• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Giant Bomb gives The Order really isn't important. What's important is what Polygon gives The Order, and what they later revise it down to be.

Holy crap so in the Tetris video, I'm pretty sure Dan is experience a Zen-like state during the Rensa mode. He's got the look that time is going slow for him and he's seeing beyond Nirvana.

Myggen

[Intro x2]
Everything black, I don't want black
I want everything black, I ain't need black
Some white, some black, I ain't mean black
I want everything black

[Bridge]
Six in the morn', fire in the street
Burn, baby, burn, that's all I wanna see
And sometimes I get off watchin' you die in vain
It's such a shame they may call me crazy
They may say I suffer from schizophrenia or somethin'
But homie, you made me
Black don't crack, my nigga

[Verse 1]
I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015
Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean
Been feeling this way since I was 16, came to my senses
You never liked us anyway, fuck your friendship, I meant it
I'm African-American, I'm African
I'm black as the moon, heritage of a small village
Pardon my residence
Came from the bottom of mankind
My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide
You hate me don't you?
You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture
You're fuckin' evil I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey
You vandalize my perception but can't take style from me
And this is more than confession
I mean I might press the button just so you know my discretion
I'm guardin' my feelings, I know that you feel it
You sabotage my community, makin' a killin'
You made me a killer, emancipation of a real nigga

[Pre-Hook]
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
The blacker the berry, the bigger I shoot

[Hook: Assassin]
I said they treat me like a slave, cah' me black
Woi, we feel a whole heap of pain, cah' we black
And man a say they put me in a chain, cah' we black
Imagine now, big gold chain full of rocks
How you no see the whip, left scars pon' me back
But now we have a big whip, parked pon' the block
All them say we doomed from the start, cah' we black
Remember this, every race start from the Black, just remember that

[Verse 2]
Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean
I mean, it's evident that I'm irrelevant to society
That's what you're telling me, penitentiary would only hire me
Curse me till I'm dead
Church me with your fake prophesizing that I'mma be just another slave in my head
Institutionalize manipulation and lies
Reciprocation of freedom only live in your eyes
You hate me don't you?
I know you hate me just as much as you hate yourself
Jealous of my wisdom and cards I dealt
Watchin' me as I pull up, fill up my tank, then peel out
Muscle cars like pull ups, show you what these big wheels 'bout, ah
Black and successful, this black man meant to be special
CAT scans on my radar bitch, how can I help you?
How can I tell you I'm making a killin'?
You made me a killer, emancipation of a real nigga

[Pre-Hook]

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
When I finish this if you listenin' then sure you will agree
This plot is bigger than me, it's generational hatred
It's genocism, it's grimy, little justification
I'm African-American, I'm African
I'm black as the heart of a fuckin' Aryan
I'm black as the name of Tyrone and Darius
Excuse my French but fuck you — no, fuck y'all
That's as blunt as it gets, I know you hate me, don't you?
You hate my people, I can tell cause it's threats when I see you
I can tell cause your ways deceitful
Know I can tell because you're in love with that Desert Eagle
Thinkin' maliciously, he get a chain then you gone bleed him
It's funny how Zulu and Xhosa might go to war
Two tribal armies that want to build and destroy
Remind me of these Compton Crip gangs that live next door
Beefin' with Pirus, only death settle the score
So don't matter how much I say I like to preach with the Panthers
Or tell Georgia State "Marcus Garvey got all the answers"
Or try to celebrate February like it's my B-Day
Or eat watermelon, chicken, and Kool-Aid on weekdays
Or jump high enough to get Michael Jordan endorsements
Or watch BET cause urban support is important
So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street?
When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?
Hypocrite!

[Outro]

Hoo boy so I just stumbled across teh Order ending on Youtube..I'm gonna go hide in a bunker. Just.....I'm just not gonna talk about the Order after this until release.

I just watched it and I'll temper my comments by saying... that obviously I am just a cynical online message board nerd who has not played this game and is judging this by a YouTube video of the ending, which is completely and totally unfair to the hard work done by the folks at Ready at Dawn, who are real world folks who set out to create a unique world and style with breathtaking, groundbreaking visuals that will undoubtedly serve as a benchmark for digital artistry for some time, and that they should be proud to ship a product, and not denigrated by online whining.

That said, Jesus Christ in heaven was that the most unoriginal thing I have ever seen. Every single line of dialogue was a cliche, and the closest thing to gameplay that happens is stolen from two far superior videogames who did them much better.

Massa

The sustenance of delicious salty tears of fanboys mad about a video game review is truly it's own reward.

And then there's the salty tears of Giant Bomb fanboys who get mad when anyone would dare post a disagreeing comment about something anyone in the crew says.

I just watched it and I'll temper my comments by saying... that obviously I am just a cynical online message board nerd who has not played this game and is judging this by a YouTube video of the ending, which is completely and totally unfair to the hard work done by the folks at Ready at Dawn, who are real world folks who set out to create a unique world and style with breathtaking, groundbreaking visuals that will undoubtedly serve as a benchmark for digital artistry for some time, and that they should be proud to ship a product, and not denigrated by online whining.

That said, Jesus Christ in heaven was that the most unoriginal thing I have ever seen. Every single line of dialogue was a cliche, and the closest thing to gameplay that happens is stolen from two far superior videogames who did them much better.

EmCee.....I said I wouldn't talk about it. So I won't. So let's just say you don't like the coffee you're drinking, and it just so happens I agree with you on that coffee you're drinking.

Okay, let's not actually spoil anything because that would legit be mean and rude. Maybe back off of it until after launch, and use spoiler bars.

Scizzy

This is such bullshit. As far as I could tell, anything that was compelling was stolen from one game, not two ;)

I just feel so bad for the guys on the technical side, because, man, those are some impressive graphics that seem to be supported by absolutely nothing on the written or mechanical end.

people are saying it's like 3-4 hours long

oh dear

I dont think its that short.

After doing a little research and looking briefly at a youtube lets play playlist the game has
chapters and the walkthrough I peaked at takes almost bang on 2 hours to hit chapter 6

My guess is the game is around the 7-8 hour mark. Kind of a bog standard length.

jgminto

I can think of the first but what's the second?

The final boss itself is the Krauser QTE fight from RE4, except instead of being fast paced and tense and unforgiving it seems kind of slow and boring but you can, uh, target one of two points sometimes and dodge left and right sometimes

The final QTE is a lame version of the ending to The Boss fight in MGS3.

jgminto

The final boss itself is the Krauser QTE fight from RE4, except instead of being fast paced and tense and unforgiving it seems kind of slow and boring but you can, uh, target one of two points sometimes and dodge left and right sometimes

Ah, that explains it. I still need to get around to playing the first. I got the second one right.

yeah it looks like that playlist isn't complete, the ending was uploaded before some of the other chapters.

even if it's 8 hours long and looks beautiful, I can't find any reason to actually care about another cover shooter with terrible story. this is going to be Driveclub pt2

The Order seems like they just made Gears of War again, but forgot to innovate on anything besides the tech.

also, ending gameplay spoilers:
the strongest case for "please make QTEs go away" I have ever seen

It made me think of the end of Halo 4, which is not something you want to be reminiscent to.

valeo

Is it the developers of the Order's fault that the gaming media and people surrounding it hyped it up to a level where it was never going to hit?

Never understood why people were so interested in it. It looked bog-standard.

Is it the developers of the Order's fault that the gaming media and people surrounding it hyped it up to a level where it was never going to hit?

Never understood why people were so interested in it. It looked bog-standard.

Games media hype? I felt like everyone in the press has been
deservingly
shitting on it ever since they first showed some gameplay.

Kind of a shame the gameplay isnt there because the setting seems interesting and it is pretty in that muddy Killzone 2 sort of way.

Patryn

So as someone who has mild interest in possibly eventually getting The Order and not being spoiled, when will it be safe to come back to this thread?

I think The Order is secretly a rorschach test and all I see is spilled ink. I feel left out not having strong options for or against it. I have strong opinions on Bujingai for crying out loud.

Spoiler for the greatest dumb game on the PS2, besides Bujingai. Related to The Order.

Based on his comment, Gungrave.

Sadly neither can be found on a demo dvd. There's Chain Dive on OPM 79. Doesn't have the official likeness of Gackt but it is equally incomprehensible. Boy, you know Taito came at Gackt hard when Kojima only got him for the Metal Gear Solid 2 advertisements and a dog tag.

BLACK BARS GO RIGHT HERE DO NOT UNSPOIL!!!
This is the only proper way to speak of the Order.
I don't see its appeal.
Can hardly wait for the QL, nontheless.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't see its appeal.

Jokes on you, they're white bars in the dark theme!

Scizzy

I don't see its appeal.

Filmic post, iconic hat on your avatar: you have modern gaming locked down.

Random Question.

When was the first time they played Battle Tetris on camera? Its been a few years.

Also I guess someone took the Neo Geo home because Windjammers hasnt been seen in a bit.

Gamespot USED to have a RealAudio archive of the concert (audio only, natch) because I listened to it probably a half-dozen times in '99/2000. I sometimes lie awake at night hoping and praying that the amber-frozen time-locked FTP Jeff found on Gamespot's servers still has that file and it will one day return to us.

Someone should ask him to take a look for it over Tumblr. You never know......

Megasoum

Banned
Watching UPF... I KNEW the moment that Dan started to unwrap the N64 controller it would be another fucking wrestling game...ugghhh.... Time to skip forward I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom