• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I remember playing that simpsons game on my friend's nes. I don't think she ever got past the first level.

Myggen

Did anyone gif Jeff when Dan was learning how to use that camera? Do I need to do everything myself (and learn how to make gifs)?!

Also, Demo Derby tomorrow! Woo!

I missed UPF because I forgot about daylight savings time. What a dumb concept.

edit: Also in regards to the mailbag. The Japanese mailbag made up for everything else, and really, as long as the video is entertaining (which I thought this one was) I don't give a shit about whether people send a lot of junk to them. Just throw that stuff away after the mailbag for all I care.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Did anyone gif Jeff when Dan was learning how to use that camera? Do I need to do everything myself (and learn how to make gifs)?!

Also, Demo Derby tomorrow! Woo!

Demo Derby is really my favourite feature right now. Jeff is on fire during those.

Spinx

3/5, Oh God.
TadkV.gif

Fjordson

He's not percieved as the right kind of gamer for a game like that even though he really liked DS2. Go back to Nintendo, Dan!
Yeah, seems like an easy fit. Likes Souls games, generally positive and doesn't have a problem with longer games. I'll be interested to see what he gives it.

Myggen

Yeah, seems like an easy fit. Likes Souls games, generally positive and doesn't have a problem with longer games. I'll be interested to see what he gives it.

I'm sure it's gonna go over well if it's anything below a 5. Souls fans are known to be very reasonable.

Man I'm looking forward to that game.

Dan and Brad are both playing bloodborne

wouldn't be surprised if we get no review and just videos when the embargo is up.

Who is reviewing axiom verge? That was on both dan and jeff ps4

Myggen

Dan and Brad are both playing bloodborne

wouldn't be surprised if we get no review and just videos when the embargo is up.

The site has generally reviewed very few games that are that long, at least in time for embargo. But I'm betting one of them, probably Dan, is reviewing this one.

Both Dan, Brad and Jeff are playing Axiom, so who knows who's reviewing that one. Jeff?

I would like to hear Dan's opinions on Bloodborne.

Anyway here is a preview for just about every Bloodborne review next week.

Its a Souls game but the menus are better.
No shields makes it harder and at times unfair.

8/10.

+ Polygon misses the point of the game and moans it doesnt have check points every 15 seconds and you cant co op like its a borderlands or halo game.

Myggen

8/10.

+ Polygon misses the point of the game and moans it doesnt have check points every 15 seconds and you cant co op like its a borderlands or halo game.

If DS2 could end up with a 91 metacritic score, I doubt that's accurate at all. If the game is good, of course. Most publications will have several people on staff that love the franchise now.

Why is Brad not playing Bloodborne?

He is playing it, people are just speculating that Dan might review it.

strafer

If DS2 could end up with a 91 metacritic score, I doubt that's accurate at all. If the game is good, of course. Most publications will have several people on staff that love the franchise now.

He is playing it, people are just speculating that Dan might review it.

So the guy playing it will not review it?

should it not be the same person?

popo

any critique will be shouted down by forum posters,who have not played the game, telling the reviewers they just suck at games.

Already happenning in the spoiler thread. Some guy who has it early had a legit beef about having to grind for healing items, now had about 10 ppl telling him it was okay because he sucked and they would take much less damage.

Multiple people are playing it but Jeff and Dan are the type that will mainline a game over a weekend, Brad likes to take his time.. If they want a review in the first week the game is out then Dan seems the best choice.

Myggen

Both are playing it! Probably Vinny too! :)

any critique will be shouted down by forum posters,who have not played the game, telling the reviewers they just suck at games.

Already happenning in the spoiler thread. Some guy who has it early had a legit beef about having to grind for healing items, now had about 10 ppl telling him it was okay because he sucked and they would take much less damage.

Souls fans are some of the worst at this, which you see every time someone does a playthrough of one of the games. There's a lot of "you're not playing it correctly" elitism among some of the most outspoken Souls fans, which you saw time and time again with people complaining about Vinny going tank in DS. I fully expect it to get ugly in the review thread if anyone gives the game a score below 8/10, especially since it's an exclusive.

Both are playing it! Probably Vinny too! :)

Souls fans are some of the worst at this, which you see every time someone does a playthrough of one of the games. There's a lot of "you're not playing it correctly" elitism among some of the most outspoken Souls fans, which you saw time and time again with people complaining about Vinny going tank in DS. I fully expect it to get ugly in the review thread if anyone gives the game a score below 8/10, especially since it's an exclusive.

Well it's an exclusive game, so there was no avoiding insane review backlash anyway. Hopefully it will be as entertaining as The Order and Driveclub nonsense.

Not that 90% of review threads on even this site aren't full of garbage.

I'm getting dangerously close to buying Bloodborne on Tuesday even though my spring break only lasts until the end of that week and once I go back to school I won't have access to a PS4 until mid-May. Reviews and GB impressions may sway me one way or the other.

Still have to finish Transistor first...

Myggen

End of March excitement list:

1. Bloodborne
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Axiom Verge.

I keep forgetting about PoE, but I shouldn't. I love the Infinity Engine games and BG2 is my all time favourite game. Good to have three games at the end of March because it's gonna be a while until another game I'm interested in is released after that.

I keep forgetting about PoE, but I shouldn't. I love the Infinity Engine games and BG2 is my all time favourite game. Good to have three games at the end of March because it's gonna be a while until another game I'm interested in is released after that.

Thank god. March is so stacked that I'm glad that April is a bit of a reprieve before May starts the deluge again.

you mean you're not going to import Senran Kagura?

Xater

I'm gonna pass!

MKX is out early April too, right? Might buy that for the story mode alone, but I'm not interested in getting good in a fighting game anymore, so it's just gonna be the SP.

The whole pre-order character thing has soured me on MKX despite me loving it during Gamescom. I will probably pass on it and get the Komplete Edition down the line. So yeah for me the next title I am looking forward to will be Witcher 3 in May.

I'm not forgetting about PoE because I backed it. I would be reviewing it if that wasn't the case.

Myggen

The whole pre-order character thing has soured me on MKX despite me loving it during Gamescom. I will probably pass on it and get the Komplete Edition down the line. So yeah for me the next title I am looking forward to will be Witcher 3 in May.

I'm not forgetting about PoE because I backed it. I would be reviewing it if that wasn't the case.

Did you back it for more than the minimum required to get the game?

8/10.

Everything you have said is false though check the reviews for the past souls games! They usually get reviewed better than what you have said.

Also good to hear about the limited healing items. Life gems really took the piss in ds2

Xater

Everything you have said is false though check the reviews for the past souls games! They usually get reviewed better than what you have said.

Also good to hear about the limited healing items. Life gems really took the piss in ds2

I have not played DS2. We're they the grass of that game?

I have not played DS2. We're they the grass of that game?

Yip

there is a vendor where you can get lifegems of different strengths.

I managed to get 99 of each and since I had two rings of sacrifices which could get repaired. I was never dying or losing souls anymore.

Without spoiling anything in bb

Think of the estus system in ds1 With out the ability of health items coming back when resting.

I think the only thing of Bloodborne I saw was the leaked stuff, the inital E3 gameplay plus that one boss. Cape physics big guy. Pic of spider.

Can't wait for Wednesday.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Jeff's reaction to that box of games.... I cannot understand why you would send them these games, better off donating to charitable causes in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom