• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only have a single path to drive on and the game punishes the user for going off that single path in such a distracting, immersion-breaking, garbage way, then what's the point? Make the damn thing a cutscene.

I suppose that's a way to go about it, too. But perhaps there was some sort of mandate from somewhere that suggested that a game with police in it also have an interactive chase scene. If you don't have a choice in the matter, then you're kinda limited as to what to do, design-wise, to try to pull it off in the game.

Look, i'm the last person to defend tailing or chase missions of any sort (fucking hate them in the assassin's creed games) but i don't see many options. Maybe slow the game down and inform the player that they're lagging behind, giving them a chance to catch up to the thing they're chasing? kinda like what Shadow of Mordor does when you get wrecked.

kermit.jpg

LiK

Square Enix's new shipping company is pretty great from my experience, both my KH 2.5 and Type 0 collector's editions came in early and in perfect condition.

I registered this week with the new storefront. so glad they got rid of the old shit. I could make a normal login and password. 10000x better.

Yeah between FFXV, Xenoblade X, and Persona 5, this year and/or next year (depending on which actually come out) is/are going to be stacked.

Also, it's pronounced 'yōk unless you're from the south. And they lost the Civil War, so I think that's settled.

it's not even the entire south, it's basically specifically a band across the southeast and they pronounce all kinds of things funny

I love obscure dialects but sadly I've gotta side with Dan on this one

Yeah between FFXV, Xenoblade X, and Persona 5, this year and/or next year (depending on which actually come out) is/are going to be stacked.

you sound like you're pretty serious about "Japanese," games

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Also, it's pronounced 'yōk unless you're from the south. And they lost the Civil War, so I think that's settled.

yeah I've always heard yolk and yoke as homonyms. I've never heard the L pronounced but I guess it's a regional thing? I'm not a native speaker but I'm majoring in English so I'm always interested in these things, regional differences in American English in particular.

I lost it at Oboe Yoyomatsu.

I think I've almost always heard the 'l' voiced in some capacity and never really heard it pronounced straight up like "yoke", but I may be remembering wrong.

Megasoum

Banned
F1 VIDEO!!!

Danny O'Dwyer
‏@dannyodwyer
Some fun shoots today. Myself & @drewscanlon are doing an F1 thing. And at 2PM Pacific it's LIVE 4-player GTA Online Heists time on GameSpot

yeah I've always heard yolk and yoke as homonyms. I've never heard the L pronounced but I guess it's a regional thing? I'm not a native speaker but I'm majoring in English so I'm always interested in these things, regional differences in American English in particular.

it gets really complicated in the southeast. there's probably more dialects here than anywhere in the country.

Here's some people from Brad's neck of the woods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFfM2GMr3lI

JackEtc

Just re-subbed for another year after my membership expired a few days ago.

I noticed that membership is automatically "recurring". Anyway to turn off the recurring/auto-renewal?

I would click cancel subscription but I'm worried that would just bump be back down to a free member immediately after just paying 50 bucks.

Zaph

Oh, it's a wingsuit. I can see that working.

Wingsuit enthusiasts are nuts. I saw some video about them and they were just casually chatting about all the people they knew who've died doing it and how the insane mortality rate basically makes death an inevitability, but they all love it so whatevs

Just re-subbed for another year after my membership expired a few days ago.

I noticed that membership is automatically "recurring". Anyway to turn off the recurring/auto-renewal?

I would click cancel subscription but I'm worried that would just bump be back down to a free member immediately after just paying 50 bucks.

Just cancel your sub, it'll keep you premium until the remaining time runs out.

ViolentP

Anyone else become extremely annoyed by Brad Shoemaker? I think what he does well, he does very well. But there is an air to his tone where he often sounds annoyed by what he doesn't agree with. Add to that the constant yawning during the live shows his refusal to cover his mouth whenever he does, as well as with his sneezing. He just comes off as unprofessional. Granted, it is called Unprofessional Fridays, but that is no excuse to act like a slob.

He used to be one of my favorite members but now, I sadly catch myself rolling my eyes at his presentation of an otherwise fantastic feed.

Anyone else become extremely annoyed by Brad Shoemaker? I think what he does well, he does very well. But there is an air to his tone where he often sounds annoyed by what he doesn't agree with. Add to that the constant yawning during the live shows his refusal to cover his mouth whenever he does, as well as with his sneezing. He just comes off as unprofessional. Granted, it is called Unprofessional Fridays, but that is no excuse to act like a slob.

He used to be one of my favorite members but now, I sadly catch myself rolling my eyes at his presentation of an otherwise fantastic feed.

bored sneezemaker

tchocky

F1 VIDEO!!!

Danny O'Dwyer
‏@dannyodwyer
Some fun shoots today. Myself & @drewscanlon are doing an F1 thing. And at 2PM Pacific it's LIVE 4-player GTA Online Heists time on GameSpot

I have always thought they should have done a video the week before a race of them playing the upcoming track.

ViolentP

bored sneezemaker

Seriously. I always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell myself maybe he's got something going on in his personal life which explains the serious weight gain he's gone through within the last years, but that's really not an excuse to do a half-assed job either.

Seriously. I always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell myself maybe he's got something going on in his personal life which explains the serious weight gain he's gone through within the last years, but that's really not an excuse to do a half-assed job either.

wait, you were being serious?

what's wrong with you brah

ViolentP

wait, you were being serious?

what's wrong with you brah

I am being serious. As I said, what he does he does well. But I'm at the point with the guy that what he does well is overshadowed by his crybaby attitude. He acts like a manchild. I appreciate him being able to run a podcast, but his personal attitude and character has become shit in my opinion.

I am being serious. As I said, what he does he does well. But I'm at the point with the guy that what he does well is overshadowed by his crybaby attitude. He acts like a manchild. I appreciate him being able to run a podcast, but his personal attitude and character has become shit in my opinion.

yeah but there's an irony here given what you just said.

edit: there are better ways to criticize someone than to make it personal. youre entitled to your opinion but be respectful when voicing it.

Difference is, I am not representing GAF to the public. Were I, I would choose my words much more carefully. As it stands, I'm simply venting is all.

Except you crossed the line from just venting and now you're being a jerk, it's especially shitty knowing that they read this thread.

ViolentP

Except you crossed the line from just venting and now you're being a jerk, it's especially shitty knowing that they read this thread.

I crossed no line. This is a message forum, not the supreme court. Someone could easily have the discussion to explain the other side of the coin but that doesn't seem at all important right now. More important to get upset at how another person feels about a particular subject. My apologies if anyone, Brad included has taken offense to the way I worded things, but it's how I feel. I could easily be wrong and would be open to that. But the burn the witch shit won't fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom