• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I'm a bit surprised it has taken them so long to get going. I realize there's a shit ton of stuff to do and buy and set up and configure etc etc, but their studio is still just a nest of wires and laptops. They didn't even have enough table space to put their PC parts on.

The TV Guide studio (where GBeast is currently set up) is moving to the CBSi NY office very soon so there's probably no point in getting settled in (just familiarising themselves with the new equipment instead). They've said to expect some downtime when the move happens.

omg

I watched the first few seconds thinking "this is so dumb", then the music kicked in...

Truly one of the greatest games ever made.

Myggen

I'm a bit surprised it has taken them so long to get going. I realize there's a shit ton of stuff to do and buy and set up and configure etc etc, but their studio is still just a nest of wires and laptops. They didn't even have enough table space to put their PC parts on.

Except for the studio space itself being a mess, they seem pretty done with it now (the PC still needs some work, of course;)). The numerous technical issues are probably more because of how new everything is to Vinny than anything else.

I have no experience setting up something like that, but with Vinny being out for a few weeks with his kid it seems like they've set it up in a reasonable time given that it's only Vinny doing it. That said, they'll have to move to a new space sometime this year. But at least they'll have the equipment pretty much pre-installed by then.

The TV Guide studio (where GBeast is currently set up) is moving to the CBSi NY office very soon so there's probably no point in getting settled in (just familiarising themselves with the new equipment instead). They've said to expect some downtime when the move happens.

Except for the studio space itself being a mess, they seem pretty done with it now (the PC still needs some work, of course;)). The numerous technical issues are probably more because of how new everything is to Vinny than anything else.

I have no experience setting up something like that, but with Vinny being out for a few weeks with his kid it seems like they've set it up in a reasonable time given that it's only Vinny doing it. That said, they'll have to move to a new space sometime this year. But at least they'll have the equipment pretty much pre-installed by then.

Ah, right, I'd forgotten both of these. I'm sure setup basically halted completely with Vinny out, and they have no incentive to get comfortable when they'll be moving soon anyway.

Tucah

you speak so well
Super glad we're getting Metal Gear Scanlon tomorrow.

edit: wait, didn't we already get part 8?

double edit: i'm dumb that's totally a 9

Volotaire

I legit just spent 10 minutes guessing URLs to the download link off Metal Gear Scanlon 09

No luck

lol. I guess the trick works once PT time switches to the day in question (this time the next day) instead of any timezone. So it will work once it is posted (as it is posted at midnight PT).

Tan

tumblr_maoz03HeR51qfqkopo1_500.gif

He opens and sets down the chair and then jump kicks him.

Zaph

lol. I guess the trick works once PT time switches to the day in question (this time the next day) instead of any timezone. So it will work once it is posted (as it is posted at midnight PT).
Premium content has a random string added.

Let's pool our computers and brute force it!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They've added a random sequence to the urls now.

Edit. I type slow on my phone apparently

Myggen

Is Drew going to vietnam legit? Because the lack of metal gear is gonna kill my soul and i dunno if i can handle it.

Yep, a couple of weeks next month.

So did they just forget to reupload the Hyrule Warriors QL or what?

I have the game in my hands right now...

Well, the NA release date is September 26, so the embargo for that kind of long form video might not be lifted until then? I dunno...

daydream

Banned
So did they just forget to reupload the Hyrule Warriors QL or what?

I have the game in my hands right now...

They're probably just waiting for the right time slot. Although I guess they had a bunch of free time to fill today.

Maybe the embargo on longer videos is still not up, then. Game's not out till Friday in the US.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, a couple of weeks next month.

Well, the NA release date is September 26, so the embargo for that kind of long form video might not be lifted until then? I dunno...

Oh next month! That's plenty of time to finish Metal Gear solid then, Drew is getting close to the end.

Myggen

Oh next month! That's plenty of time to finish Metal Gear solid then, Drew is getting close to the end.

I think it might be early next month or something, so not that long. I don't remember the wording exactly, they talk about it during the Gran Turismo 2 segment of the latest Demo Derby. But yeah, I'm guessing they're working toward finishing MGS1 so they can start on MGS2 when he comes back.

Tucah

you speak so well

Yeah, they can easily finish up MGS by then, especially at the rate they're going with a couple of episodes a week. Then once he gets back we can dive right into 2!

Patryn

Popping in from my honeymoon to say I just read Jeff's tweet. I don't know if you'll ever read this, but my thoughts and sympathies are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom