• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. why

2. why isn't the superior white/orange one coming to NA

I liked The Unfinished Swan so I'm probably going to play it at some point

also want to play The Sexy Brutale and Cosmic Star Heroine

video games!

1. budget product for people who aren't babies (ie regular 2DS market)
2. because fuck noa

I like that the name is basically the fucking Legion of 3DS titles, a swirling amalgamation of prefixes, suffixes, and modifiers.

...but it just Brad and Jeff's voices, and the camera switches to...

"Jeff" and "Brad" on the couch taking off their Mission Impossible face masks to reveal that they're the new hires and we've been watching them all along!

no no

it's those paper masks of themselves that they have around

perfect, wrap it up. Hire me as the hype guy giant bomb I won't let you down.

Watching the Contradiction vids and I totally fucking called that
Rebecca
was the killer. I just knew it. Augh, I feel so good I was right lol.

kvothe

1. budget product for people who aren't babies (ie regular 2DS market)
2. because fuck noa

I like that the name is basically the fucking Legion of 3DS titles, a swirling amalgamation of prefixes, suffixes, and modifiers.

Until watching the ad for this thing, I didn't really think about how confusing the name of this device is. It's the 2DS and they show all the games with "3DS" written on the cover. I'm betting this confuses so many people, especially now that it resembles a 3DS. Because that's not how numbers and progression works.

I downloaded the most recent episode after your thread, looking forward to checking it out. Plus, enjoyed Ben Hanson's appearance on the Beastcast a whole lot.

Lol im nervous that people aren't going to like it now that I wrote that, but I think it's really solid. Like I said in the thread, just give it a couple episodes and skip the games/ discussions you aren't feeling.

Or even look for past game clubs (I'd recommend the FFVII one) or developer interviews.

Edit: from what I've heard so far this week I mostly enjoyed the Mario Kart, Edith Finch, and email bits.

Lol im nervous that people aren't going to like it now that I wrote that, but I think it's really solid. Like I said in the thread, just give it a couple episodes and skip the games/ discussions you aren't feeling.

Or even look for past game clubs (I'd recommend the FFVII one) or developer interviews.

Edit: from what I've heard so far this week I mostly enjoyed the Mario Kart, Edith Finch, and email bits.

I wish they'd do Game Clubs on games that weren't 50 hours long, or just came out. I have to imagine a lot of people ended up regretting choosing Andromeda for their most recent one.

I'd put money on Prey being their next GC.

Anjin M

Until watching the ad for this thing, I didn't really think about how confusing the name of this device is. It's the 2DS and they show all the games with "3DS" written on the cover. I'm betting this confuses so many people, especially now that it resembles a 3DS. Because that's not how numbers and progression works.

Having an 3ds like machine that I can't accidently on the 3d sounds good to me.

EDIT:

A reminder that Ryan was the best: https://youtu.be/wiNJRxf1RMU

dcassell

Banned
Been into that Puyo Puyo Tetris, and found my way to the two streams GB has done of Tetris Battle Gaiden.

What on earth is that thing? This has to be the coolest Tetris game I've ever seen. I'm amazed I've never seen or heard of this before. Absolutely going to bring this out at a game night or two in the future beside PPT.

Meguro

Banned
I just played the Prey demo (who would've guessed that sentence makes sense in 2017?).
Kinda sucked ass?
Pretty disappointed honestly.
The input lag is insanely terrible.

derFeef

Started Nier:A yesterday and died during the intro scene. That's after playing the demo and not dying that time... well that was a bummer to play this whole thing for a third time after a short amount of time.

Been into that Puyo Puyo Tetris, and found my way to the two streams GB has done of Tetris Battle Gaiden.

What on earth is that thing? This has to be the coolest Tetris game I've ever seen. I'm amazed I've never seen or heard of this before. Absolutely going to bring this out at a game night or two in the future beside PPT.

Fuck Ninja Kid!
Also on the edge on buying PPT - not completely sold on it yet based on the demo. It's just missing some charm, the characters seem soulless.

robotrock

Banned
The prey demo felt like shit
interested in seeing the story play out
i'll see if the pc version is ok
mouse and keyboard might solve my issues

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Started Nier:A yesterday and died during the intro scene. That's after playing the demo and not dying that time... well that was a bummer to play this whole thing for a third time after a short amount of time.

Yeah when I started I made the mistake thinking that I can play it on hard.

I think I saw the intro section 3-4 times before I realised my mistake.

Yeah when I started I made the mistake thinking that I can play it on hard.

I think I saw the intro section 3-4 times before I realised my mistake.

Still wish there was a difficulty between normal and hard. Normal feels so easy at times and when I want to have abit more challenge and bump it to hard, I get one-hit deaths all over the place. The only thing I found is to not equip weapon attack up chips and health chips.

killroy87

I just played the Prey demo (who would've guessed that sentence makes sense in 2017?).
Kinda sucked ass?
Pretty disappointed honestly.
The input lag is insanely terrible.
Some Bethesda person here said the input lag is a known issue, and fixed for launch.

Catvoca

Banned
There once was a thread about Giant Bomb
With which Brad's work ethic they had a qualm

They wrote it in Haiku
Brad arrived psycho

And dunked on Piston with aplomb

Meguro

Banned
This thread can't agree upon anything.
I'm sure there's someone in here that dislikes *insert popular feature that most people like here*.

Zaph

I'll take it any way I can get it, but non-live TitR's are kind of a bummer. But I suppose having it all live means they've got to dump all the episodes at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom