• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Cara would be cool. She has great chemistry with Alex and Vinny. I hope she at least stops by more often for GBEAST content.

Same goes for Tina Amini.

Kirlia

Banned
Oof, you should probably not post that even as a "quote" of what others say. And I haven't really seen many of those people outside of Youtube comments.

I've seen it a few times on Tumblr and in the Giant Bomb chat, and it makes me furious every time. But I'll remove the quote!

Scizzy

In 2018, after Cara has really settled in and the game has been out for a few years, she and Vinny are going to have the best ER of Persona 5.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys I just unlocked the grappling hook in Dying Light and it's basicaly the Just Cause grapple and this is pretty much fucking awesome.

Lelcar

In a vacuum, popularity and success aside, I still feel that the Persona 4 Endurance Run is honestly one of the best pieces of entertainment on the entire internet. It was just the right time, the right game and the right people.

FluxWaveZ

In a vacuum, popularity and success aside, I still feel that the Persona 4 Endurance Run is honestly one of the best pieces of entertainment on the entire internet. It was just the right time, the right game and the right people.

Of course. Everything came together perfectly to bring it about—from where the site was (physically and figuratively), to GB's smaller community at the time, to the game they chose to play through—and nothing quite like it will be possible again because of that.

Megasoum

Banned
...I have never finished the endurance run.
I always lose track of my progress

I never managed to get past episode 10 or so of the ER. It just bore me to death.

Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure that the Deadly Premonition ER I watched was the Jeff/Vinny one. I could watch the other one someday.

LiK

the ability to see the animations for your coop partner in Dying Light shows how stupid you look. that kick made me laugh.

Lelcar

Of course. Everything came together perfectly to bring it about—from where the site was (physically and figuratively), to GB's smaller community at the time, to the game they chose to play through—and nothing quite like it will be possible again because of that.

Hell, I'll even go further and say that it wasn't only the right time in GB's life, but it was also the right time for the state of where the Youtube and Let's Play community was then. They started it before Minecraft came out, when Justin.tv existed and not Twitch, before LPs became such a widespread success.

Bacon

I never managed to get past episode 10 or so of the ER. It just bore me to death.

Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure that the Deadly Premonition ER I watched was the Jeff/Vinny one. I could watch the other one someday.

You're quitting the p4 er right when it starts getting good dude. There's a good reason the run is so beloved

Jintor

P4ER is so good because of them gradually coming around on the game. not that they hate it or anything but it's really good just to see them... really enjoy it the game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Interesting idea! Any particular jRPGs that Dan and whoever guides him (if someone does, and it probably wouldn't be Drew, since he's not big on RPGs) could play through?

Not that it'll ever happen, but even if it probably needs to be a game with a simple fighting system. Just because the actual gameplay was never the interesting part about ERs.
I would love to see Dan's reaction to something dumb like this Hpyerdimension Neptun thing but I really doubt that will ever happen. Which is sad cause I really want it.

Also: There will never be a P5 ER. Ne-ver.

tchocky

Not that it'll ever happen, but even if it probably needs to be a game with a simple fighting system. Just because the actual gameplay was never the interesting part about ERs.
I would love to see Dan's reaction to something dumb like this Hpyerdimension Neptun thing but I really doubt that will ever happen. Which is sad cause I really want it.

Also: There will never be a P5 ER. Ne-ver.

It would also have to be a game with almost no grinding and preferably voice acting.

danm999

P4ER is so good because of them gradually coming around on the game. not that they hate it or anything but it's really good just to see them... really enjoy it the game.

Jeff gets so into it he mentions he plays a version at home concurrent to the Endurance Run.

Apologies if it has been posted in this thread, but where can I find some detail on the Dan/George Brett story? Googling brings up the basics (leaked video etc.) but I'd love to know more if possible.

#TeamCara
Yup. I think the Chie Suplex dream is one of many great moments to hook them in the early days.

dogpowerd

Banned

Rv3yBsH.jpg

ROSCO, KING OF THE EVERGLADES!

Toparaman

Banned
So, somehow on this depressing night I have stumbled onto my old (circa 2005) Gamespot account, and I found forum posts of me defending Jeff's infamous Twilight Princess review:

topraman517 said:
Wow, most of you people are prime idiots. None of you have played through Twilight Princess, and yet you assumed that it is a near perfect (if not perfect) game, and continue to assume this even after this review. Because of this, you all start hating Jeff, despite the fact that the review goes through other Gamespot staff members for approval. Anyway, I am a little surprised that there is no "wow" factor in Twilight Princess, though it is obviously still a great game. I really thought that the Wii controls would revitalize Zelda once again, just as the beautiful art style(and subtly more fluid game mechanics) did for Wind Waker. Also, what's this about the non-orchestral score? That's a big step down from Wind Waker! But so are the graphics, now that I think of it.

I'm very proud of teenage me. Then I read other things I posted around that time, and my pride dies.

Here's the full thread if you want your brain to melt. It includes sincere calls for a petition to re-review the game. I wonder how many of these morons went on to become GamerGaters.

While I do think that Tina is probably the best get (sorry Cara, Visa issues suck), I'm not convinced she would leave Kotaku and the recent Joystiq situation opens things up a lot. That was a lot of people that became available at once.

I wanna log in to Giant Bomb to upgrade to a premium account but its been years since I logged in last and no matter what email I put in for the 'forgot password' thing, it says it doesn't exist which simply can't be true cause I've only used a few accounts for websites and I know them all. I think my Giant Bomb 'Maklershed' account will be stuck in limbo forever. :(

Jintor

So, somehow on this depressing night I have stumbled onto my old (circa 2005) Gamespot account, and I found forum posts of me defending Jeff's infamous Twilight Princess review:

I'm very proud of teenage me. Then I read other things I posted around that time, and my pride dies.

Here's the full thread if you want your brain to melt. It includes sincere calls for a petition to re-review the game. I wonder how many of these morons went on to become GamerGaters.

I have stuff from me littering the internet since probably around 2000 or 2001. I remember seeing Brad and Jeff usenet posts dated from 98-99 though...

Myggen

I wanna log in to Giant Bomb to upgrade to a premium account but its been years since I logged in last and no matter what email I put in for the 'forgot password' thing, it says it doesn't exist which simply can't be true cause I've only used a few accounts for websites and I know them all. I think my Giant Bomb 'Maklershed' account will be stuck in limbo forever. :(

You could contact Rorie on Twitter, or just make a new account :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I tried to play this recently and it suffers the same fate as the other 3D Zelda games post Majora's Mask. So completely filled with useless filler crap that you can't skip. They are just so slow and plodding for the sake of a longer game.

FluxWaveZ

Oh man, that is fantastic. Shows you how little reactions to negative reviews have changed.

> I cannot believe what I am reading! This Jeff Gertsman bastard absolutely
> laced into it! He gave the game an overall score of 7.1. Graphics...8 Huh?

> All the reviewer does is rip on the game. Nothing really positive was
> said. Nevermind the fact that these ARE the best graphics of any home game.
> Is media bias going to kill the DC before it even hits these shores?
>
I wouldn't worry about it. Gertsman is a well documented moron when it
comes to reviews (try his MGS review)
yeah he's the same asshole that gave tekken 3 on the psx a 9.9! Maybe
Tekken 2 deserved a 9.9, but 3? With all that slowdown? Hell no. BTW, I
let him and the main editors have it.

Somehow he forgot that the game runs in a higher resolution than the $10,000
arcade version, as well as has nicer looking textures. But really, I knew
after reading the review (actually vf3 gameplay bash) he was a tekken drone.

The amazing thing...he gets paid to write that crap. Un-Fuc*ing-believable!
Okay, this is also one of the guys who badmouthed Fire Pro Wrestling,
said PSX XMen v. SF isn't 'that bad' and says the same about MSH v SF
for PSX>

What you have to remeber about Videogames.com/EGM is that it is an
American mag meant to stimulate the U.S. market. They mention imports,
occasionally tell you how to get them, but they never cover them in
depth. C'mon WWF Warzone better than FP?

I guarantee when the Dreamcast becomes avaliable to the U.S. market in
late 1999. It'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread in the
opinion of most major mags...
Yeah.

Myggen

Haha. I remember Jeff talking about how Sega fans were the worst back in the day, how he got a number of death threats from that fanbase especially.

Also, from the first page of the Twilight Princess review thread:

They got payed by Sony to lower the score!

NOW WE KNOW GS IS GETTING PAID MY M$!
1st R:FOM gets a low score and now this.Look at GROW G$ have it a higher score then most sites.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I think the 8.8 review might be the most infamous video game review of all time, and it's still a great fucking score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom