• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Dan and I love Drew, but, don't love MGS, so, I am totally fine if they spend those cycles on something else for the time being. Like way more episodes of Demo Derby.

*ducks*

Tucah

you speak so well
I love Dan and I love Drew, but, don't love MGS, so, I am totally fine if they spend those cycles on something else for the time being. Like way more episodes of Demo Derby.

*ducks*

I do love Metal Gear Solid buuuut...
I agree

*runs away*

It's still the weekend right?

I like to think Jeff sniffs his food because he's checking for poison as a result of some event in his mysterious and storied past.

Demo derby is easily the worst premium feature.

*whispers* I vastly prefer Demo Derby when Jeff isn't on

I don't need to hear him talk about old games some more, he does it enough
Can't agree with either of these. Demo Derby is the best and I don't think we get enough of Jeff talking about old games. I thought he added a ton to the previous Demo Derby and I hope he's a permanent edition. I wish he would do more Bombasticas too. MGScanlon does nothing for me.

jaina

Honestly, the ad-free Bombcast is an even worse premium feature than UPF :D

But UPF has it's high moments and I like it for that.

guests on UPF should become a more regular thing, they're not always great but at least it changes things up a little.

bring in, like, Alexa. it seems weird that she hasn't been on any Giant Bomb stuff at all since joining GS.

Of the new shows since Dan arrived, I'd probably consider Demo Derby my favorite. I'm in that camp of most loving the stuff Giant Bomb does with older games, and Demo Derby is fantastic for that because you get to look at the good and really, really bad stuff. I'd put Metal Gear Scanlon and Mario Party Party on equal level, both have their highs and lows

I would sacrifice Mario Party Party and GB Unplugged upon the altars of Demo Derby and Metal Gear Scanlon.

UPF is much more consistently good than Happy Hour was, at least. It's not must-see internet but I like watching it each week.

Jb

UPF is much more consistently good than Happy Hour was, at least. It's not must-see internet but I like listening to it each week.

For me it's reached "Twitch stream/dull LP I put ont the background while I play a game" status. It feels like everyone's just going through the motions most of the time.
Maybe they'll figure out something else to replace UPF this year. It's the only premium stuff we know we're getting every week so I wish it was a better show.

Someone here asked to change the Puyopuyo GB art into avatars, so I just made them transparent using my shitty photoshop skills.

evzXVY5.png
exzwi32.png
WxkBBHw.png
dOG43Zl.png
8QqfSzT.png
2WZsOog.png
kyTTTu6.png

I also happened to notice some Japanese text hidden within the white background on some of the original art. I know some of you can read Japanese so get on that too.

ArjanN

Remember Professional Wednesdays? What a terrible idea that was...

I thought it was a good idea...
except without the Gamespot people.

For me it's reached "Twitch stream/dull LP I put ont the background while I play a game" status. It feels like everyone's just going through the motions most of the time.
Maybe they'll figure out something else to replace UPF this year. It's the only premium stuff we know we're getting every week so I wish it was a better show.

There's usually still 1 interesting game every UPF, but most of the time if feel like they're not trying very hard. At the moment Drew and Dan seem to be the only ones trying to go outside their comfort zone at all.

I like Jeff on Demo Derby because he can offer a lot of stories about stuff. He's been in the industry for a long time so it's cool to hear his experiences. I don't think he should be on every single one but i'd have loved to see his reaction to stuff like the insane playstation party video and the like.

We should all just go to the super best friends thread

It's only a matter of time until we merge. Super Best Giant Bomb Friends OT 13.

Demo derby should just be dan and jeff

Somewhere Dany just cried out in pain.

I also happened to notice some Japanese text hidden within the white background on some of the original art. I know some of you can read Japanese so get on that too.

I'm colorblind, as mentioned before, so even adjusting the colors I'm having a hard time seeing it. But, if I'm not mistaken, it just says "Aurahack" in katakana (オーラハック)

Kirlia

Banned
Someone here asked to change the Puyopuyo GB art into avatars, so I just made them transparent using my shitty photoshop skills.

evzXVY5.png
exzwi32.png
WxkBBHw.png
dOG43Zl.png
8QqfSzT.png
2WZsOog.png
kyTTTu6.png

Much gratitude! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom