• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Disney Infinity looks really dull. Of course, it is a kids game after all, but if I was a parent I would rather have my kids playing Mario or something entertaining.

popo

so we discussed before that jason's surname basically means Austrian, or of/from Austria. Jason is derived from the greek word to heal or cure

from here on out let's refer to Jason as the Austrian Healer, or Doctor Austria.

How about Herr Doktor?

DHD.jpg

popo

I like Jason so far in this QL!

Yeah, he is pretty good. He even knew how much the game costs.

Pretty easy to tell him and Dan apart too - they sounded a lot more similar on that one bombcast.

-------

I wonder if they decided to not shoot a QL EX - despite JV visiting the offices - because the game looks a bit meh, getting a lukewarm response even with the caveat of it being a kids game.

Haunted

I could write a whole essay about the great American con/delusion that Dan perfectly encapsulated with his "I could probably do it [become mayor/president] if I really wanted to" line but instead I'll just allude to it like this and leave.

It's the lack of conviction. Where's the flaming dog shit filled paper baggie? Wheres the toilet papering of the front lawn? Where's the carton of rotten eggs?

Kids got no heart.
Honestly, that's already crossing the line from a mischievous prank everyone can have a laugh about to being an annoying little shit, so I'm glad there's still kids out there that mirror what I did at that age instead of completely escalating it at half my age. :D

With your kids these days comment, I half expected it to be footage of someone shooting up Jeff's house in a drive-by and setting his lawn on fire with a molotov while screaming "Kane & Lynch 4 lyfe, Gertsmann".

Lijik

It's the lack of conviction. Where's the flaming dog shit filled paper baggie? Wheres the toilet papering of the front lawn? Where's the carton of rotten eggs?

Kids got no heart.

Hes just testing the waters on Old Man Gerstmann's turf before he brings out the big guns, kids playing it smart

Myggen

Jason with that radio voice.

Yeah, he is pretty good. He even knew how much the game costs.

Pretty easy to tell him and Dan apart too - they sounded a lot more similar on that one bombcast..

Always way easier to tell two people apart if you've actually heard one of them speak a lot before, so that's probably it. And it also helps to be able to look at people when they speak. I've listened to the 8-4 podcast for a couple of years now, and I sometimes still have problems telling the people that aren't Mark apart.

edit: "Immediately you're gonna notice that these cutscenes are like pre-rendered garbage."

Myggen

He needs the P4 treatment..

The dude who did those said that he'll probably not gonna do new ones for Jason and Dan because then he'll feel compelled to go back and do new ones for the others too because his style has changed since he did those (two years back? Three years?). But he didn't rule it out if he found the time to do them all again.

Totally - Samantha was great. Get Danny back on there more often, too.

If we're talking guests, getting Carrie on the Bombcast would be awesome.

The constant complaints about the friendly fire seemed really silly, did very little damage and looked easily avoidable. Performance and compression of the pre-rendered cutscenes was really weird. Why should they jutter in such a way?

Myggen

The constant complaints about the friendly fire seemed really silly, did very little damage and looked easily avoidable. Performance and compression of the pre-rendered cutscenes was really weird. Why should they jutter in such a way?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the lack of polish on the game as of right now, might be that. But yeah, it's pretty weird.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rorie's hangup on divinity not allowing you to create all of your party members is so weird, seeing that the two that you get has some story tied to them.

I could write a whole essay about the great American con/delusion that Dan perfectly encapsulated with his "I could probably do it [become mayor/president] if I really wanted to" line but instead I'll just allude to it like this and leave.

Two words. Manifest Destiny.

Rorie's hangup on divinity not allowing you to create all of your party members is so weird, seeing that the two that you get has some story tied to them.

Well my issue with it was that those party members are always going to be the same classes, and you don't know until hours into the game. So you make two of your characters, and suddenly you get NPC party members that might overlap with the ones you created, or make your party not well-rounded.

Jason did a good job of driving this Disney Infinity quicklook.

I'd actually like to have him on the podcast because he knows things about other things, which is lacking at the moment.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well my issue with it was that those party members are always going to be the same classes, and you don't know until hours into the game. So you make two of your characters, and suddenly you get NPC party members that might overlap with the ones you created, or make your party not well-rounded.

I can tell you with all certainty that dude, it doesn't matter.

I can tell you with all certainty that dude, it doesn't matter.

Oh I know it's not gamebreaking, I played a lot of Divinity despite having overlap in my classes. I just didn't like that aspect because I like creating well rounded parties that synergize. I couldn't do that in Divinity, I created a Knight and Mage and then had a Knight and Mage join my party later. I either had a party that didn't complement each other well, or I miss out on the NPC story. I still liked the game, I just prefer the Wasteland 2 method of creating everyone at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom