• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think that I could hang out with the duders, but I don't drink, I don't curse, and I love Nintendo. I don't think I'd fit in. That's probably why I don't really hang out with anybody in the industry though.

The next GOTY videos need to just be some kind of series of competitions to decide who is the best at video games. It should be as scripted and like wrestling as possible.

Kind of like Rooster Teeth's The Gaunlet, but individual....and funny.

popo

Think Vinny and Alex have a say in who the NY hire is? They are, after all, the people who will be around this new hire five days a week. I can't imagine Vinny not getting along with anybody, but there could just be a serious lack of chemistry.

Patrick was hired pre-CBS buyout, so I'm not sure that example applies much here. Hiring is much different when you are part of a large corporation, and even Jeff has implied that he is handcuffed a bit when it comes to influencing the hiring process.

I think you misread some of Jeff's comments. CBS are not going to make GB hire someone - GB will have the final say on who the candidates are - it is just that Jeff cannot hire someone without HR vetting them and signing off on it. In contrast to startups like Whiskey, which is more like "You want a job? Cool, you start Monday".

I imagine interviews will be in NY - given that is where the job posting is. It will likely be HR and one GB rep, so Vinny or Alex. Jeff might get involved via phone or in person if it gets down to a very short list of candidates.

All this assumes they don't already have a person lined up and are going through the motions for corporate compliance.

Patryn

In all seriousness, considering that we're a week deep into February, when do people realistically think the new person will start?

I honestly don't think it'll happen prior to PAX East. April's probably not a bad guess.

But I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the person doesn't start until after E3.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
both happen the same week, new guy starts on monday, mgs3 first episode tuesday

in the year 2016

Why does Brad always sarcastically say "power of the PS4" when an indie game has framerate issues? Does he honestly think the PS4 can't run those games? Is he just shitting on indies or what?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"I've got a very clear picture of the character I want in my head"

SdvU7JD.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Why does Brad always sarcastically say "power of the PS4" when an indie game has framerate issues? Does he honestly think the PS4 can't run those games? Is he just shitting on indies or what?

Yes, absolutely. I believe he once said that the PS4 is the worst Nintendo console of all time.

Dazzler

I thought Brad was pretty good at Destiny in the stream he did of VoG a while back

Would love to play Destiny with him sometime

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This just encourages me to never bother trying Beseige. I'd never come up with any of those things.

You'll never know if you don't try.

also I hope there is some sort of share functionality for all of this. that'd be cool.

I'm not gonna remember a thing about MGS2 by the time Scanlon comes back. Hopefully Dan has a nice flowchart recap or something in the first episode.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You'll never know if you don't try.

also I hope there is some sort of share functionality for all of this. that'd be cool.

No, I know. I hated Nuts & Bolts too, I just don't have any interest in designing contraptions and machines. Good for everybody who likes it, but at best I'll watch a couple of videos of the game.

I think Besiege has the right early access model. Launch at a cheap starting price and then increase as time goes on and it becomes more fully-featured. I wish more early access games would do this, rather than the opposite. It made it easier to jump on it.

It worked for Minecraft!

Megasoum

Banned
I think Besiege has the right early access model. Launch at a cheap starting price and then increase as time goes on and it becomes more fully-featured. I wish more early access games would do this, rather than the opposite. It made it easier to jump on it.

It worked for Minecraft!

Not only that but it "rewards" the early adopters who were there for you early to support your game.

Zaph

No, I know. I hated Nuts & Bolts too, I just don't have any interest in designing contraptions and machines. Good for everybody who likes it, but at best I'll watch a couple of videos of the game.

Dude, N&B was the best. The rare occasion of a multiplayer game coming along where you're encouraged to find creative ways to fuck other people over, and balance/fairness isn't high on the priority list.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dude, N&B was the best. The rare occasion of a multiplayer game coming along where you're encouraged to find creative ways to fuck other people over, and balance/fairness isn't high on the priority list.

I didn't even know it had multiplayer. I played a bit of the single player, hated it, sent it back to Gamefly. I'm not saying the game isn't any good, I just have zero interest in it and couldn't stand playing it. I was never a fan of the original games, but I also really despised the way it treated fans of those games and their expectations. That was just gross. I'm much more neutral toward Besiege than outright hating it in part because of this, I think.

But yeah, on whole, fuck Nuts & Bolts.

SmithnCo

It worked for Minecraft!

Yeah I don't really understand the other model where you pay more for the privilege to play an unfinished game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah I don't really understand the other model where you pay more for the privilege to play an unfinished game.

Prison Architect devs explained it by saying they only wanted people who were actually interested in giving feedback and participating in the process. It made sense at the start but when you go and put the game on huge discounts (including the extra tiers with writing a character bio) while still in early access that sort of falls apart.

daydream

Banned
I wouldn't even be opposed to a good pirate game. There's been some great stuff in the past but not too much (or anything, really) recently.

New Overboard pls.

Rapstah

I feel like there used to be a time where someone could describe a game to you and you could honestly go "yeah, I played a pirate game like that" for every single possible game described.

I think the only games doing that are ones that had Kickstarter tiers for Alpha access etc., so they need to charge more for early access because otherwise it would feel like they're shitting on the Kickstarter backers.
Oh god that last one

Seriously, what is up with downloads lately on GB? I hate the video player on the site, so i usually download a video I want to watch so I know it wont crap out on me, but for the past few days, download speeds have been absolute shit to the point where its not worth doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom