• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Wal

Has anyone with more talent than I paired down the Puyo Puyo Tetris images to be avatar sized? Thinking about going with either Dr. Tracksuit or Small Business-San.....

EDIT:
I tried to down-size them myself, and while they technically work, I won't lie: they're not beautiful.

http://imgur.com/a/edK4b

LiK

i couldn't help but laugh at how disgusted Brad was with Dan not reading subs for movies. i grew up with subs cuz many HK movies always had subs so it's not an issue for me. i do wish Dan would consider the subs over dubs for Hard-Boiled at least. what an amazing movie,

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Aurahack is god tier. Bonus points for getting Pepsiman to help with the japanese names. Tracksuit Hakase and Small Business-san are killing me.

It was a lot of fun to collaborate on for sure! I don't do a lot of work like that professionally as a translator since I'm not a native Japanese speaker, so to see the ones who do know the language enjoying my small contributions as much as they have really makes my day. c:

Renpatsu

ugh what's even the point of dropbox hosting your pics if you can't direct link them

should be fixed
If you place the images in your public dropbox folder you should be able to link freely. It's only linking to other folders where permissions and stuff get in the way.

Edit: That is one snazzy Ryan. Especially the bottom one.

komplanen

Listening to Jazz music and all I could think of was Drew and Dan as alpacas.

Also last night I had a nightmare about bullies in my childhood but it all took place in a real life version of Destiny.

I need a lobotomy.

Renpatsu

I seem to have missed the explanation for Sick Brick because I have no clue what is going on.

Edit: Wait nope, I guess it's just Portal.

Zaph

i miss the site achievments on GB. :(
The achievements were cool, but overall I miss the ambition of the old GB site. By the looks of it, CBSi engineers are stretched very thin, so the focus is just keeping things from not breaking, not cool unique features.

The briefly discussed 24hr live channel/chat and betting system sounded awesome.

The achievements were cool, but overall I miss the ambition of the old GB site. By the looks of it, CBSi engineers are stretched very thin, so the focus is just keeping things from not breaking, not cool unique features.

The briefly discussed 24hr live channel/chat and betting system sounded awesome.

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying they're looking for an engineer over the summer or something. I also think I recall something about GB getting the next facelift after Gamespot was brought up to date.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Early GB's site was crazy ambitious for such a small operation. Apart from the usual, they also had their forums, the wiki, lists, a follower-system, personal blogs, quests, achievements and probably more that I'm now forgetting and that's just the stuff a user can see. Big part of what made it interesting back then.

Rapstah

What was the "big red phone"? I first subscribed in late 2011 (?) and that was one of the things they told you you would be getting as a subscriber in the screens you have to click through, but then I'm pretty sure no one ever talked about it again. I don't even know what it was.

Jintor

it was a phone they had in a hallway and you could ring it at any time and if someone was around they might pick it up and chat to you for a bit.

i think?

Watching UPF - the sheer glee on Dan's face when he shoots guys in the dick is great. I kinda want to play this game again. I started it when it first came out but I dont think I got very far.

Zaph

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying they're looking for an engineer over the summer or something. I also think I recall something about GB getting the next facelift after Gamespot was brought up to date.
There's been some turn over in their dev team, both design and engineering. When Alexis left he made it clear being split over so many massive sites was frustrating and he would have stayed if it was just GB. No doubt we'll see some improvements, but all the crazy, novelty shit? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Early GB's site was crazy ambitious for such a small operation. Apart from the usual, they also had their forums, the wiki, lists, a follower-system, personal blogs, quests, achievements and probably more that I'm now forgetting and that's just the stuff a user can see. Big part of what made it interesting back then.
It was nuts, but probably really expensive. For a long while Coonce was dedicated to just keeping the achievement system ticking over.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuuuuuck. I loooooove spacechem, and infinifactory seems similarly awesome.

Will wait till its finished though.

Rapstah

There totally is a dragging function in Infinifactory. You hold the mouse button down instead of clicking. Maybe the game should tell you about it.

Wunder

it was a phone they had in a hallway and you could ring it at any time and if someone was around they might pick it up and chat to you for a bit.

i think?

loved that shit. Rang up and Gary Whitta picked up once during a BLLSL. Was rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom