• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
2722657-ham.png

I dont see MGS3 happening until after March once games top happening again.

Things quiet down release wise a bunch in April and May. Its pretty much just the Witcher 3.

That is unless MGS5 is announced for June in which case I can see them rushing through 3 and 4.

I dont see MGS3 happening until after March once games top happening again.

Things quiet down release wise a bunch in April and May. Its pretty much just the Witcher 3.

That is unless MGS5 is announced for June in which case I can see them rushing through 3 and 4.

Mortal Kombat scrub league!!

Kinda sucks it's looking like it'll be a long while until MGS3 but at least the other content has been superb.

The reaction should be fun since Drew might likely forget the controls and stuff but iirc the controls changed in this one so it might be a good thing (due to not having much hangups)

I have played it and it's bog standard 3rd person cover based shooting with lots of cinematic bullshit. Nothing I have not seen at least half a dozen times already. All the game has is that it's really pretty.

You see, now that's an opinion I can respect. It just seems today (with more than games), people judge things without experiencing them. Case in point, while I'm not someone who enjoys anime (I've tried), Dan's (now former?) hatred of anime is (was?) ridiculous, especially when he revealed he had never seen any anime. He seemed to enjoy Akira. Funny, huh? I'll probably enjoy The Order very much. I hope it's a good game. Though I won't say it's a good game. I won't know until I play it.

jgminto

The Order is just one of those things that people will know whether they want or not already. It will probably be a competent enough cover based third person shooter, it might even be the tightest implementation of that cover system in a video game but a lot of people got their fill of that last generation. They already know they don't want that kind of experience any more. So unless The Order has some super secret element that nobody knows about, it's pretty safe to assume already if it's something you'd enjoy or not if you've had any experience with the genre.

Luke_Wal

In terms of entertainment and actual value, that Evolve QL was really up there with the best of them. Lots of fun, and super informative.

I agree! I just watched it a little while ago and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The Dan + Mary combo worked incredibly well, and of course the Vinny, Alex, Brad, and Jeff over voice chat only brought good things. Heartily recommend it.

Egg0

Banned
We need a good meltdown once in a while. Although there's at least two possibilities at the moment.

Gaming side: The Order gets panned or one really bad review.

Off-topic: Dylan whatshisname isn't cast as Spiderman.

What possible reason could you have to want something to review badly?

Did you miss the Driveclub meltdowns and general denial of fans? The Order is well...the ace in the hole right now for Sony fans. Now, don't get me wrong, my best friend is a PS4, but good drama outweighs do-good stories.

They didn't change that much. 3 basically just adds CQC to 2's controls.

hmmm

wasn't he bad at the stealth interrogation/kill stuff (still haven't fully watched MGScanlon 2 yet)

What possible reason could you have to want something to review badly?

because either ways its gonna cause a show (i.e if it reviews poorly to average he continues to be irrelevant or if he liked it he will be praised, even after being ridiculed for a previous review.

Curious to see which side it lands...assuming he's gonna review it

I hope he does, he reviewed Driveclub after all.

Should be interesting given Jeff's taste and the atmosphere surrounding that game

Teddified

I find the whole thing boring and just annoying honestly. I just don't really care for meltdowns much nor do I care for all the people hoping for something to be bad just for comedy. It kinda just derails things into bickering.

All I care for is a game I can enjoy and I find worth my time, I guess I just lost interest in the "drama".

hamchan

I guess I care more about playing good games than drama. If I want to watch people melt down over frivolous shit I'll watch Total Divas.

erawsd

Jeff is easily the biggest fan of shooters, he loved Gears of War, so this seems like a "Jeff game" for review. Although hes not into serious cinematic atorytelling, so I could see Brad reviewing it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom