• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think Hardline is more likely because that at least has a legitimate single player campaign.

Will be fun to see if there are any outlets that put out a review only based on the review event. After the disaster that happened with BF4 I can imagine there will be that many. Polygon maybe, good old Arthur just does not give a fuck.

Oh Don't worry when Polygon give it a score just come back 2 days later and they would have already lowered the score due to some problems of the game

Myggen

Yea, I think Hardline is more likely because that at least has a legitimate single player campaign.

Will be fun to see if there are any outlets that put out a review only based on the review event. After the disaster that happened with BF4 I can imagine there will be that many. Polygon maybe, good old Arthur just does not give a fuck.

I have to imagine that even outlets desperate for clicks have been burnt enough times by EA now to wait at least a few hours after the servers are actually up. Polygon can't pull this shit again just to lower the score when the game proves to be completely fucked in a live environment.

I wonder if they will do a review for Battlefield Hardline. Same with Evolve.
It looks like no one on staff seems really interested in either of those games. Not that I really blame them, it seems like the respective betas killed a lot of excitement people had for those games.

They have a long history of loving Battlefield (BF3 especially), so that should warrant a review.

Evolve, maybe not. I don't see any of them invested enough in that game.

Quentyn

I have to imagine that even outlets desperate for clicks have been burnt enough times by EA now to wait at least a few hours after the servers are actually up. Polygon can't pull this shit again just to lower the score when the game proves to be completely fucked in a live environment.

That is what I was hoping, too. But then they were one of the only big outlets that did the same shit again with Halo MCC.

sYRvchF.png

g5EMeam.png

Of course they lowered the score a few days later after they realized the game was fucked. I really don't have any confidence that they have learned their lesson.

popo

I don't know much about NFL but - as the ultimate neutral, everything I know I learnt from Madden - that seemed like a pretty good final. Tight game, exiting ending and a mini brawl too. Even the half time show was good - as long as you muted the TV.

Myggen

Yeah, but at some point Polygon has to realize that they can't just use the crutch of adjusted reviews for every game that proves to be fucked when it's actually released. We'll see I guess.

Also, Besiege looks really cool. Not sure if there's enough to do in the game right now, but the base gameplay looks awesome.

It's really fun, although I couldn't wait to watch the QL because I knew Jeff would make fun of a lot of it. Some of the dialogue is rough, but not as bad as it could have been.

Yeah some of that dialogue was welllllll into "no one has ever talked like that ever" territory. Aside from that, the game seemed really cool.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, but at some point Polygon has to realize that they can't just use the crutch of adjusted reviews for every game that proves to be fucked when it's actually released. We'll see I guess.

Also, Besiege looks really cool. Not sure if there's enough to do in the game right now, but the base gameplay looks awesome.

7 dollars seems worth it to do this.

ivzzY6AL1Khvn.gif

repeater

It's really fun, although I couldn't wait to watch the QL because I knew Jeff would make fun of a lot of it. Some of the dialogue is rough, but not as bad as it could have been.
Would you go so far as saying that some of the dialogue is hella rough?

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea on paper, but in action it's doing nothing but driving home how they're one of the worst review outlets out there.

actually, one of the worst video game sites period. This article is a real doozy. They'll change their review scores over and over, but this article, which is 1) incredibly tasteless 2) based on incorrect information (that's not a camera, it's a night vision monocular), hasn't been corrected.

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea on paper, but in action it's doing nothing but driving home how they're one of the worst review outlets out there.

actually, one of the worst video game sites period. This article is a real doozy. They'll change their review scores over and over, but this article, which is 1) incredibly tasteless 2) based on incorrect information (that's not a camera, it's a night vision monocular), hasn't been corrected.

Haha yeah, that was funny. Video game publications need to tread lightly if they're gonna start commenting on real world politics.

Also, who is that in your avatar? I keep forgetting to ask.

Zaph

Danielle Riendeau seemed so cool on Bombin', but the only two articles I've read by her have been absolute garbage.

I'm hoping it's just The Polygon Effect™

#Ferguson lol

Review scores be damned, sometimes I forget some of the real reasons Polygon is such a hilarious site. It hasn't even stopped either, that Mordor kissing article was incredible.

Wow Besiege looks awesome, I probably won't get it while it's in early access, but definitely getting it once it's released. For only $7... damn.

repeater

Danielle Riendeau seemed so cool on Bombin', but the only two articles I've read by her have been absolute garbage.
She's also brilliant weekly on the Idle Thumbs podcast. Can't vouch for her writings though as I've never read a single article by her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep. I'm not sure if I want to buy it quite yet, I'll wait to see how long the wait between each episode is but I will definitely pick it up at some point.
It's 12 bucks on Nuuvem, which convinced me to get it to support it.

It looks like 2 months between episodes, if they hold to the current schedule anyway.

Maybe Jeff and Dan aren't friends. Does Jeff hate Dan? Is Dan leaving?
Personally, I think this is a great opportunity to start speculating about how much Jeff hates the new news editor. I mean the line about knowledge of Japanese being beneficial was obviously put in there by CBSi corporate to help keep the Crunchyroll money rolling (hurrhurr) in, and Jeff's never going to live that down.

Also Alex already hates the new hire as well, but that's because Alex hates everyone and everything.

Liamc723

Yep. I'm not sure if I want to buy it quite yet, I'll wait to see how long the wait between each episode is but I will definitely pick it up at some point.

The second episode is planned for release in March, the developers have said there'll be a 6 week wait between each episode.

Antiwhippy

Personally, I think this is a great opportunity to start speculating about how much Jeff hates the new news editor. I mean the line about knowledge of Japanese being beneficial was obviously put in there by CBSi corporate to help keep the Crunchyroll money rolling (hurrhurr) in, and Jeff's never going to live that down.

Also Alex already hates the new hire as well, but that's because Alex hates everyone and everything.

2532533-brad.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else get a kick when Jeff's voice goes up a pitch when he goes into his rant mode? It's very enjoyable auditory experience. Like the opposite of ASMR (not that I'm into that stuff).

Antiwhippy

Is it just me or does anyone else get a kick when Jeff's voice goes up a pitch when he goes into his rant mode? It's very enjoyable auditory experience. Like the opposite of ASMR (not that I'm into that stuff).

That's not really the opposite of asmr.

Megasoum

Banned

What I love is his uses of the "Oh WOOORD" expression. It's always perfect lol

I heard one amazing example last week on a random youtube video but I can't remember where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom