• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think Tabletop did a game or two of resistance and it was great, so I can't wait.

Wunder

I never really got into Avalon, perhaps I didn't really play it that much but vanilla Resistance is my fucking jam. I think playing a few games of that first is core to understanding the mechanics of Avalon, especially if they start using the optional mechanics.

Xater

I never really got into Avalon, perhaps I didn't really play it that much but vanilla Resistance is my fucking jam. I think playing a few games of that first is core to understanding the mechanics of Avalon, especially if they start using the optional mechanics.

I enjoy Avalon more because of the different characters. The Resistance expansions make that game come closer to Avalon btw.

Wunder

I enjoy Avalon more because of the different characters. The Resistance expansions make that game come closer to Avalon btw.

Ah, ok that's cool. My tabletop group was out for the summer break but we should be meeting back up soon, hopefully we can explore more of it.

I prefer one night werewolf people get too stressed out about resistance

THATS THE BEST PART

justjim89

Did Dan say anything really objectionable on the Bombcast this week? A lot of my people I follow on tumblr are bitching about him crossing some sort of line with something he said, but I don't recall anything of note, aside from the dating advice and his "Follow your dreams, don't give up" thing.

Did Dan say anything really objectionable on the Bombcast this week? A lot of my people I follow on tumblr are bitching about him crossing some sort of line with something he said, but I don't recall anything of note, aside from the dating advice and his "Follow your dreams, don't give up" thing.

He mentions downing three cheese packets from kraft mac & cheese boxes at once.

Myggen

His comment about just giving a baby away if he got one "by mistake"? :p I can't imagine that anyone would take that comment seriously, it was clearly in jest.

steadfast

Are they against amphibian coital rights? Because there's talk of frogs that are fuckin'

Maybe it was the pet thing. Adopting a dog, keeping it for a day, then giving it away. I don't know. I guess it's kind of reprehensible, but coming from Dan, it just kind of seemed like "yeah...good thing he didn't keep that dog...or the second one".

He said he had to pick glass out of his ass once.

People getting mad at Dan over something he says is like getting upset at your drunk uncle for some bullshit he said between drinks 7 and 8. At some point, you need to know who you're dealing with.

Myggen

Maybe it was the pet thing. Adopting a dog, keeping it for a day, then giving it away. I don't know. I guess it's kind of reprehensible, but coming from Dan, it just kind of seemed like "yeah...good thing he didn't keep that dog...or the second one".

I wouldn't call that "reprehensible". If anything it seems like a good thing to be able to see quickly that you're not the right person for that responsibility, It's not like he threw them out on the street or anything, he gave them away to other people. I know far too many people who have kept pets that they have no interest in, and those animal must have a horrible life.

He said he had to pick glass out of his ass once.

People getting mad at Dan over something he says is like getting upset at your drunk uncle for some bullshit he said between drinks 7 and 8. At some point, you need to know who you're dealing with.

You know what you're getting with a college story from Dan ;)

Life is a series of dogs.

That said, he tried, it didn't work, good for him for realizing it....and the second time. And the 3rd with the cat.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
His comment about just giving a baby away if he got one "by mistake"? :p I can't imagine that anyone would take that comment seriously, it was clearly in jest.
Danny telling people to abort the conversation afterwards was amazing.

justjim89

Oh nevermind. People are mad that a straight white dude said if you work hard and don't give up you can achieve your goals, because it apparently dismisses the inherent white privilege he was born with.

Fucking tumblr. Taking sound advice that could be helpful to anyone at all and putting spin on it.

KingKong

Oh nevermind. People are mad that a straight white dude said if you work hard and don't give up you can achieve your goals, because it apparently dismisses the inherent white privilege he was born with.

Fucking tumblr. Taking sound advice that could be helpful to anyone at all and putting spin on it.

I think your problem is following people on tumblr

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know, I still think WWE is pretty great. A stacked roster, better quality wrestling on TV week to week than perhaps ever before, some interesting story threads, and an incredibly bright future to look forward to.
I try to come back with every major PPV and after watching an episode of RAW, I just give up and wait for the next show. It's way too tedious to follow every week nowadays.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Well, to be fair, talking about getting a job after the "controversy" of his hiring earlier in the year was probably going to be a minefield anyway.

Rapstah

I wish I was as positive about WWE as Giancarlo. It's like, I don't even really dislike anything he likes. He has like fifty things about WWE he likes and I have like one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish I was as positive about WWE as Giancarlo. It's like, I don't even really dislike anything he likes. He has like fifty things about WWE he likes and I have like one.
I can't even like the WWE Network because they decided not to bring it to Canada. lol

GavinGT

Banned

He said mac and cheese was objectively the best food ever, which sent HotColdman on a tirade.

GavinGT

Banned
I guess they have those containers of macaroni salad. Not really the same as the disgusting powdery cheese crap though. lol

It still gets the Ryckert seal of approval.

yLqrAJU.png

popo

Well, to be fair, talking about getting a job after the "controversy" of his hiring earlier in the year was probably going to be a minefield anyway.

He was referring to getting a start in the industry. He just kept plugging away and pestering until some fool hired him.

I think the way Dan did it differently to a lot of people complaining about the lack of job prospects today is that he took a call centre job and wrote reviews in his spare time. The way people seem to go about it now is to write as a job and then complain nobody is willing to pay them for it.

It still gets the Ryckert seal of approval.

what exactly am i looking at? Are those napkins with skid marks on them?

I would unfollow, defriend and slash tires for the folks getting pissy about what Dan got into with dogs on the podcast. Jesus H Christ. He didn't murder a dog. He didn't leave a dog chained up outside. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET MAD ABOUT.

I've had 3 dogs at my parents and 3 dogs in my adult life, all rescues. Come at me.

Rapstah

I'm guessing the amount of people being mad about people being mad about Dan and dogs are now more people than those who are mad about Dan and dogs.

I feel like most of my posts in this thread are structured like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom