer those to the other types. Beef will always beat pork for me, it's just better.

Lamb is great, too. Usually I just buy a bunch of different kinds and mix them up.

They're often a combination of pork, beef, and chicken. Just all the leftover bullshit ground up and processed. All beef hot dogs tend to be more expensive.

this is accurate as far as I've seen. I mean when it comes to hot dogs, I generally prefer the ones that are going to deliver the most animals per serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom