• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjack

Banned
Alex and Vinny have become a pretty great combo too. Some of the funniest moments in these videos are set-up by Alex, and he's the best straight man at GiantBomb.

For some reason, I just want them to host a podcast while exploring the ocean depths via a sinking submarine like they did in Subnautica.

Vinny/Patrick was the secret best QL combination. Then Patrick moved away and it wasn't likely to happen anymore. Then Vinny moved as well and it was super not likely to happen anymore. Then Patrick moved away even more. :(

Myggen

Update from Joe DeLia on the site, aka. the thumbnail on the latest Demo Derby:

Joe DeLia here.

Just watched my G.A.P. video for the first time since 2004. Holy shit what a hot nightmare. The best part of all of this is a co-worker saw me freaking out about my face being on the site before so I'm pretty sure everyone I know will be watching this horror in the next few days.

Honor to be a (dubious) part of site content though! Glad you "enjoyed" it @danryckert!

Jintor

the best QL combo was, and always will be, Ryan/Vinny.

0205_pvsbq.gif

Majine

Banned
I love Dan as well, and it dawned on me during their Smash QL that he serves an important purpose as well, since no one else in that office seems to care for it.

It seems like he still does production work, like setting up the equipment and all that. And stuff at events. But it's mostly Jason in the control room.

I think Drew is in Vinnys role and Jason does what Drew used to do. When they were hired they said Jason would be working under Drew.

I love Dan as well, and it dawned on me during their Smash QL that he serves an important purpose as well, since no one else in that office seems to care for it.

One of my favorite moments from 2014 GOTY is when they immediately tried to force Super Smash out of the discussion for top 10 and he said "What is wrong with you people?!"

Wunder

One of my favorite moments from 2014 GOTY is when they immediately tried to force Super Smash out of the discussion for top 10 and he said "What is wrong with you people?!"

my favorite moment of 2014 GOTY is when Destiny wriggled its way into the top 10 despite 75% of the crew not wanting it there

Scizzy

My favorite was:

Dan: Ground Zeroes should win best story.
Patrick:
VAGINA BOMB
(spoiler for Ground Zeroes)
Drew: Wait, what??!?!!?? Did you say
vagina bomb
?
Brad: Congratulations Drew, now you know where this is all going.

So I have Dan to thank for that as well.

Sakwoff

I definitely warmed up to Dan.

Sometimes he says things that can rub me the wrong way. Like the whole "why would anyone give up" thing just as it became apparent how hostile games culture can be to you if you aren't, you know, a dude.

But it's never malicious or anything. And he's actually really intelligent and can be a pretty reflective guy. If he chooses to use that head of his and think an inch beyond his own nose tip that is. :D

And yeah. He's a blessing when it comes to content on the site.

Jintor

I mean i know the whole point they release and podcast the whole debate is to prove that it's all arbitrary nonsense that has no inherent value or meaning, but THERE IS A LINE

Brashnir

Important? Smash?

The Smash coverage has probably been the least interesting stuff Dan has brought to the table since he joined.

Lelcar

Due to the nature of text I can't tell who is being sarcastic, but they were totally joking when they said that on Demo Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom