• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Dany...

We all know how much you like Drew but do you like him enough to actually find a copy of one of the game he worked on 8 years ago to play it?

Cause that's my TV right now...

img_0605ipoap.jpg

I actually worked on that game too and managed to find a copy in storage at work last week lol

Lijik

Hey Dany...

We all know how much you like Drew but do you like him enough to actually find a copy of one of the game he worked on 8 years ago to play it?

Cause that's my TV right now...

I actually worked on that game too and managed to find a copy in storage at work last week lol

The fast food acid trip level in that game aint bad

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16836

I can't make heads or tails of what any of it is about.

Side note: reading forum posts that are >10 years old seriously feels like watching television from the 50s or something. Like, wait, people unironically talked like that?

We had several members who were drama stirrers supreme back then. The forum was much smaller, so it could survive this lol.

Also note: everyone was more familiar with everyone else back then.

Darkest of Days Quick Look is still pretty great you guys.

For something recorded in the first year of the site it feels a lot like a modern Quick Look but has that Sausalito basement office attitude.

Oh yeah? Very cool. I didn't listen to the Q&A panel cause every single live QA panel I ever heard was horrible. I'm so glad they don't take phonecalls anymore.
I hope by "old games" they include PS1/PS2 era games.

Also after MGS is over, they need tochange it up and let Dan play through some jRPG.

Dan and Drew need to play the Yakuza games. The Yakuza games have everything you could want:

Weirdness
Story filled with twists, betrayal, intrigue, romance, revenge, and humour
Badass cool guys with hearts of gold
Wrestling moves
Fast-paced combat with dodging, combos, and counters
Tons of weapons
RPG elements
Tons of awesome minigames
waifus
waifu management sims
Japanese culture
UFO catchers
Punching tigers in the face
Cool guys singing karaoke
Zombies
Guns for the filthy casuals
Majima
Taxi driving
One liners

Why are they not playing them? WHY?

Yakuza 4 is free on PS+ they can start now!

Dan and Drew need to play the Yakuza games. The Yakuza games have everything you could want:

Weirdness
Story filled with twists, betrayal, intrigue, romance, revenge, and humour
Badass cool guys with hearts of gold
Wrestling moves
Fast-paced combat with dodging, combos, and counters
Tons of weapons
RPG elements
Tons of awesome minigames
waifus
waifu management sims
Japanese culture
UFO catchers
Punching tigers in the face
Cool guys singing karaoke
Zombies
Guns for the filthy casuals
Majima
Taxi driving
One liners

Why are they not playing them? WHY?

Yakuza 4 is free on PS+ they can start now!

Yakuza 2 is the only one where you punch tigers, so it's the best one.

I really hope that closed after the Joystiq layoffs. Lot of talent on the market now

The job description says nothing about being on camera. Will this new hire not also be an on-camera personality?

Reports will be conveyed by text, via audio podcast, and on video, so experience in all of these areas is a must.
Additional editorial work, such as appearances in Quick Looks and writing reviews, would also be a part of this role.
On-camera and/or video programming experience
Podcast or other audio programming experience
Established track record of presenting video, news, and features content on video games
Experience with video production/distribution

Seems like it'll be a minor part at least. Sorta like how Patrick's role originally was.

No obviously they hired someone. I'm gonna say it was.........Bill Gates. That's right, they got motherfucking Bill Gates on the team. With him and Gerstmann, they will make new exclusive content coined as 'The G-Spot', where they play the raddest MS-DOS games, Bill Gates jumps over chairs, and Jeff Gerstmann does his dance. It will be the hottest premium yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom