• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantBoi

Are we talking about Feces or the other kind of shit.

Feces.

I love when they go on tangents and talk about idiotic stuff, but that was just disgusting.

The first week, I think Jeff was away and Brad read one email. I listened, but I just wished they would get off the topic. And the next week, Jeff came back and Brad once again brought up the topic. Quit that episode right there.

And I haven't felt the same about the podcast since then.

Myggen

Nah. The hosting got better w/ Brad. He's better suited for it than Jeff. Vinny's departure definitely hurt, though.

And never listen to the emails segments.

Man, the email segment has always been the best part of the podcast! I would say that most of the classic Bombcast moments have come out of that part of the podcast.

Xater

h2EWwQd.png

Such a good game. Will probably be super fun watching the crew play this.

Lijik

Ive always known the name as Papernik which was why the reboot shortened his name to PK

EDIT- Ive been mispelling it, the italian name is Paperinik

daydream

Banned
Ive always known the name as Paperinik which was why the reboot shortened his name to PK

Seems like that's the Italian name that was only used for the videogame. US peeps should mostly know him as Duck Avenger (according to Google).

Phantomias is the German name aka the GOAT name.

I swear I sometimes feel that I'm the only human being that seem to have played and own a copy of Ducktales 2

I own it.

Lijik

US people shouldnt know him at all because the Duck Avenger comic was a three month thing in Disney Adventures way past when the mag was relevant that they never brought up again. They didnt even bother rebranding the ps2 PK game when it was brought over

Im pretty sure Paperinik is straight up what hes called in Italy though? Its a combination of the italian word for duck and Diabolik which was popular at the time he was made.
EDIT- oh i think i misread the post. My excuse is its been a long day

Seems like that's the Italian name that was only used for the videogame. US peeps should mostly know him as Duck Avenger (according to Google).

Phantomias is the German name aka the GOAT name.
Paperinik and Phantomias.. In Finnish he's called Taikaviitta which literally means Magic Cape. Not only is the name boring as fuck, it's also entirely inaccurate since there's nothing magical or supernatural about him.

Yo if any duders are going to EGX tomorrow, I shall be there also, so if you see a dude with a Zelda bag and Gamebomb.RU tshirt be sure to give me an awkward hello.

Alternatively you can say nothing and just post about it here, like a creeper.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Such a good game. Will probably be super fun watching the crew play this.

Yeah, Avalon is the best. I brought my box in and I think this'll be a great group to play it with. Unfortunately, I ALWAYS seem to pull a good card when I play and all I want is to be a god damn heel.

daydream

Banned
Yeah, Avalon is the best. I brought my box in and I think this'll be a great group to play it with. Unfortunately, I ALWAYS seem to pull a good card when I play and all I want is to be a god damn heel.

Oh, did you bring it up? That's great, I've never played it but it sounds really fun. Looking forward to it!

Xater

Last year I worked for Indie Boards & Cards at the board game fair her ein Essen, Germany and got some Promo cars for Avalon:

I'll be working there again this year. Should I get them again I#ll send them your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom