• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh hey, btw, new MGS is free for everyone due to what I suspect is an error, but for now people without premium can check it out.

popo

[rant]

God damn someone needs to define what early access means.

I am not fond of ea so I waited what seemed like forever for Cannon Brawl to reach 1.0 and come officially out of ea. So what did I get for my money? No resolution options - so I either run in a tiny window that cannot be resized or full screen, but there is no aspect ratio support, so it is stretched to fook. Then a couple of hours in I get a crash bug and my save is gone. Go to steam forums to see the developer - seems to be one dude making the game - acknowledging said bug but saying it is not a priority atm. Resolutions were promised months ago.

I know boxed games ship buggy all the time but it is getting so I am reluctant to buy indie stuff at launch when it has had a period of ea - as I no longer believe them.

[/rant]

Oh hey, btw, new MGS is free for everyone due to what I suspect is an error, but for now people without premium can check it out.

Could be a bug but there is also an error on the front page making it hard for users on some tablets to log in. So it could be deliberate.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So...John Vignocchi was on Good Morning America:
https://twitter.com/brian_s_nelson/status/514395062672035840

ByN_lX2IEAEgRJx.jpg

hamchan

Condolences to Jeff.

I'm happy to see Drew has become better at MGS this ep. Looks like he's finally used to the controls. This bodes well for an MGS2 run.

Myggen

Who is the voice actor in The Hat Man: Shadow Ward. I know I've heard him somewhere before.

I refuse to believe that that voice actor has done any other voice acting. Must be the dev or something.

Also, the insane asylum is the most tired horror trope, and a bit offensive to people with a mental illness.

danm999

Condolences to Jeff and the rest of his family. Losing a loved one is the worst. Dude's had a rough few years; hope the next few are happier for him.

Holy shit, it's like the game finally clicked for drew. I didn't even know that using the Nikita was a legit option against wolf, yet Drew went straight to that option just to see if it was even viable. And damn, it was.

He's finally thinking like a man playing a Kojima game, and it was damn enjoyable to watch.

Holy shit, it's like the game finally clicked for drew. I didn't even know that using the Nikita was a legit option against wolf, yet Drew went straight to that option just to see if it was even viable. And damn, it was.

He's finally thinking like a man playing a Kojima game, and it was damn enjoyable to watch.

Totally. :)

mattp

i always beat wolf fight #2 with the nikita haha. best strategy

Dipper145

Dan saying he thinks he could escape from a prison or an insane asylum made me laugh out loud. You dont have a chance dan! But i'd like to hear how you'd try.

Also enjoyed his always sunny in philadelphia method of throwing the water fountain out the window and just walking out hahaha

Zaph

Dan saying he thinks he could escape from a prison or an insane asylum made me laugh out loud. You dont have a chance dan! But i'd like to hear how you'd try.

I dunno, Dan sounds like the exact type of guy who would luck out of whatever situation he's in. Like maybe one of the wardens is an ex-wrestler or something.

Can't wait to get home and watch it. Really been waiting for the well-earned 'click' to happen.

KingKong

Also enjoyed his always sunny in philadelphia method of throwing the water fountain out the window and just walking out hahaha

It's very likely that he has in fact escaped from an insane asylum

Jeff, I can only say that you and yours' time of grief is on our minds, and we're with you man.

So...John Vignocchi was on Good Morning America:
https://twitter.com/brian_s_nelson/status/514395062672035840

ByN_lX2IEAEgRJx.jpg

If only he in full Johnny V Mode the entire time?

Condolences to Jeff.

I'm happy to see Drew has become better at MGS this ep. Looks like he's finally used to the controls. This bodes well for an MGS2 run.

He's got that demo disk from last week, practicing VR missions. Keepin' sharp!

Megasoum

Banned

xPpKau2.gif

frostyxc

Dont know why. Brad just said it on his twitch stream.

Do GB normally do their charity stream in October? They are also fun. If they had a few more guests then last year it would basically scratch the same itch.

In other Tested news.

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/465209-were-putting-live-stage-show/

Tested: The Stage Show!

Hmm... a live show where people get to breathe the same rarified (and limited) air that Will and Norm will suck out of the room by endlessly talking over each other to be "right" about a topic first? Watching Jamie--in REAL TIME--wanting to be somewhere else? Experiencing Adam presumably coming in late to talk about something cool as Will gets his nose the brownest of brown? Hearing confused whispers from the crowd along the lines of "Who are those kind-of-annoying fast-talking guys? I came to see Adam and Jamie!"

This could be and interesting monorail wreck... or just another Tested thing. And here I was looking forward to Octoberkast. Sheesh!

In game news: if you plug a joystick into the DA-15 port on your IBM compatible PC--followed by a few hours of configuring--you can play games without the keyboard. So freeing! I can lean back on the Davenport, suck down some Tab, and play a tight game of Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon.

KarmaCow

Honest question: how many people knew that scene from the Simpsons referencing it before learning about the source?

There are so many pop culture references I knew about second hand through the Simpsons first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom