• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I have a feeling Nier will be on the top 10 GOTY. Listening to the Beastcast and Alex gets the game.

I feel like it's a game that the crew will eventually come around to playing by the end of the year. I can see Vinny and Brad really enjoying it, and Jeff seems to like it as well.

kai3345

Banned
just finished the spoilercast

for anyone just wanting to get to the meat of the discussion, I'd recommend skipping to about 1:30:00 in, as everything before that is them literally just them retelling the plot of the entire movie beat-for-beat

just finished the spoilercast

for anyone just wanting to get to the meat of the discussion, I'd recommend skipping to about 1:30:00 in, as everything before that is them literally just them retelling the plot of the entire movie beat-for-beat

No way don't skip it because they have some amazing jokes and riffs as they go through what happens the movie. It's the closest we'll get to a proper FF40s F8 commentary.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I thoroughly enjoyed Vinny and Alex coin and music session.
Although, Vinny drinking game of how many times he apologizes for his amateur coin knowledge.

Meneses

Yeah, the Playdate was adorable.

Looking forward to that new BitE, aww yiiiiisss.

I think the Obatarian was in my lineup all the way through, she was great.

Wunder

Yeah, the Playdate was adorable.

Looking forward to that new BitE, aww yiiiiisss.

I think the Obatarian was in my lineup all the way through, she was great.

She's gold-tier isn't she? Those ladies are usually great all the way up to the last couple of clubs, where at that point you kinda need full platinums to be pumping those mega rich dudes for cash

Xater

I was infinitely more entertained by Vinny nerding out over coins than UPF.

I was also reminded that I when I was younger I bought a magazine about collecting money. It was a monthly thing and always including some foreign currency. Google is not helping me in finding that thing. Pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore.

It would be great if Vinny played through Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap on a stream like with VinnyVania. I'm pretty sure it's a canonical Castlevania.

Hjod

Banned
So while we're on the subject, how far in to the story do I need to get if I want to take down the last Cabaret Club (Moon)? Or is it fan based?

pronk420

What video was Regina on a few months ago? I don't remember watching that.

I never thought this would happen but GB is feeling a bit old fashioned compared to twitch streamers I follow, who are streaming several hours almost every day. I'm not watching Yakuza because spoilers and there really doesn't seem to be that much content recently..

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I was also reminded that I when I was younger I bought a magazine about collecting money. It was a monthly thing and always including some foreign currency. Google is not helping me in finding that thing. Pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore.

I became fascinated with economics after college when I read Lords of Finance.
If you like Hardcore History and the like,you'd be fascinated by this.

I'm always drawn to stories and biographies, as an English major. History and economics can be so dry, so this why I love these accessible books.

Although the title sounds conspiratorial, it is nothing of the such.
mnF7GKs.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I liked the chillness of that stream but ultimately it got too boring for me.

Xater

I became fascinated with economics after college when I read Lords of Finance.
If you like Hardcore History and the like,you'd be fascinated by this.

I'm always drawn to stories and biographies, as an English major. History and economics can be so dry, so this why I love these accessible books.

Although the title sounds conspiratorial, it is nothing of the such.

Oh this sounds interesting. I'll add it to my "to read" list. Yeah that magazine also came with stories relating to currencies or the economy. I always vividly remember stories about he depression here in Germany and how people had money in wheelbarrows to pay for a loaf of bread.

So while we're on the subject, how far in to the story do I need to get if I want to take down the last Cabaret Club (Moon)? Or is it fan based?
Fan based. I beat the Real Estate Royale and Cabaret Club in one chapter each. It really added on to my play time total.

She's gold-tier isn't she? Those ladies are usually great all the way up to the last couple of clubs, where at that point you kinda need full platinums to be pumping those mega rich dudes for cash
What you need is someone with top tier stats in the specific things the customer is looking for, and several gold hostesses (and even a few silver ones) can reach that at high levels. Erranda (silver) was frequently on par with the platinums for me for example. Of course the rich guys tend to often request a specific platinum hostess, at which point you either need her available or you hit R1 and hope you get lucky.

You can finish the cabaret story without progressing the main story at all if you like. You just need to get a certain amount of fans in each area and then win the club battle.

Hjod

Banned
You can finish the cabaret story without progressing the main story at all if you like. You just need to get a certain amount of fans in each area and then win the club battle.

Ok, so I guess I need go raise the ammount of fans from other areas as well then.

Hjod

Banned
Just in case I was unclear, once you beat an area's club battle you're done with it. You no longer need to think about it, just move on to the more profitable areas.

Ah ok, thanks :).

Man, Alex sold me on Nier, I just need to finish Yakuza first haha.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Totally accurate battle simulator looks pretty great. Also looks like I would break my pc with it.

Gilzor

I'm listening to the F8 commentary and not being able to get thru a movie without having to take a piss at Dan's age is concerning.

Dan was diagnosed pre-diabetic a while back and, as someone who actually became type-2 diabetic in the last couple of years, I can't help but see the symptoms I experienced in Dan. The amount of sodas he drinks, and the amount of times he has to piss, just keep reminding me of myself before my own diagnosis. For his sake I hope he really does just have the world's smallest bladder.

Guitar Hero 2 takes me back and makes me consider just how much of my life I spent playing that game. The music selection was great. I played the latest one recently and sold it because the music was so bad.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
No one needs sodas anyways. Stick to water, coffee and tea. That's all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom