• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah makes sense that it's also big in Canada I guess. Or is it just Quebec? Here in Germany I grew up with a lot of French/Belgian comics and their adaptations Asterix, Tintin, Spirou and Marsupilami.

Gaston, too. I need to look that up again, it's been at least a decade since I last read one.

I looked up the guy that painted the controller on his face on Twitter. His profile picture is great. He does a podcast for a website called Big Red Potion. I may have to listen to that later today.

Edit: Oh shit, he follows the Giant Bomb guys on Twitter. That's hilarious. I bet he'll get a good laugh out of Demo Derby.

Lelcar

"Eventually one of these is going to take all day"

-Jeff Gerstmann

It sounds like Jeff has made himself a permanent member of Demo Derby now and that excites me.

I looked up the guy that painted the controller on his face on Twitter. His profile picture is great. He does a podcast for a website called Big Red Potion. I may have to listen to that later today.

Dude, good find! Following now.
Also, I thought Sandra Mitchell was super cute.

I think a lot of dumb Americans (like me) actually recognize Asterix despite never having read the comics or even knowing their names. For some reason they'd show up in ads in comic books and magazines etc.

also Robot Alchemic Drive fucking owns and I've been trying to find a reasonably priced copy for a while now.

Xater

Remember these guys?

feature_Iletait.jpg

I sure do.

Gaston, too. I need to look that up again, it's been at least a decade since I last read one.

Yeah Gaston was great as well. For some reason I also forgot to mention Lucky Luke.

Quentyn

Edit: Oh shit, he follows the Giant Bomb guys on Twitter. That's hilarious. I bet he'll get a good laugh out of Demo Derby.

Heh, glad I am not only one who looks up people that appear in the videos. One of the Lucas Arts guys is now creative director on Halo 5.

Anjin M

I think a lot of dumb Americans (like me) actually recognize Asterix despite never having read the comics or even knowing their names. For some reason they'd show up in ads in comic books and magazines etc.

The only reason I recognize Asterix is because of my years of high school French.

EDIT: Why can't it be Tuesday yet? I really want to see Vinny play Sunless Sea.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
"I feel ba..I'm sure that Mr. Longo is a pretty nice man.
YAARRR"

That seriously made me laugh so hard I almost choked. Damn Jeff.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
What a brilliant Demo Derby. The video parts are just so much better than the actual games.

"A lot of people's main goal in life is to actually go to the Playboy mansion."

The Second Sight game they played was way better than they remembered or than it demonstrated. I remember liking that a lot (it was very similar to Psi-Ops).

Demo Derby got 2x better when they revealed that they recorded that at 7 pm. Probably a good "what am I doing with my life" moment.

Edit: What am I watching. I'm actually part of this whole thing since I'm watching the same thing they did only at 9pm.

William

Loving this episode of Demo Derby. I hope they do go back and do some earlier ones. Maybe try some PC ones for a change of pace.

Myggen

His second comment was pretty great too:

@danryckert: Yep. I've refused to watch this video for the past ten years because I know it's so amazingly bad. Watching this video will be my first time seeing it since 2004.Holy shit.

Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom