• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
No obviously they hired someone. I'm gonna say it was.........Bill Gates. That's right, they got motherfucking Bill Gates on the team. With him and Gerstmann, they will make new exclusive content coined as 'The G-Spot', where they play the raddest MS-DOS games, Bill Gates jumps over chairs, and Jeff Gerstmann does his dance. It will be the hottest premium yet.

cool I can't wait for the UPF where they all drink poop water

in before "they already drank Surge"

Myggen

The job description says nothing about being on camera. Will this new hire not also be an on-camera personality?

They've talked about it like he/she will be a regular on the new podcast, and be on video when needed. So a lot like Patrick when he was in the SF office.

Wonder if Brad could be goaded in to playing Final Fantasy XIV now that you can look like Setzer from FFVI?

Also Triple Triad with NPCs and other players with Shuffle and Boogie playing in the background. Life feels right, right now.

FluxWaveZ

Yup, he even said so on the Bombcast once I believe.

Yeah (podcast 12/09/14):
Weird groan by Dan right when Yakuza 5 was mentioned.

Oh, a quick search makes me see that he really doesn't like that series. I see. I think I remember hearing him say as much in a Quick Look before.
Might have been in Akiba's Trip. I don't really find it that fun going through a long series of videos where those playing the game are actively disliking it. It's kinda why I avoided the DP BR run.

No obviously they hired someone. I'm gonna say it was.........Bill Gates. That's right, they got motherfucking Bill Gates on the team. With him and Gerstmann, they will make new exclusive content coined as 'The G-Spot', where they play the raddest MS-DOS games, Bill Gates jumps over chairs, and Jeff Gerstmann does his dance. It will be the hottest premium yet.

He'd fit right in on the Bomb or BeastCast, what with his proclivity for poopy water.

[EDIT - I did not see stump's post. Oops!]

Yup, he even said so on the Bombcast once I believe. His main complaint seems to be with how those games play.
I guess it's the same issue Jeff had with the combat being "janky". But as a lover of many "janky" games I really can't relate to that criticism. I guess it has to do with me being slower than average to master gameplay/control variations, so all games initially feel "janky" to me.

Once I do get good at a game I don't feel that that matters - I find navigating the environments and fighting enemies in Warframe far more effortless and interesting than in games with supposedly better combat, and felt the Yakuza combat was enjoyable as I kept getting better at it and eventually had a good enough grasp of the mechanics to beat the Legendary Blue Dragon with all characters (well, ok, counter throwing him repeatedly into a wall with Tanimura hoping I managed to chip his health away before the time ran out wasn't great, but other than that...)

In any case I think that if there were to be any new GB Yakuza content, something from Vinny/Alex is probably more likely.

Luke_Wal

Have we heard any clues on when the East Coast podcast starts up? I would assume that'll be around the time the new hire is announced, but I was just wondering if we'd been given any hints to narrow down the timeframe.

Have we heard any clues on when the East Coast podcast starts up? I would assume that'll be around the time the new hire is announced, but I was just wondering if we'd been given any hints to narrow down the timeframe.

If they're waiting for the new hire then I highly doubt even they would know. There's no defined amount of time it can take to complete the hiring process and get everything squared away.

TraBuch

Banned
The last part of the game was fantastic. Fighting, intercepting, long passes, Seahawks had the win but they fucked up gloriously. It was glorious.
It was also responsible for my new favorite jif.
rbqPITy.gif

Can someone compare the Patriots to something I can understand to help me understand?

My limited knowledge makes me think they just poke at the grey areas of the rules to help then succeed - but the more I read it seems worse,

I applaud bending rules if that is all they do, as I like that approach (I love to see it in F1).

Am I a Pats Fan?

Can someone compare the Patriots to something I can understand to help me understand?

My limited knowledge makes me think they just poke at the grey areas of the rules to help then succeed - but the more I read it seems worse,

I applaud bending rules if that is all they do, as I like that approach (I love to see it in F1).

Am I a Pats Fan?

Nobody knows if they purposely deflated balls in the last game

this game they didn't really bend rules or anything, it was fair and square

Am I a Pats Fan?

its not really bending

its breaking and then not getting caught

allegedly

Nobody knows if they purposely deflated balls in the last game

this game they didn't really bend rules or anything, it was fair and square

I heard the "cheating," accusation goes back years though. The deflate thing just seemed like another thing added atop of a whole pile of accusations.

I heard the "cheating," accusation goes back years though. The deflate thing just seemed like another thing added atop of a whole pile of accusations.
It's cheating akin to the years of Man Utd getting Fergie Time, more or less. That is, it's over-exaggerated (and I am no United or Pats fan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom