• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If I pay for a flight going to LA, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if they drop me off in North Dakota and pretend like it was our destination the whole time.

This description is definitely not apt.

It's more like if you bought a plane ticket that could take you to any random place in the world, then you got pissed off because it only took you to North Dakota. Screwed over by expectations, not unfinished guarantees.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Funny because I distinctly recall Brad in his early days at Gamespot writing up a story and an instructional piece about how to assemble a DIY water cooling system into a gaming PC. At least someone at GB has experience doing this stuff.

Xater

Is there a Wasteland 2 QL and/or review coming? I've stayed blacked out on this game. I really want to know if it's worth the $40.

Most people seem to enjoy it. I also really like it.

Didn't know it's 40, glad I backed it for the 15 bucks back then.

lol at dan "film major" ryckert not knowing what rack focus is.

Despite all the questionable shit I've heard him say about film, he totally makes up for all of it by having great taste in television

http://www.gameinformer.com/members/gidan/default.aspx

Favorite TV:Breaking Bad, The Wire, Arrested Development, Eastbound & Down, South Park, The Colbert Report, Conan, Letterman, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office (both versions, before the American one started to kind of suck), The Simpsons (seasons 1-10), The Daily Show, Oz, Deadwood, Da Ali G Show, Dateline To Catch A Predator, Intervention, Planet Earth, Flight of the Conchords

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/481996237647151104
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/481915882893877248

2684573-5866630107-Y9zzD.gif

god i hate you so much right now

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This description is definitely not apt.

It's more like if you bought a plane ticket that could take you to any random place in the world, then you got pissed off because it only took you to North Dakota. Screwed over by expectations, not unfinished guarantees.

The expectations were set by the people selling the game. Any flight could take you anywhere, you just have to hope the pilot doesn't decide to be an asshole and fly it into a mountain because he didn't realize it was actually a long hard trip that he didn't want to take any more.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there an unofficial archive of this part? I think the official archive cuts out a lot of it, supposedly due to audio sync issues, and it's just Vinny screwing in the power supply.

it's probably on the "gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/" server, but there's no way that I know of to pull the url. It's possible to do when it's playing originally.

daydream

Banned
I've been rewatching Musou QLs like I said I would, and Vinny's story about how his wife (girlfriend at the time) burned down a Gundam figure of his with the excuse that it just came too close to a candle (lol) cracked me up again.

daydream

Banned
Hey , did you want to create the bombcast thread when it is uploaded?

Uh, sure, I can do it. Unless that other guy is quicker or the cast is super late.

I was actually thinking of messaging someone to make some fancy banners again, make the threads look a little nicer, you know? It'd take some time, though.

Volotaire

Uh, sure, I can do it. Unless that other guy is quicker or the cast is super late.

I was actually thinking of messaging someone to make some fancy banners again, make the threads look a little nicer, you know? It'd take some time, though.

Just thought you'd like to know as you seem to have nice stuff prepared. Banners sound great.

daydream

Banned
Just thought you'd like to know as you seem to have nice stuff prepared. Banners sound great.

I don't have anything prepared, haha. I wish I had some basic Photoshop skills to make some semi-decent banners but I have to rely on other GAFfers for those. I'll try and look for someone to create a nice looking, easily editable template for a banner that contains the episode description, date, runtime, etc., just like the one vitaminwateryum used to make. Obviously there'd be some text editing involved to update the banner but that, I think, everybody could do with a free program.

Beast PC closure. I feel better now. Vinny's a good sport but I think he wanted people to know, 1. he's been around the PC building block and 2. building PCs isn't as complicated as the videos might have made it seem.

No, Grandpa Gator has always been named Grandpa Gator. Air Force Gator did have a father (Big Daddy Gator), but they didn't have a good relationship and he presumably died in Vietnam. This will be covered in Air Force Gator 3: Cold Bloodlines.

Alright Dan, you got me. Ordering both paperbacks come payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom