• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Dan is #1 with Jeff 2nd. Dan wins basically every game they play together.

btw - is Mario Party Party 3 worth watching or did they do one too many?

Lelcar

Jeff and Dan are at the top for sure. Dan actually surprises me at how quick he is able to get great at a game. Those two probably have skill at the widest variety of games. Jeff has even proven that he's on par with Jason at fighting games and that's including SFIV which Jason specializes in.

I want to say that Alex is near the top too, but I'm not too sure. Vinny and Brad are mid-tier. Drew is maybe the worst gamesman at Giant Bomb? Just purely due to his inexperience with most classic games across all generations and the lack of really wanting to explore any of that stuff.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
God IDARB is total shit. Completely incomprehensible. It looks maybe worse than Meme Run, which was at least deliberately terrible.

Myggen

God IDARB is total shit. Completely incomprehensible. It looks maybe worse than Meme Run, which was at least deliberately terrible.

Keep in mind that playing the game offline will make the game more of a normal local MP game without all the memes and such. GB played it in the absolute worst/best environment because it was a stream with a lot of viewers. The GB QL is something almost no "normal" players will ever experience.

Mully

Local MP is pretty great with IDARB. Played it at Prime with a few devs. They all loved it. I was horrible at it, but I still enjoyed my brief time with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The times. They are a-changing
PewDiePieQuote1.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We need more of a D&D alignment system for their skill in video games. Mostly because of Vinny.

Turnstyle

Despite numerous attempts, I have never had an email read out on the Bombcast. In view of this, I'm trying to structure the perfect Bombcast email, and think the following elements are key. It must involve:

Poop, or other gross bodily functions.
Location based beef.
Inside industry secrets.
A dig at Lang.
A dig at Dan.
A description of the crew, from someone who has only ever heard their voices.

Did I miss anything? I reckon if I can write an email that covers every one of these points, it's a shoe-in. Or in context, a Shoemaker-in.

Despite numerous attempts, I have never had an email read out on the Bombcast. In view of this, I'm trying to structure the perfect Bombcast email, and think the following elements are key. It must involve:

Location based beef.
Inside industry secrets.
A dig at Lang.
A dig at Dan.

Did I miss anything? I reckon if I can write an email that covers every one of these points, it's a shoe-in. Or in context, a Shoemaker-in.

You need to weigh in on the thongs/flip-flops formality scale.
Or would that be location-based beef, damn.
Failing that, mention a carbonated beverage that's sure to divide opinion, and you're set.

Ken

Location based beef.
Inside industry secrets.
A dig at Lang.
A dig at Dan.

A description of the crew as someone who has never seen a human.

Having GBEast quicklooks back has reminded me that we really need that NY hire fast. Vinny and Alex just don't have the chemesty to make a lot of these small game QL's enjoyable to watch for more than like 10 minutes. I feel like they work better on the few live streams they've done, so it seems like it's just the format of the QL that doesn't vibe with them more than anything else.

Location based beef.
Inside industry secrets.
A dig at Lang.
A dig at Dan.

What about an energy drink or soda reference? And maybe an ICP mention?

Having GBEast quicklooks back has reminded me that we really need that NY hire fast. Vinny and Alex just don't have the chemesty to make a lot of these small game QL's enjoyable to watch for more than like 10 minutes. I feel like they work better on the few live streams they've done, so it seems like it's just the format of the QL that doesn't vibe with them more than anything else.

I don't think it's the pairing so much as the games they are quick looking.

Turnstyle

Here's my first stab at the ULTIMATE GIANTBOMB EMAIL. I've tried to factor in the suggestions. Let's workshop this together and make sure we get it read out next week.

While working at my job for NASA, where I am currently involved in a secret project to design a spaceship that runs purely on Gatorade, I suddenly suffered an upset stomach, due to eating egg shells the night before. I rushed to the bathroom, but knowing I wasn't going to get there in time, was forced to poo into my own jacket pocket.

Unfortunately, the jacket was made in Country A. Ha! They know nothing of making jackets! Jackets from my country, Country B, are far superior. Fuck Country A and their shit jackets. Anyway, because the jacket was so poorly constructed, the pocket was not able to contain my effluent, and it seeped out, causing for some embarrassment when I later went to my second job, as a mystery shopper for Walmart, whose CEO, I can exclusively reveal, is a starfish, and backing vocalist for ICP. He sometimes listens to your podcast, and told me that his thinks Dan can be a bit silly at times.

Despite owning an internet connection and two working eyes, I have never seen any of you, listening exclusively to the podcast! If I had to describe you, I would say:

Dan: Ghost in a sequined jacket
Brad: 14 feet tall and purple
Drew: Alsatian
Jeff: The grouch from Sesame Street?
Vinny: A faded picture postcard of the Bronx
Alex: That guy who I sometimes see on the corner of my street. You know, that guy. He's got like a collared jacket and wears glasses.
Jason: Looks like Clint Eastwood, but with Go Pros for eyes.

PS. Lang sucks

Zaph

Alex and Vinny are both great, but yeah, apart from a couple odd videos I don't find them that entertaining together. But each time they've had a third/forth person with them, things got infinitely better.

Can't wait to see who Jeff picks for NY's third chair, dude has a knack for finding talent. #InJeffWeTrust

TraBuch

Banned
Think Vinny and Alex have a say in who the NY hire is? They are, after all, the people who will be around this new hire five days a week. I can't imagine Vinny not getting along with anybody, but there could just be a serious lack of chemistry.

Myggen

They've made some really good QLs when there's actual material to riff on in the games they play, so I don't think it's the chemistry. But you're right about the new hire, although I would rather they take their time in finding the right person than rush it to get someone fast.

Think Vinny and Alex have a say in who the NY hire is? They are, after all, the people who will be around this new hire five days a week. I can't imagine Vinny not getting along with anybody, but there could just be a serious lack of chemistry.

Patrick said that Vinny was very much involved in the process when he got hired, so I would imagine that both he and Alex will be involved. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the actual interviews, or at least are in charge of it, since there's a good chance the person they'll hire already lives in New York.

They need to hire a huge DBZ fan so Vinny can do a proper Xenoverse Quick Look.

Patrick said that Vinny was very much involved in the process when he got hired, so I would imagine that both he and Alex will be involved. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the actual interviews, or at least are in charge of it, since there's a good chance the person they'll hire already lives in New York.

Patrick was hired pre-CBS buyout, so I'm not sure that example applies much here. Hiring is much different when you are part of a large corporation, and even Jeff has implied that he is handcuffed a bit when it comes to influencing the hiring process.

Myggen

Patrick was hired pre-CBS buyout, so I'm not sure that example applies much here. Hiring is much different when you are part of a large corporation, and even Jeff has implied that he is handcuffed a bit when it comes to influencing the hiring process.

Sure HR and others will have their say, but I'm assuming GB's recommendation on who to hire will be followed 99% of the time (like when Dan and Jason were hired).

Patryn

I have to defend Brad's skills a bit. Sure he ranks towards the bottom when he's on camera, but that's because cameras are apparently his Kryptonite.

From all indications, he's pretty good when not on camera. Not Dan or Jeff tier, but better than I think people give him credit.

Largo

I have a suspicion that Jeff is probably more well rounded than Dan. I don't remember Dan playing a lot of fighting games. Although as mentioned, I remember Dan saying Jason was 'the best at games he knew' or something like that. Avatar quicklook maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom