• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Xyrmellon

Have they said when they expect to do the next installment of D&D? I know Rorie said he was going out of town this week so it may be a while.

Someone here asked to change the Puyopuyo GB art into avatars, so I just made them transparent using my shitty photoshop skills.

evzXVY5.png
exzwi32.png
WxkBBHw.png
dOG43Zl.png
8QqfSzT.png
2WZsOog.png
kyTTTu6.png

I also happened to notice some Japanese text hidden within the white background on some of the original art. I know some of you can read Japanese so get on that too.

Thanks!

Someone here asked to change the Puyopuyo GB art into avatars, so I just made them transparent using my shitty photoshop skills.

evzXVY5.png
exzwi32.png
WxkBBHw.png
dOG43Zl.png
8QqfSzT.png
2WZsOog.png
kyTTTu6.png

I also happened to notice some Japanese text hidden within the white background on some of the original art. I know some of you can read Japanese so get on that too.

This is pretty awesome!

ArjanN

Have they said when they expect to do the next installment of D&D? I know Rorie said he was going out of town this week so it may be a while.

That's kind of a problem with them doing D&D IMO, you basically have to have fairly epic session to actually get anywhere.

“If you’re looking to kill some zombies, this game is available.”
-Rorie

how could anybody not love Rorie?

Rorie is like the background extra in a sitcom that has the occasional spoken lines and an inferred personality and background accumulated from dozens of episodes. The writers and producers are aware of his cult following but are hesitant in making him a permanent cast member in fear of making him the next Poochie.

So they introduce Dan instead.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How long till somebody makes a "Cops cops cops cops cops cops cops cops -Jeff" tumbler picture...thingy for Hardline. You know it'll happen. Hell, I would do it if I had anything more advanced then MS Paint.

popo

Wow. This is pretty random but I was watching one of those awful American Pie sequels (the reunion one) and never knew Chris Klein's character is called Chris "Oz" Ostreicher. Spelled Os rather than Oes - like Jason - which I thought might be to fit the character having the nickname "Oz", but then he pronounces it "Awe-striker" rather than "A-striker", so I dunno.

http://americanpie.wikia.com/wiki/Christopher_Ostreicher

daydream

Banned
Wow. This is pretty random but I was watching one of those awful American Pie sequels (the reunion one) and never knew Chris Klein's character is called Chris "Oz" Ostreicher. Spelled Os rather than Oes - like Jason - which I thought might be to fit the character having the nickname "Oz", but then he pronounces it "Awe-striker" rather than "A-striker", so I dunno.

http://americanpie.wikia.com/wiki/Christopher_Ostreicher

O and Ö (originally oe) are two different vowels.

Listen.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Probably just the anglicisation of the letter Ö to "Oe" (how it's done in German, if no ö is available) or just "O". Should be the same origin, meaning "Austrian person".

daydream

Banned
There's a different story behind that letter for each language that uses it and it's not this simple.

The name's German in origin so that's what I was talking about, obviously. In Middle High German, œ was a long vowel, ö is its modern equivalent.

When everyone here complains about no Metal Gear Scanlon, I gave Tested $5...

• LEGO With Friends Builds (5 Episodes)
  • LEGO Star Wars Build (8 Episodes)
  • LED Hypnocube Build (9 Episodes)
  • LEGO Sandcrawlers Build (12 Episodes)
  • Quadcopter Drone Build (5 Episodes)
  • Japanese Papercraft Build (7 Episodes)
That seems worth it!

Haunted

Hey Brad,

You should check out Jonathan Blow playing Infinifactory on Twitch.

Not only does it shows you how crazy the later levels get but you get to see the game played from a genius programmer point of view which is kinda cool.

He always starts by solving the puzzles and then goes on to try to optimize them to reduce the footprint and cycle time to the lowest numbers possible.

It's amazing to watch.
holy shit what a difference to the QL (no offence Brad)

:lol

You can see it's a game made by the same guy who did Spacechem.

Lijik

Rorie is like the background extra in a sitcom that has the occasional spoken lines and an inferred personality and background accumulated from dozens of episodes. The writers and producers are aware of his cult following but are hesitant in making him a permanent cast member in fear of making him the next Poochie.

So they introduce Dan instead.

He'll get top billing in the final season after Brad leaves and they need to fluff up the intro.

Lelcar

I'd trade MGS for more Demo Derby in a freakin' heartbeat.

Forget Demo Derby, I want more Paul. I just finished watching Paul and Dan playing through the three games.

vinnyvania >> demo derby

Demo derby is easily the worst premium feature.

No, that would be UPF.

And this is why catering to fans and maintaining your fanbase is hard work.

Volotaire

And this is why catering to fans and maintaining your fanbase is hard work.

I was being mostly sarcastic (Demo Derby is great!), but I fully understand how it's hard for GB to cater to the older fans who want streams and more of the newer fans who want more endurance runs/MGS Scanlon/more Dan content. I'm also probably wrong presuming it's older fans and newer fans who want this type of content. Then there are fans who want content with specific content, games and podcasts. It's impressive how GB has balanced it out in the past few months.

valeo

Don't mind a big gap between MGScanlon's. I feel like it frustrates Drew to play these games , so having a gap makes him forget how horrible to play they are. :d

Don't mind a big gap between MGScanlon's. I feel like it frustrates Drew to play these games , so having a gap makes him forget how horrible to play they are. :d

Mhm, MGS1 and MGS2 are the roughest looking at a control standpoint. MGS3 and MGS4 are better, thankfully. MGS3 really nailed it in terms of control, and MGS4 is kinda Gears of Wars-y. I don't mind the wait. As Drews beard grows, so does his innate power.

Mhm, MGS1 and MGS2 are the roughest looking at a control standpoint. MGS3 and MGS4 are better, thankfully. MGS3 really nailed it in terms of control, and MGS4 is kinda Gears of Wars-y. I don't mind the wait. As Drews beard grows, so does his innate power.

But there's a lot more annoying mechanics in MGS3. Camo sucks and hunting can be annoying at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom