• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Dude no one got time to steam milk.

Fuckin seriously. I burn my mouth every morning cuss I aint got time for my coffee to cool down. Straight from the carafe into my stomach. I set my alarm so I only have enough time to make it to work by exactly at 8:00. Lets do this shit.

Supreme looks pretty bad, but it wierdly made me want a GTA mod that adds a fully-featured pizza sidegame. Delivering the pizzas, defending the resturaunt from mobsters, burning down rival pizza places...

I want this.

Myggen

In case you missed it, Jeff and Dave's PAX panel is on GB Unarchived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1db5yJXCQDw

spoilers: The Ricker is finally unmasked.

We've known that The Ricker was Brendan Ducousso almost since he first appeard! :) But yeah, that's a good listen.

whats really messed up is that people in America pour cold milk/creamer in their coffee instead of mixing it with steamed milk like the rest of the civilized world

That's what I see people do here in Norway too, at least at home. I take my coffee as black as I can get it, so I don't have to deal with any of that nonsense.

Zebetite

Banned
I decided to go ahead and spoil myself on what games are on the upcoming demo disc, and I'll list them here for posterity!

Demos:
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Star Wars Battlefront
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Asterix and Obelix: Kick Buttix
Second Sight
Spy Fiction

Trailers:
Metal Gear Solid 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Neo Contra
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Call of Duty
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup

Features:
Playboy: The Mansion (Inside The Game)
Gamer Profile
Playstation @ E3
Gran Turismo 4

Excited for
inevitable MGS3 hype
, vaguely interested in seeing how
Second Sight
holds up, expecting
Dan to ask "What the hell is Shin Megoomi Tensei?" and Jeff to give a lukewarm response.

Should be a fun video.

daydream

Banned
I don't drink coffee. Black tea with milk all day e'rry day.

I should probably try some milk-based coffee products some day.

I don't drink coffee. Black tea with milk all day e'rry day.

I should probably try some milk-based coffee products some day.

Good coffee can be really good. I honestly don't even know why I'm drinking this stuff we have at my workplace, it's more out of habit than anything. Feels good to have a warm cup on my desk.

Myggen

Good coffee can be really good. I honestly don't even know why I'm drinking this stuff we have at my workplace, it's more out of habit than anything. Feels good to have a warm cup on my desk.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. The coffee at my work is some of the worst coffee I've ever had, but I drink about 5-6 cups every day. I actually rarely drink coffee outside of work, so the only coffee I normally get is this awful shit.

I can already feel that today is going to be a bad coffee day for me. I still feel slightly hungover. This is not going to be a productive work day.

daydream

Banned

You know, I do like the general flavour of coffee but drinking it, it's just too strong/bitter for me (hence the milk in my tea, so good~).

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. The coffee at my work is some of the worst coffee I've ever had, but I drink about 5-6 cups every day. I actually rarely drink coffee outside of work, so the only coffee I normally get is this awful shit.
I make coffee at home during weekends, which just serves as a reminder of how things could be.
You know, I do like the general flavour of coffee but drinking it, it's just too strong/bitter for me (hence the milk in my tea, so good~).
The best thing about good coffee is that it doesn't really need to that bitter at all. Especially if you drink it as a latte or something.

The Black Blood of the Earth stuff I've seen on Tested just sounds awful to me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good coffee doesn't even need milk.

When I used to commute to place with a really good coffee house I would try out different beans to taste the different flavours.

jgminto

I'm strictly white coffee no sugar so far. I love the strong taste of unsweetened coffee but also love the smoothness of a good frothed milk coffee. Plus I can drink it quicker.

Antiwhippy

Sugar in coffee is pretty disgusting to me. It doesn't mask any bitterness, you just get this sweet/bitter combination that tastes terrible.

Wtf, I go to sleep for a couple of hours and when I come back the thread turned into a Will Smith wet dream.
59430-47171-oculus_test.jpg

Shiiit that news about The Order is a bummer. I have no problem with short games but short games and lots of cut scenes for full price? Hmmm. Thinking maybe I should cancel my pre-order.

Im keeping my preorder. Im not too bothered about the shorter length, to be honest I'm a bit down on gaming at the moment so having a nice quick game would actually be pretty good. I managed to get an ok price as well, might have been different if I paid the full £50.

Still crazy how Matt Kessler went from Playing Farmville to a TPP employee at Sony Computer Entertainment America

Also Kessler , John Drake , Boyes & Dan Hsu in a team is crazy

I'm looking forward to The Order being this generation's The Bouncer.

I actually liked the bouncer and played through it like 3-4 times but that might also have been due to having nothing else to play on my PS2 when it launched

demidar

I'm looking forward to The Order being this generation's The Bouncer.

I actually liked the bouncer and played through it like 3-4 times but that might also have been due to having nothing else to play on my PS2 when it launched

That was me too. It was even worse for me because I didn't have a memory card so I couldn't use the New Game+ feature.

Most impressions list the Order at around 8-10 hours long which seems perfectly acceptable, with the 5 hour playthrough coming from someone sprinting through the game on easy. I'd rather have an intensely focused experience than one that pads out the gameplay with boring open areas with nothing to do but pick up 1 of 143 cigarette packs.

Although I'm one who has always thought of games as one of the best time/value propositions even for shorter games.

Megasoum

Banned
Speaking of Tested... I was listening to the latest podcast during my commute this morning.

They were talking about how iDARB is amazing and that it will go full on eSport soon...

Full discolure Tested are actually in the game and it's made by one of their friend....

Sigh....

Antiwhippy

See, I don't really like paying full price for games that won't at least give me 20 hours +.

Which is why I don't mind paying full price for 3DS games because the ones I buy go for over 40 hours.

Wunder

Speaking of Tested... I was listening to the latest podcast during my commute this morning.

They were talking about how iDARB is amazing and that it will go full on eSport soon...

Full discolure Tested are actually in the game and it's made by one of their friend....

Sigh....

Why is that a sigh? They disclosed it and just gave their opinion on it. I don't really see the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom