• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am having a good laugh about being impressed by Medal of Honor Frontline.

Released in the same year:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Soldier of Fortune 2
No One Lives Forever 2

Hell on consoles there even was Red Faction 2 and Timesplitters 2.

Red Faction 2 was a dumb game. Frontline is honestly pretty damn good for a console shooter of its era.

Xater

Red Faction 2 was a dumb game. Frontline is honestly pretty damn good for a console shooter of its era.

Frontline sucked. I'd rather play Ref Faction 2 which was weaker than the first game. And all those PC titles are way better.

Also I could get higher scores without cheating at THPS3.

16958_front.jpg

Frontline sucked. I'd rather play Ref Faction 2 which was weaker than the first game. And all those PC titles are way better.

saying PC FPS from 2002 are better than those on consoles at the same time isn't really an earth-shattering statement.

Frontline was basically the final evolution of the original form of the MoH games and Allied Assault was military FPS moving into the next phase.

outdated gameplay aside, Frontline still manages to look pretty decent despite its age.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Given that people here probably imported a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I figured I'd try asking - does anyone happen to have a playasia coupon that they're not using?

Xater

Always fun to look these old games up. Ace Combat 5 reviewed by Greg Kassavin. It seems like ever game from that era you find a review by someone related to GB.

Xater

Oh right Americans don't know Asterix and Obelix. So weird because it's huge here. I still love the film with the 12 challenges they had to beat.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh right Americans don't know Asterix and Obelix. So weird because it's huge here. I still love the film with the 12 challenges they had to beat.

Fuck yes, Astérix is a legendary comic! Really really big in Québec. I grew up reading Astérix and Tintin.

Les 12 travaux and Astérix et Cléopâtres are 2 classic movies.

daydream

Banned

I'm not a huge fan or anything but Asterix und Kleopatra is my favourite. I'll take the comics over the animated films any day of the week, though.

Xater

Fuck yes, Astérix is a legendary comic! Really really big in Québec. I grew up reading Astérix and Tintin.

Les 12 travaux and Astérix et Cléopâtres are 2 classic movies.

Yeah makes sense that it's also big in Canada I guess. Or is it just Quebec? Here in Germany I grew up with a lot of French/Belgian comics and their adaptations Asterix, Tintin, Spirou and Marsupilami.

I'm not a huge fan or anything but Asterix und Kleopatra is my favourite. I'll take the comics over the animated films any day of the week, though.

I agree the comics are better but the film I mentioned is not based on a comic. Probably why I like it so much.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah makes sense that it's also big in Canada I guess. Or is it just Quebec? Here in Germany I grew up with a lot of French/Belgian comics and their adaptations Asterix, Tintin, Spirou and Marsupilami.

I agree the comics are better but the film I mentioned is not based on a comic. Probably why I like it so much.

Well it's popular in Québec because of the large french speaking population. I doubt it's too big outside of Québec.

And are you talking about the live action Cleopatra movie or the cartoon? Both are great and it's the only good live action Astérix movie.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Remember these guys?

feature_Iletait.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom