• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Oh nevermind. People are mad that a straight white dude said if you work hard and don't give up you can achieve your goals, because it apparently dismisses the inherent white privilege he was born with.

Fucking tumblr. Taking sound advice that could be helpful to anyone at all and putting spin on it.

What a completely absurd thing to get upset about.

I am going to find the download URL this time dammit!

I just need to make a script to run all possible characters contained in these 4 here...

Code:
mc_metalgearscanlon_10_****_1800.mp4

I just need to learn how to write code first... should be done in about 6 hours.

Oh nevermind. People are mad that a straight white dude said if you work hard and don't give up you can achieve your goals, because it apparently dismisses the inherent white privilege he was born with.

Fucking tumblr. Taking sound advice that could be helpful to anyone at all and putting spin on it.

Really? That happened?

The internet is real dumb these days.

hamchan

Hearing how Dan wrote like 600 reviews for free while he was working as a tech support guy because he really wanted to become a games journalist made my respect levels for him increase.

Also hearing about Danny trying for 5 years, getting rejected twice, giving up and then receiving the call just at the last minute, well that makes me sad it took so long because it's so apparent the dude has charisma oozing out of him.

Hearing how Dan wrote like 600 reviews for free while he was working as a tech support guy because he really wanted to become a games journalist made my respect levels for him increase.

That story got to me, as I wrote probably 400 reviews and 2000 news items in the last 10ish years, and made multiple approaches to outlets, but never got anywhere. I'll admit my early reviews and news stories were horrible, but I fully believe I got better in recent years, I've pretty much gave up now, so I am the other side of the story to Dan and Danny

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought the way Dan handled the pets thing was pretty good actually. If you can't give them the love and care they deserve then it's best to give them to someone who does instead of keeping them for the sake of keeping them.

Dan should never have a kid though. For reals.

Brashnir

That story got to me, as I wrote probably 400 reviews and 2000 news items in the last 10ish years, and made multiple approaches to outlets, but never got anywhere. I'll admit my early reviews and news stories were horrible, but I fully believe I got better in recent years, I've pretty much gave up now, so I am the other side of the story to Dan and Danny

Are you a white male? Because that's impossible if you're a white male.

Nephrahim

I remember a reddit showerthought that was talking about how people who are famous are by nature going to be bias toward positive outcomes because that's what they got. Sure they had hardship and worked hard to get where they were, but you don't hear about the people who worked hard and DIDN'T get where they were. So when you hear "You can do anything if you work hard at it." you're only getting the side of the story from the people who did. It's a dark way of looking at it, but it is an interesting perspective.

Like, Danny goofed off through his College Degree, but I bet you someone somewhere tried the exact same thing, but had much more strict Teachers, failed out, and is working in a Burger King. But he's not on the Bombcast to tell people that story.

CrazyDude

I remember a reddit showerthought that was talking about how people who are famous are by nature going to be bias toward positive outcomes because that's what they got. Sure they had hardship and worked hard to get where they were, but you don't hear about the people who worked hard and DIDN'T get where they were. So when you hear "You can do anything if you work hard at it." you're only getting the side of the story from the people who did. It's a dark way of looking at it, but it is an interesting perspective.

Like, Danny goofed off through his College Degree, but I bet you someone somewhere tried the exact same thing, but had much more strict Teachers, failed out, and is working in a Burger King. But he's not on the Bombcast to tell people that story.

Life is always part skill and part luck.

Daylight

Read your post then looked at your avatar, it made me sad.

I hope they finish MGS before he goes away. It would be so cruel to make us wait three weeks to see the last episode.

If they finish up before Drew goes away, I hope they at least aim to get the Tanker section of MGS2 done. I can understand that leaving a game for a few weeks mid-game could be awkard, but I really want to see Drew's reaction to MGS2 following on almost straight away from the first game.

Plus coming back after a break at the start of Big Shell
although I imagine Drew already knows about the bait and switch.

The Dan and Drew odd couple is great but I hope Jeff or Brad sits in on a episode of Demo Derby one of these weeks.

I bet Jeff would have some cool insights on the random industry bullshit of the late 90's

Dragon

Banned
I would unfollow, defriend and slash tires for the folks getting pissy about what Dan got into with dogs on the podcast. Jesus H Christ. He didn't murder a dog. He didn't leave a dog chained up outside. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET MAD ABOUT.

I've had 3 dogs at my parents and 3 dogs in my adult life, all rescues. Come at me.

Seems like you get mad about stupid people on the Internet.

Tucah

you speak so well
The Dan and Drew odd couple is great but I hope Jeff or Brad sits in on a episode of Demo Derby one of these weeks.

I bet Jeff would have some cool insights on the random industry bullshit of the late 90's

I'm hoping Drew's absence next month will push Jeff or Brad or Jason to join Dan for some premium content.

Cool to see Fibbage is being QLed tomorrow. It looked liked they had so much fun playing it on UPF (so much so, I bought it). For those interested, the game is only 6.99 for PS3 and PS4 (where it is cross-buy) and XB1. It's also free on Amazon Fire TV.

So, after watching it, I realized the whole set up for the game (using phones/tablets/laptops as controllers and personal screens) would work very well with a Cards Against Humanity digital game. Not sure if it'd pass cert for consoles though, due to content.

daydream

Banned
Cool to see Fibbage is being QLed tomorrow. It looked liked they had so much fun playing it on UPF (so much so, I bought it). For those interested, the game is only 6.99 for PS3 and PS4 (where it is cross-buy) and XB1. It's also free on Amazon Fire TV.

So, after watching it, I realized the whole set up for the game (using phones/tablets/laptops as controllers and personal screens) would work very well with a Cards Against Humanity digital game. Not sure if it'd pass cert for consoles though, due to content.

There's no random matchmaking, right? You'd have to share a lobby code with a group?

There's no random matchmaking, right? You'd have to share a lobby code with a group?

I would imagine matchmaking could (and maybe should) be added in to Fibbage. In fact, I don't know why they don't do that now. I get it that the point is for it to be a party game for people in the same room, but I think random matchmaking would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom