• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Wait. I streamed Hyrule Warriors for about an hour last week.

Did I do a crime?
5c1.jpg

Quentyn

I am interested to see what Brad thinks of Shadow of Mordor. Not really sure what to expect from the game.

Hope they have a Quick Look on Friday as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The PC building video felt like Vinny was trying to sell me life advice books just from the way he's sitting and also the music.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am interested to see what Brad thinks of Shadow of Mordor. Not really sure what to expect from the game.

Hope it's good, but every time they show it they spend too much time with that Nemesis system thing, and all I can think is, 'boy the environments look really similar in all these videos. And boy do you guys like talking about this system, like you might not have much else to talk about or something.'

That and I find it funny that the main character's Gary Stu meter makes Starkiller look like a well thought out, humble character. Yet people aren't near as up in arms about him as Starkiller.

Haunted

Listening to the new Bombcast and the new Idle Thumbs back to back - the difference couldn't have been bigger if they tried.
KuGsj.gif

edit: both touch on vomiting as a topic, though!

Tucah

you speak so well

Yeah, I'm super curious about SoM but still not 100% sold. The QL should be interesting.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think Drew will find the rest of mgs until
rex
fairly straightforward.
Raven's second encounter
isn't very hard, especially if you use
a bunch of claymores
. I think my bet of 16 episodes to completion might be too high now. I'm looking forward to his reaction to all the story stuff that's coming up.

"Kraft Mac and Cheese is objectively the best food" - Dan on today's podcast

c3FDs4i.png

I think Drew will find the rest of mgs until
rex
fairly straightforward.
Raven's second encounter
isn't very hard, especially if you use
a bunch of claymores
. I think my bet of 16 episodes to completion might be too high now. I'm looking forward to his reaction to all the story stuff that's coming up.

c3FDs4i.png

What about the
Keys
If Dan does not tell him what to do we will be here for a while.

Myggen

How is Idle Thumbs different ?

Idle Thumbs has always been way more on topic (games), and at its best they can go way deeper on games and have more interesting discussions on games (imo). The Bombcast has always been a pretty much a comedy podcast with a focus on games, and a lot more free-flowing in terms of what they discuss. That's not to say that there's no interesting discussions to be had on games on the Bombcast, but it has never really been the focus.

I have a feeling Brad will hate Shadows of Mordor

I think he might be more receptive to it than others. Dan/Jeff both don't care about LOTR, and both Alex and Vinny might be tired of Assassin's-Creed-like games. Brad likes LOTR and hasn't played enough AC games to have any fatigue, so if the game is good and Brad's the one doing the review i think it'll be fine.

Personally, I'd rather have someone with more AC experience playing it, if only so that they can point out the major differences a bit better, but Young Bradley would do.

Kelas

What about the
Keys
If Dan does not tell him what to do we will be here for a while.

If he gets zero hints we could be here for weeks lol. Even if you know
where to go, the card doesn't change immediately
so that can be confusing. But I think dan will help give him help if it looks like he's not going to figure it out.

Kelas

so we discussed before that jason's surname basically means Austrian, or of/from Austria. Jason is derived from the greek word to heal or cure

from here on out let's refer to Jason as the Austrian Healer, or Doctor Austria.

Or let's not do that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
She appeared on idlethumbs last week.

Is this the first quick look with none of the original crew? With drew being counted as part of the OG crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom